rhys

Did 'hit girl' drop the 'c' bomb n US theaters?

I just watched 'Kick Ass', Hit girl was awesome, when she showed up on the scene she dropped the 'C bomb' and the theater erupted in laughter and cheer, I'm sure in certain places in america that would not be the case.

I'm interested to see if that was allowed in america?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Cunt Cunt Cunt. That is used all the time. No big deal here in America.

Well she could have said: Box, Pussy, Dick Ditch, Love Canal, Vagina....I got more. ;)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

ha, I have been hung by my scrotum for saying cunt by americans on this site.

Has anybody seen 'Kick ass' in the theater in the US in here?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

yeah, she said it. That was about the time some old lady behind me said "this isn't what I thought it was" and left. haha, what a great movie.

Edit: And yeah, I guess cunt in America generally is very derogative towards women. Much more than bitch or anything. If you call a woman a cunt, everyone is kind of shocked.

If you call another guy a cunt, it just makes you sound crude.

ha, I have been hung by my scrotum for saying cunt by americans on this site.

Has anybody seen 'Kick ass' in the theater in the US in here?

No, you've been hung by your scrotum for calling people "cunt" on this site.

If I were to call someone cunt or motherfucker (or thief) on here, I'd be warned or banned by the mods.

Using it in a movie is totally different. We don't have "mods" (censors) for that sort of thing (well, we have the ratings system, but they just say how old you should be to see the thing) Some of the "Family Values" idiots may call for a boycott of it or some such drivel, but that's about it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I just watched 'Kick Ass', Hit girl was awesome, when she showed up on the scene she dropped the 'C bomb' and the theater erupted in laughter and cheer, I'm sure in certain places in america that would not be the case.

I'm interested to see if that was allowed in america?

If it ever gets to broadcast TV it won't be allowed.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If I were to call someone cunt or motherfucker (or thief) on here, I'd be warned or banned by the mods.

Irrelevant factoid - In a 1969 Dick Cavett Show, Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane) became the first person to say "motherfucker" on live television.

Jus' sayin'.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

We don't have "mods" (censors) for that sort of thing

Sure you do, if you want anything on broadcast tv or radio, you are pretty heavily censored.

Don't kid yourself

Very true.

But this was an "R" rated movie in a theater.

Very big difference.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I took my 14 year old daughter (who is probably more mature than I am) and the ticket girl started off by telling me it was rated-R and was filled with all kinds of foul language and scenes not really suitable for those under 17. My response: "yeah, that's why we came to see it"... Guess I am up for a bad parent of the year award....

Great movie by the way.

Pretty big whoopdeedo over it being said by an 11-year-old actor too, which I personally find hilarious.

So the kid says "cunts" and that's "bad," but practically nobody says anything about the body count responsible just seconds later. They're perfectly fine with her slicing up six (eight) bodies and having having a great time doing that, but let her say "cunts" just prior and you'd think the world had ended.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Pretty big whoopdeedo over it being said by an 11-year-old actor too, which I personally find hilarious.

So the kid says "cunts" and that's "bad," but practically nobody says anything about the body count responsible just seconds later. They're perfectly fine with her slicing up six (eight) bodies and having having a great time doing that, but let her say "cunts" just prior and you'd think the world had ended.

I guess you didn't read Roger Ebert's review... though I don't blame you. His reviews suck.

I guess you didn't read Roger Ebert's review... though I don't blame you. His reviews suck.

I hardly ever read anybody's reviews. Even the best intentioned ones usually give away some important detail I'd rather not know about until it's revealed to me on the screen.

I feel like the "spoiler" in this thread is busted by the thread title itself, so I have no qualms about discussing it, but normally I'd be pretty pissed. It's a great moment in the film and if I had known about it going in, it wouldn't have nearly the same impact.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

yeah, she said it. That was about the time some old lady behind me said "this isn't what I thought it was" and left. haha, what a great movie.

Edit: And yeah, I guess cunt in America generally is very derogative towards women. Much more than bitch or anything. If you call a woman a cunt, everyone is kind of shocked.

If you call another guy a cunt, it just makes you sound crude.

And if Skinnyshrek (RIP) said "cunt", everybody just laughed and shook their heads. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It was quite obvious that the actress' voice ws dubbed for that part, you hit the nail on the head. Calling evil people cunts is perfecty acceptable in my books. But slaughtering them is not.

As far as I am concerned it is not an offensive word to say (if you are saying it in truth) it is however offensive to be called a cunt. This is because you have either been caught doing something wrong or have been falsly accused of doing so, nobody likes either of those situations. There are exceptions to that rule (eg. Good cunt) also but If you are a cunt then everybody has the right to call you it, even an 11 year old girl.

I am asssuming she did say cunt when you lot saw it, though that has not been confirmed, I am more interested on what she would have said in theaters in Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama... you know 'Jesus land' where every body knows whats best for everyone else. I also want to know what word they replaced it with when she actually acted the scene. Is that what the played in the bible belt?

No, you've been hung by your scrotum for calling people "cunt" on this site.

I called a group of people cunts for being blatantly racist.

Here read on form post #5 read on from post 5.

That was an appropriate use of the word, and not a personal attack.

If I had have said 'you are a cunt' then that would be wrong because it is against the forum rules and maybe i don't have any reason to call you that.

Just clarifying for you!

I am more interested on what she would have said in theaters in Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas, Alabama...

In Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Alabama they would remove the audio "cunt" and replace it with "Walmart".

;)
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."