ridestrong

Obama upset about the oil spill "blame game"... Seriously?

So basicly, (I do not want to put words in your mouth) you do not respect someone elses words if you chose to be ofended by them. And to that end you defend ones right to use violence in such cases?

Wow, I am really not sure how you got that from what I said. First of all, I said that if you COULD say something in a less offensive way but CHOSE to use the offensive way knowing that it would be offensive then I have a problem with that. Sorry, but if someone is going to intentionally try to be offensive I am going to lose respect for them. As for advocation violence, I did nothing of the sort. I said you shouldn't be surprised by a negative reaction. A negative reaction in no way implies or requires violence. I tend to ignore and avoid people I don't respect.

You keep trying to wiggle away. (or maybe I am not clear)
I said nothing about intention attempts to offend. I am talking about using words. And in some cases and may know or may not know if a word is offensive to you.

I have no problem with ignore. That in my mind is making the choice not to let someone offend you.

It is also all of our choice to make whether or not we respect some one for what they say. But once we loose respect for the right for anyone to say damn near anything we are hosed

How about this, do you avoid or ignore those who hold ideal you do not agree with?

Know this about me. As you have seen in my replies to Wendy I have trouble even typing out the n word so I do it this way. I think it is a nasty word in today’s context, so I dont use it. When others do I cringe but, that is because of my conditioning. Now, IF that some person used the word and showed me through his/her actions that they did not like a group of people because of (all the normal protected class) reasons. My opinion of them would change more quickly and severely.

I tend to think the same of those who very quickly label someone because of the use of a word. I find that just as despicable.

…………………………….. and my period key STILL works
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

2) I used this word deliberately to illustrate a point regarding hypocrisy. Apparently, I scored a dead center.

For the record, I'm not buying it. I doubt I'm alone.

3) My insult was directed toward someone who is destroying the economy (deliberately or not) and who has demonstrated strong totalitarian impulses.

The economy was in the shitter when he got the job. It's heading the other way now (although with significant baggage). As for totalitarian impulses I'd say that you're almost a decade late on that claim. Ask Cheney. He's the unitary executive theory guy who said deficits don't matter. Were you mad when whitey was hiding in a bunker starting optional trillion dollar wars while all wrapped up in a blanket of executive privilege and loyalty statements?

And in the future, if you'd like to make a point about policies that you disagree with I'd try specifically addressing the issues in question. "Pretending" to be a racist bigot will detract from your argument.

The economy is not heading the other way. Seen the stats and the market today?

The only reason the econmy has looked better is because of the addition of gov jobs and state govs proped up (for the sake of the unions) by the stimulas package.
The fan is on
The shit is coming

I really wish I was wrongB|

Abraham Lincoln

To some people, "teabagger" applied as a general term might be as offensive as "nigger" applied to the President (let's leave off the Hitler wannabe part for now).

Someone who runs is called a runner. Someone who skydives is called a skydiver. Someone who sails is a sailor. Someone who teaches is a teacher. Someone who advises is an adviser. Someone who manages is a manager.

If people describe, on their own web site, what they do as "teabagging", then they are teabaggers. That's just standard usage in the English language. I fail to see why Airman and Marc Rush disagree unless they are unaware of standard English.

So you are claiming ignorance to the implied sexual connotation of tea bagging????

www.teabagbarackobama.com/

If that's how they wish to describe what they do, WHO ARE YOU TO ARGUE.

You are claiming ignorance then.....

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

To some people, "teabagger" applied as a general term might be as offensive as "nigger" applied to the President (let's leave off the Hitler wannabe part for now).

Someone who runs is called a runner. Someone who skydives is called a skydiver. Someone who sails is a sailor. Someone who teaches is a teacher. Someone who advises is an adviser. Someone who manages is a manager.

If people describe, on their own web site, what they do as "teabagging", then they are teabaggers. That's just standard usage in the English language. I fail to see why Airman and Marc Rush disagree unless they are unaware of standard English.

So you are claiming ignorance to the implied sexual connotation of tea bagging????

I ignore your word games and will continue to do so.

So my question remains unaswered by you as per your normal MOA

And if you care to take a look at the site provided by you more carefully, I think it becomes clear this is a site looking for financial gain from the movement and not part of the movement itself.

But if you can prove otherwise
Abraham Lincoln

The only reason the econmy has looked better is because of the addition of gov jobs and state govs proped up (for the sake of the unions) by the stimulas package.
The fan is on
The shit is coming

I'm not a day trader so I look at longer trends. And yes, the economy is a hell of a lot better than it was when we weren't sure whether or not we'd actually have one. As for the recovery, it will be slow, especially if we try to rebuild with some form of sustainability in mind. We can't go back to growing our economy on the back of purchasing cheap crap from Walmart and high stakes gambling in the financial market.

When do you think the Romans realized what was happening? The shit has already hit the fan and we're covered in it. But it didn't start suddenly in January of 2009.

The fan is on
The shit is coming

I'm not a day trader so I look at longer trends. And yes, the economy is a hell of a lot better than it was when we weren't sure whether or not we'd actually have one. As for the recovery, it will be slow, especially if we try to rebuild with some form of sustainability in mind. We can't go back to growing our economy on the back of purchasing cheap crap from Walmart and high stakes gambling in the financial market.

When do you think the Romans realized what was happening? The shit has already hit the fan and we're covered in it. But it didn't start suddenly in January of 2009.

Your are partialy right
It started during the Cater admin
Clinton doubled down on it
Bush didnt help nor is Obama
Abraham Lincoln

Your are partialy right
It started during the Cater admin
Clinton doubled down on it
Bush didnt help nor is Obama

You are forgetting an especially important failed economic experiment. The data is in. Trickle down doesn't.

Ya whatever
I have seen that twisted work before and it is not worth going over again with you

Fact is howerve, wer are sitting on a stimulas bubble. When this one pops housing one is going to get forgotten quickly

I am listening to the guy who forecasted where we are today three years ago. This is what he is predicting
Abraham Lincoln

Ya whatever
I have seen that twisted work before and it is not worth going over again with you

It's pretty easy to figure out. After a quarter century of the experiment the majority of wealth is in the hands of an extremely small minority and the number of people on food stamps is at an all time high. Doesn't sound like there was much trickling down.

Fact is howerve, wer are sitting on a stimulas bubble. When this one pops housing one is going to get forgotten quickly

I am listening to the guy who forecasted where we are today three years ago. This is what he is predicting

So maybe our legislators should get to solving some problems and coming up with some sustainable growth ideas instead of trying to simply position themselves for the next election. There are many who hope our leadership fails miserably at growing our economy and the workforce, it bodes well for them personally.

Ya whatever

It's pretty easy to figure out. After a quarter century of the experiment the majority of wealth is in the hands of an extremely small minority and the number of people on food stamps is at an all time high. Doesn't sound like there was much trickling down.

So maybe our legislators should get to solving some problems and coming up with some sustainable growth ideas instead of trying to simply position themselves for the next election. There are many who hope our leadership fails miserably at growing our economy and the workforce, it bodes well for them personally.

Nice misrepresention of what some are hoping to fail
I hope Obama fails because his policies will make things worse
As to your comments concerning those in office? I concur

But growing gov (which is what the current "recovery" is based on) can not provide for anything. It is the private sector jobs that can do that. A couple of small IRS changes would bring the economy back in a hurry while increasing the revenue to the treasurey at the same time. NO matter what happens however, to get a sustained recovery fed spending must be slashed
Abraham Lincoln

2) I used this word deliberately to illustrate a point regarding hypocrisy. Apparently, I scored a dead center.

This. He's doomed. Should probably just change his username because he's fucked.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

My thoughts - Sorry guys - you coined the term yourselves - deal with it or rage a big PR move to get it stopped.

WRONG! it was the opposition that started referring to Tea Party members as "Teabaggers" not the other way around. You guys are looking at these illegitimate/bogus websites and using it as your talking point.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

The economy was in the shitter when he got the job. It's heading the other way now (although with significant baggage).

:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S

Not sure how you figured that one out.... no guarantee if we've even hit bottom yet.

>WRONG! it was the opposition that started referring to Tea Party
>members as "Teabaggers" not the other way around.

Bzzt! They walked around with signs calling on people to teabag the White House. They even put teabags on their shirts. See pictures below.

If they want to change the name they chose for themselves, then by all means, start the process. But it's a little unreasonable to say "Hi, my name is Dick" then get upset when people call you Dick.

This. He's doomed. Should probably just change his username because he's fucked.

We're moving on.... :o

>WRONG! it was the opposition that started referring to Tea Party
>members as "Teabaggers" not the other way around.

Bzzt! They walked around with signs calling on people to teabag the White House. They even put teabags on their shirts. See pictures below.

If they want to change the name they chose for themselves, then by all means, start the process. But it's a little unreasonable to say "Hi, my name is Dick" then get upset when people call you Dick.

I said it once... and I'll say it again, 9 times out of 10 when the opposition refers to them as "Teabaggers" it is meant to insult. That is the difference.

I don't think you will find to many legitimate Tea Partiers referring to them selves as "Teabaggers". The use of tea bags is a symbol to reform the current economic policy, and I imagine it's easier than walking around with a spoon full of tea. ;)

>I don't think you will find to many legitimate Tea Partiers referring to
>them selves as "Teabaggers"

It's easier than saying "people who encourage teabagging."

What happened is that there were a lot of people who thought "teabag the White House" was a great slogan. It showed up on signs, T-shirts, and FOX News. Then someone actually looked up what "teabag" meant, and was horrified. Since then the word has tricked out to all the former teabaggers that their chosen name isn't really such a good name.

Which is fine; I am sure eventually they'll be called Tea Partyers. In the meantime it's funny to watch how outraged they are when people call them by the name they initially chose.

Which is fine; I am sure eventually they'll be called Tea Partyers. In the meantime it's funny to watch how outraged they are when people call them by the name they initially chose.

Frankly it was kinda funny the first couple of times 3 or 4 months ago. People that still find it funny are a bit simple minded. Kinda like when some dipshit congressman emphasizes it "to be funny" and the crowd still laughs like a bunch of cronies.

Besides... in case you did hear, it's "Teabagga" not "Teabagger".

If they don't like being called teabaggers, they shouldn't have started calling for Obama and the Dems to be "teabagged".

One who runs = runner
One who jogs = jogger
One who wrestles = wrestler
One who boxes = boxer
One who rides = rider
One who teabags = teabagger

Classic case of being hoist by their own petard.

Frankly it was kinda funny the first couple of times 3 or 4 months ago. People that still find it funny are a bit simple minded. Kinda like when some dipshit congressman emphasizes it "to be funny" and the crowd still laughs like a bunch of cronies.

Besides... in case you did hear, it's "Teabagga" not "Teabagger".

Well I still need to use the term, not to be funny but to help differentiate between the constituents in the tea party.
I see the Tea Partyers as those who want to dismantle the lobbyist plutocracy that runs Washington. I sympathize with that group.
The Tea Baggers to me are the ones with the hate signs and who seem to think that things were fine until Obama came along. In this case, "tea bagger" is also meant with derogatory overtones because I think it's much nicer than saying "fucking idiots".
Then there are the political opportunists. Those are the establishment Republican leadership, the Becks, Hannitys, Limbaughs etc. who are in it for the political gamesmanship and power grab. That group has mixtures of both Tea Partyers and Tea Baggers.
This mixture is where I run into problems with the Tea Party. There's some good stuff in movement but I can't associate myself with it because of the overwhelming influence from the ugliest, most destructive elements.

You DO have SUCH a hard time with the English language.

You DO have SUCH a hard time with the English language.

Hi John
Abraham Lincoln

...Now, in the case of what airman said, he did it intentionally to be disrespectful...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
No. I did it to expose hypocrisy. It worked.

...His statement was disgusting and shows a lot about his character...
Get a thicker skin. It's a word I've almost never used. I've been paying attention to political issues for nearly 20 years and have grown weary of being called a "racist" by left-wing totalitarians who keep taking away my money and my freedom. These people direct their offensive insults at decent Americans who just want to be left alone. Your inability to keep things in perspective shows a lot about your character.

... The fact that he said it about the POTUS says even more....
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
OHHH! We can't say anything bad about the President?

(1943) "Rabbi, I know you disagree with the deportations, but you shouldn't speak unkindly about Mr. Hitler that way, He IS the President."

Really now. Do you remove those kneepads once in a while just to wash them?

...he is the POTUS and to say something like that shows a complete lack of respect not just for the man, but the office and the country...

It is Obama who shows a complete lack of respect for the office and country. His campaign was little more than a series of lies and vacuous slogans (as well as frequent remarks about his race.) He won the election BECAUSE he's black. Many of the people who voted for him never expected what they got. They don't pay attention to current events and didn't understand the ramifications of their vote; They jes' be wantin' a black President.

He won election by fraud & deceit, then proceeded to shove an aggressive left-wing agenda down our collective throats. Not only is he wrecking the economy, but he has shown contempt for everything that has made this nation great.

His response to the Gulf accident reeks of strong-arm bullying. Instead of a spirit of cooperation, his impulse is to treat BP as a villain, with talk of "investigations" & "hearings" spewing from his conceited mouth.

I feel like a guy riding a rocking chair in a small room full of cats.

Cheers,
Jon

Well I still need to use the term, not to be funny but to help differentiate between the constituents in the tea party.
I see the Tea Partyers as those who want to dismantle the lobbyist plutocracy that runs Washington. I sympathize with that group.
The Tea Baggers to me are the ones with the hate signs and who seem to think that things were fine until Obama came along. In this case, "tea bagger" is also meant with derogatory overtones because I think it's much nicer than saying "fucking idiots".
Then there are the political opportunists. Those are the establishment Republican leadership, the Becks, Hannitys, Limbaughs etc. who are in it for the political gamesmanship and power grab. That group has mixtures of both Tea Partyers and Tea Baggers.
This mixture is where I run into problems with the Tea Party. There's some good stuff in movement but I can't associate myself with it because of the overwhelming influence from the ugliest, most destructive elements.

+1

and to think i read all seven pages of this nonsense looking for a thread on the bp oil spill.. politics aside, that shit is looking pretty ominous to me...

http://bpoilslick.blogspot.com/

i