jclalor

DZ.commers who have served in the military

British Army 84 - 09 - just over a quarter of a century - I'm getting old :o

Just think - Twardo said that very same thing when he was doing a stint in the army during the battle of Thermopylae.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

USAF (1993)1998-2004

1993-98 was my time at the Air Force Academy. it's weird, we weren't "active duty", but we had green active duty ID cards. count it if you want, I usually do. it was more "air force" than my stupid desk job after commissioning.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

U.S. Navy/ Marines 1998-2005

Explanation: I joined the navy, became a Hospital Corpsman, then my uniform magically turned into camouflage and Marines were the only thing I ever saw again.

So I was technically in the Navy, but everyday it seemed like I was definitely in the Marine Corps.

And I loved every second of it!

Hi jc,
Fergot ta' add, "Shellback!!" 27SEP68 out of Singapore on the Princeton. The card says lon. 105*50'. "Arrrrrrgh Mate!!" How many other DZ.commers are Shellbacks?? Navy or any other branch (aboard a US Navy Ship crossing the Equator).
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Thank you all for your service. You are brothers and sisters regardless of the branches and the era in which you served. .....and regardless of your widely varied political convictions. I have to say that not having served in the armed forces has been one of my regrets and I do view that choice as a life mistake. Once again, thanks for your dedication and sacrifice for your country.

Hi jc,
Fergot ta' add, "Shellback!!" 27SEP68 out of Singapore on the Princeton. The card says lon. 105*50'. "Arrrrrrgh Mate!!" How many other DZ.commers are Shellbacks?? Navy or any other branch (aboard a US Navy Ship crossing the Equator).

Right Here!!!

God I hated Baby Neptune

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

]Hi jc,

Fergot ta' add, "Shellback!!" 27SEP68 out of Singapore on the Princeton. The card says lon. 105*50'. "Arrrrrrgh Mate!!" Navy or any other branch (aboard a US Navy Ship crossing the Equator)]*** How many other DZ.commers are Shellbacks??

Who could forget? 1982, somewhere in the south pacific.

U.S. Army 2004-2009 - 506th Infantry (Band of Brothers), 101st Airborne Division.

Hey, Gawain. I must have crossed path with you in FOB Loyalty, Iraq it 2006. We were the Navy guys that wouldn't wear Army regulation socks to the chow hall:)

Of all the things to be concerned about in a war zone.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything