Airsoft AR Lower

Anyone seen this? If it's true, it would be dumb and a waste of money to do it.

"“The airsoft can be converted to an AR-15,” firearms manufacturer Leo Gonnuscio told FoxNews.com after testing the make and model of airsoft guns seized by the ATF.

Having concluded that several other airsoft guns could not be converted to fire real ammunition, Gonnuscio said he was surprised to find that he was able to to transform this particular gun to the real thing -- and with “minimal work,” because its bottom half, or “receiver,” is so similar to an AR-15's.

To make the airsoft receiver function just like an AR-15’s, Gonnuscio said, “All you have to do is drill one hole.”"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/exclusive-toy-gun-sold-easily-turned-real-thing/?test=latestnews

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I googled "Leo Gonnuscio" and got this:

http://www.barking-moonbat.com/index.php/weblog/category/Media-Bias/

It's the fourth story down the page. Not exactly an unbiased source, but it makes sense.

Parts don't fit and won't function.

And the Fox story has questions as to why the lower receiver is considered the "official" gun with the rest just parts, and claims that it's because the manufacturer did so because it was the easiest place to put the serial number.

That's a bunch of shit too. The BATF determines which part is the gun. Usually the piece that contains the fire control parts (trigger, hammer, safety, ect.) Which is the lower receiver. And it isn't at all difficult to put markings on rounded surfaces.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

That's a bunch of shit too. The BATF determines which part is the gun. Usually the piece that contains the fire control parts (trigger, hammer, safety, ect.) Which is the lower receiver. And it isn't at all difficult to put markings on rounded surfaces.

All AR lowers are considered the "gun" because they are the serialized parts. That is why when you buy a lower receiver, you have to go through a FFL. (except for private party purchase etc. etc.) but i can have an upper sent to me in the mail.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

All AR lowers are considered the "gun" because they are the serialized parts. That is why when you buy a lower receiver, you have to go through a FFL. (except for private party purchase etc. etc.) but i can have an upper sent to me in the mail.;)

Absolutely. It's true for any gun. One part is serialized and considered the "official gun". The rest is just parts. Usually its the frame or receiver. Usually the piece that holds the fire control mechanism.

I've put together a couple ARs, after purchasing the lowers through FFL holders.
The Fox News article quoted the dude saying that the manufacuter made the lower the "official gun" because it was easier to put the serial number on it because it had a flat surface, and that it should have been the part that held the firing chamber (the upper). That's what I was calling bullshit on.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo