rushmc

Teachers are Evil

It's not a fantasy of mine. I just want to know what happened. To hear the OTHER side.

What possible justification could you give for her actions?

I dunno. Let's find out what happened first before we condemn her though.

What scenario could you imagine that would justify her continued attack on that kid?

Just come up with ONE that justifies what she did.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's not a fantasy of mine. I just want to know what happened. To hear the OTHER side.

What scenario could you imagine that would justify her continued attack on that kid?

That's silly. It doesn't matter what my imagination can create. What matters is what actually happened.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That's silly. It doesn't matter what my imagination can create. What matters is what actually happened.

Why is that silly?

I just cannot come up with one.
I cannot, for the life of me, think of a scenario where what she did would ever be acceptable.
All I am asking is for one acceptable scenario that fills up that time slot that you have that would have all the mitigating circumstances.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I cannot, for the life of me, think of a scenario where what she did would ever be acceptable.

Fine . . . the kid killed her child. Happy?

If some 10-year-old kid killed your child you wouldn't beat the ever living crap out of him?

The kid raped her child.

If some kid raped your child you wouldn't beat the ever living crap out of him?

Does that make the beating "right"? That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that context does in fact matter and yes, there are circumstances I can imagine where the beating would be understandable if still not right or legal.

Context DOES matter.
quade -

What happened was a teacher beat the crap out of a kid. And then Rush posted about it, so you immediately felt compelled to doubt the story.

Apparently your imagination has failed you and you can't come up with a single situation to warrant this violation of duty, so you're going to stonewall with a "wait till the facts come in" approach.

A month ago my sister started teaching a class of "4th grade" highly impaired autistic kids. She's already gotten kicked and slapped a few times. She doesn't get to beat them down for it. If one becomes problematic, it's out of the public school and into the institution. Not a dirty harry beating.

Yes, we'll going to remember this thread for future use. I expect the hypocrisy to show itself in the next week, two tops.

Does that make the beating "right"? That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that context does in fact matter and yes, there are circumstances I can imagine where the beating would be understandable if still not right or legal.

Context DOES matter.

So the Ollie North defense is what you got?

Context DOES matter.

I'm sorry for those that can only see black and white because the world has an infinite amount of shadings between the two and they are deluding themselves by thinking otherwise.
quade -

Context DOES matter.

I'm sorry for those that can only see black and white because the world has an infinite amount of shadings between the two and they are deluding themselves by thinking otherwise.

I think maybe you misunderstand what I was trying t o put across. There is a thread going "famous celebs not in the military" or somthing . . . involving a situation where there was an antagonist and an action taken to stop that antagonist. What I am doing is comparing the two.

SO - We can take Jakee's comparison and put it in this situation. This is comperable to a woman getting raped, is it not. No matter what the kid did do to deserve it, it is illegal and criminal.

10 will get you 20 if the parents had been doing there job the teacher wouldn't have had to do it for them. On top of it all she hardly beat him. She smacked him around a bit.

What would have been ".. their job.." the teacher did for the parents???

You seem to have a very special opinion on parents' jobs :|

*Smacking around a bit ..?* Sounds funny, in fact simply is abuse of a child.

(I will not enter into the omnipresent writings skills here ... :S)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I'm sorry for those who haven't learned about professionalism and its conduct. When it comes to teachers hitting their students, it's an amazingly black and white world.

And of course, you refused to shed any light on these shades of gray, since you know they don't exist.

What would have been ".. their job.." the teacher did for the parents???

How about teaching your son before he's a teenager (at age, oh I dunno, 3?) not to hit/harass/threaten girls.

And then he cracked under peer pressure...... You can't always blame the parents for a child going off the rails. The fact of the matter is that this so called teacher attacked a pupil. Maybe she thinks she was justified in doing so, maybe she was having an off day, maybe her father had just died..... it doesn't matter, what she did was wrong and she should be punished.

My 2 cents.

As we pontificate different scenarios regarding why the teacher knuckled up on a KID, flying fists to the head and kicks to the ribs on a totally defensive smaller child ...I have to wonder what shit storm of a riot would have surfaced if she was white?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm sorry for those who haven't learned about professionalism and its conduct. When it comes to teachers hitting their students, it's an amazingly black and white world.

And of course, you refused to shed any light on these shades of gray, since you know they don't exist.

I'm curious about what you make of this story?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The guy was a loon and was banned from having dumb bells

shhhheeshhhh
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Typically you have not in the past

Typically, you have not been paying attention. I'm pretty much always interested in hearing both sides before passing judgement.

Really?
Then post that way

Really?

What was my first post in this thread?

Ya, this thread

not normal for you but this thread you did what you point out here
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

1) Seems like something John Rich would post - another case of the UK crime and punishment system failing it's people. Bashing someone in the head with a 3kg dumbell is attempted murder.

2) No fucking way he should be permitted to continue his job as a teacher. If his charges were dismissed due to mental incapacity, he's not capable of this role.

3) What sort of school is All Saints Roman Catholic School? Catholic schools here are private, and they have the right (and exercise it) to dismiss any student for any reason they wish. They have an easier time dealing with little shits - they kick em out.

4) More reasons that 13yo shouldn't have cell phones at all, and certainly not in the class. I'm all for a policy that allows for confiscation on sight.

Why is that silly?

I just cannot come up with one.
All I am asking is for one acceptable scenario that fills up that time slot that you have that would have all the mitigating circumstances.

I agree with Turtle here, I AM a teacher and i work with kids who are likely to front foot me.
There is NO, none never a reason to beat on a child EVER.
I have had to subdue a couple of kids and I have had to defend myself one time.
NEVER does that require beating a child.
MINIMUM necessary force to defuse the situation ALWAYS.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

MINIMUM necessary force to defuse the situation ALWAYS.

May I suggest to you that is a rather large grey area and the "MINIMUM necessary force" varies quite a bit depending on the circumstance.
quade -

You, Yes You, Stand Still Laddie!

When we grew up and went to school, there were certain teachers who would hurt the children anyway they could
by pouring their derision upon anything we did
exposing every weakness however carefully hidden by the kids.

But in the town it was well known that when they got home at night
their fat and psychopathic wives
Would thrash them within inches of their lives!

We don't need no education
We don’t need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teacher! Leave them kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.