Lucky...

US Sen. Bob Bennett ousted at Utah GOP convention

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100508/ap_on_el_se/us_utah_senate

The Republican joke machine is still confused. The country has spoken 3 times in a row and said they want less balls-out conservatism, yet the Utah electorate wants more. This is just good news, followed by Nazizona's idiocy for passing 1070. The first step is acknowledgement, then acceptance and yet these clowns are still in denial. All I can say is a resounding: THANK YOU. B|

The Republican joke machine is still confused. The country has spoken 3 times in a row and said they want less balls-out conservatism, yet the Utah electorate wants more. This is just good news, followed by Nazizona's idiocy for passing 1070. The first step is acknowledgement, then acceptance and yet these clowns are still in denial. All I can say is a resounding: THANK YOU. B|

Proof that this groundswell of dissent is against the incumbents in general, regardless of party. If we're really lucky, maybe we can replace all 435 in the House and whoever many are up in the Senate this year.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

>Gawain: Proof that this groundswell of dissent is against the incumbents in general, regardless of party. If we're really >lucky, maybe we can replace all 435 in the House and however many are up in the Senate this year.

>Captain 1976: Yeah, the best is yet to come; Taking back the out of control criminal Government.

I don't necessarily disagree with you guys but who do you think will replace them? Something/someone better? With all due respect, that's naive. As long as elections, key politicians and the mainstream news media (at all ends of the political spectrum) are all bought and paid for by the wealthiest families and corporations that really own the USA - which is to say, forever - nothing will change, even on the rare occasions that it appears to.

>Gawain: Proof that this groundswell of dissent is against the incumbents in general, regardless of party. If we're really >lucky, maybe we can replace all 435 in the House and however many are up in the Senate this year.

>Captain 1976: Yeah, the best is yet to come; Taking back the out of control criminal Government.

I don't necessarily disagree with you guys but who do you think will replace them? Something/someone better? With all due respect, that's naive. As long as elections, key politicians and the mainstream news media (at all ends of the political spectrum) are all bought and paid for by the wealthiest families and corporations that really own the USA - which is to say, forever - nothing will change, even on the rare occasions that it appears to.

Hence why I said, "If we're really lucky..." :|

Other than that, I agree with you. [:/] Having said that, I have met some of these "wealthy" folks that stay off the radar and push agendas from behind the scenes. The ones that I've met do not have that "sinister" element per se. Rather, as was pointed out to me, it is literally a collision of diametrically opposed ideas, and it is trickling down through what we see on camera.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Proof that this groundswell of dissent is against the incumbents in general, regardless of party. If we're really lucky, maybe we can replace all 435 in the House and whoever many are up in the Senate this year.

Why? The economic meltdown? It was in teh works for years, why clean house? Or was it just fine to keep all in while Dumbya was in, now that you're in the minority it's clean hosue time. I think teh voters have cleaned house and senate, pun intended, in the last 3 elections.

Yeah, the best is yet to come; Taking back the out of control criminal Government.

I see and you never said this while Reagan was trippling the debt, GWB was running it 5T. Riiiiight, we get it, just as the tea baggers had no problem with spending while their turds were in office, now it's an, er, uh, non-partisan cleaning of the gubbment. At least make your guy's BS sound reasonable as you spoon feed us.

Don't be naive, these guys were happy as pigs in shit when their turd, namely Reagan and GWB were running the debt and are primarily accountable for most of the debt, yet Obama and the Dems inherit this crap and now it's time to start blaming.

This so-called grass-roots tea bagger BS is nothing more than partisan idiocy.

as will be the patten this nov. those who voted for bigger gov and more gov controls and money have a better than average chance of being voted out as they are looked at as not upholding the constitution

Bye bye and happy trails
Soon to be joined by many

and I would think you would be disapointed considering his voting record

twist away Lucky
that twisting covers your squirming:D

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

as will be the patten this nov. those who voted for bigger gov and more gov controls and money have a better than average chance of being voted out as they are looked at as not upholding the constitution

Bye bye and happy trails

twist away Lucky

I'm in the majority, I'm finally happy after all these years, why would I squirm? You need to get a win before you brag, your side is still in denial, hence I see them continuing to slide.

And to AZ I say: Thank you, keep motivating the youth and minority vote; the same thing that ended up so nicely in Nov 08.

You are way off the mark. It's not more conservatism, his views on abortion, or that he is not far enough to the right. It's that he voted for the bail out. He followed bush (yes, we can blame him for this one) right off a cliff and now he is paying the price.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Bye bye and happy trails

twist away Lucky

I'm in the majority, I'm finally happy after all these years, why would I squirm? You need to get a win before you brag, your side is still in denial, hence I see them continuing to slide.

And to AZ I say: Thank you, keep motivating the youth and minority vote; the same thing that ended up so nicely in Nov 08.

You just keep thinking your in the majority
Keeps you happy

As for AZ YOU are in the minority as you are with Bennett
Keep telling yourself the shit that blinds you but I expect no less from the oh most informed one you think yourself to be

:)
Abraham Lincoln

Second place is just the first loser.

It's Lucky and his kind that just don't mind being second or below. Actually they encourage it. They are the installers of mediocrity.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Second place is just the first loser.

It's Lucky and his kind that just don't mind being second or below. Actually they encourage it. They are the installers of mediocrity.

As long as it feels good to him

and now

The EU and and IMF is now asking Greece to privatize thier health care because what they and all of the EU has is not sustainable. And that is what we are headed to here for christs sake:S

Bennett is gone because he supports these kind of programs (as you know) and he is gone because of that. Lucky needs to spin it otherwise to make it look like bad republicans

We all need to wake up and realize it is bad politicians and bad big gov that has extened itself beyond the constitutional limits set on it

That is why Bennett is gone

The firest of many I hope
Abraham Lincoln

Having said that, I have met some of these "wealthy" folks that stay off the radar and push agendas from behind the scenes. The ones that I've met do not have that "sinister" element per se.

I mostly agree with you and Andy on this topic, but with regard to the quoted bit...you ever see the interviews with neighbors when a murderer is arrested?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

He was my Congressman and he lost by double digits. Not a surprise since he funneled plenty of federal money to local companies who then reciprocated with large campaign donations. It's common knowledge here. Of course, his health care yes vote didn't help either.

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only