davjohns

Some can not be bothered with facts or logic

"Men prefer to believe what they prefer to be true."
-- Francis Bacon
(1561-1626) Philosopher, British Lord Chancellor
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

It’s not a crime to be in the U.S. illegally. It’s a violation of civil law. - INS Deputy District Director Fred Alexander speaking to a group of 'undocumented' day laborers. Marietta (Georgia) Daily Journal
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"I used to be a werewolf ..... but I'm alright Nooooowwwwww"

Haha I was at quincy in 99 and there was this dude in a tent next to me screaming that at the top of his lungs. I was the only one in my crew who thought it was fucking hilarious. Is it from a movie?

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."
Yogi Berra

Miami? No one goes there anymore - it's always to crowded. - Yogi Berra
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

So, Mrs. Kennedy, aside from all that, how do you like Dallas?”

Pushing the Right Buttons - Christa McAuliffe

"The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then get elected and prove it." - PJ O'Rourke

"I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends ... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson

"Men prefer to believe what they prefer to be true."
-- Francis Bacon
(1561-1626) Philosopher, British Lord Chancellor

As a retired substance abuse/mental health counselor, counter culture advocate and sport parachutist, I learned a long time ago that logic and facts count for very little in decision making for most folks.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is more subjective than objective.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

"Some can not be bothered with facts or logic, they are called democrats!"
Peterson Jonas

Now there's a real old-school intellect whom which we can hang our hats :S

How about these facts:

http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_glance.htm

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EDJI+Interactive#chart1:symbol=^dji;range=2y;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

Jobs are being created, the GDP is smoking, the market is up; what data do you have. Wait, wait, wait, not the rhetoric, but the data/facts as you suggested.

After the Great Republican Depression, Hoover had to raise taxes to bail us out, quite a bit too late, but he finally did. Obama chose to deficit spend to help the little guy after this Great Republican Recession; either process works, but an action had to occur.

Isn't it amazing how there's always a string of Republicans right before fucked economic times and a string of Dem presidents during the repair?

- 3 terms of scumpublicans leading to the GD

- 3 terms of scumpublicans leading to the 1990 recession

- 2 terms of scumpublicans leading to our current Great Republicans Recssion

Most of the debt is attributable to 2 scumbags: Fascist pif Ronnie and GWB. Yet you say that's illogic? Why?