Skyrad

He had it coming..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100415/video/vwl-video-of-cops-beating-student-shocks-89eb865.html

People bitching about this guy being disciplined, but lets face it we're not seeing the whole picture here. You don't know what happend just before the incedent or what was happening out of shot, up the road or if a big gang of fans had just beaten a police office half to death moments ago. This is typical of libral bleeding hearts who hate America. I say lets stand by the hero cops who have to deal with this sort of scumbag daily and have t make split second decisions which may end their lives if wrong. He had it coming.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I've never been a big believer in these types of video for the simple reason that you don't get the whole picture (no pun intended). You have no clue what this guy might have done 45 seconds before the video starts. I can't see it at work but I'll bet they didn't just pick him out randomly and kick his ass.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100415/video/vwl-video-of-cops-beating-student-shocks-89eb865.html

People bitching about this guy being disciplined, but lets face it we're not seeing the whole picture here. You don't know what happend just before the incedent or what was happening out of shot, up the road or if a big gang of fans had just beaten a police office half to death moments ago. This is typical of libral bleeding hearts who hate America. I say lets stand by the hero cops who have to deal with this sort of scumbag daily and have t make split second decisions which may end their lives if wrong. He had it coming.

I am curious to learn further details regarding the whole situation, and what led up to this point.

There is no question that the force used on the student was absolutely uncalled for, and should not be tolerated by any means. The student posed no immediate threat to a large group of fully armored and armed policemen. (Unless skipping is a threat)

The police reported that he struck the horse (clearly did not happen) causing injuries, and assaulted officers during this exchange (also, did not happen). The fact that they are lying about this is enough for me to venture a guess that they know that they messed up big time.
Less talking, more flying.

I've never been a big believer in these types of video for the simple reason that you don't get the whole picture (no pun intended). You have no clue what this guy might have done 45 seconds before the video starts.

It doesn't matter.

Police are generally required to use an escalation of force - strong language, martial arts pain compliance moves with their hands, pepper spray, etc.

For instance, the San Jose Police Department Duty Manual, L1501.5 states

The general escalation of force to effect an arrest, prevent an escape, or overcome resistance is as follows: Voice; Hands; Chemical agent; Taser, electronic restrainin device (ERD) electronic restraint transportation belt (ERTB), if available; Baton, canines, Yawara stick, if available; Carotid restraint; Less lethal projectiles, if available; Deadly force.

That's not evident in the video.

I can't see it at work but I'll bet they didn't just pick him out randomly and kick his ass.

He could have insulted their mothers, although as a trial juror I learned that words (no matter how inflammatory) don't legally justify physical violence.

I think that Skyrad is taking the piss (my take)

Do you know Skyrad's posting history? I don't think he's taking the piss ...

I do but I'm often wrong... so only 'J' can tell us... He doesn't seem the sort to me who would support apparent cop brutality.....Taking the piss is a common Brit thing

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Maybe Jamile wants to be an American, so instead of taking the piss he's busting our balls.

Anyhow, I think the kid probably posted a cartoon that offended a major religion.

Hero??

My ass...
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

The whole story is a sobering reminder that the word of the police can carry tremendous, injurious weight against that of an average person, unless there is overwhelming proof to refute it.

Until the video came out, those students who complained of police brutality were ignored, even as the student newspaper reported on several of the incidents.

"Since the chaos of March 4, students have told anyone who would listen about how police mistreated them and threatened them with further punishment if they told anyone their stories," the Diamondback editors wrote in a staff editorial this week. "Hundreds of other students saw the violence, and most condemned it. But no one listened."

In fact, as editors point out, the unedited video was on YouTube -- and on the campus newspaper's website -- for a full month before it caught the attention of anyone willing to take it seriously.

http://www.alternet.org/rights/146490/%22i_didn%27t_do_anything%2C_and_i_got_my_ass_kicked%22_--_the_unfolding_police_scandal_over_videotaped_md._student_beating
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

....People bitching about this guy being disciplined, but lets face it we're not seeing the whole picture here. You don't know what happend just before the incedent or what was happening out of shot, up the road or if a big gang of fans had just beaten a police office half to death moments ago.

Bullshit with a capital B.
Doesn't matter WHAT happened before. The kid was not resisting in any way, shape or form. There is NO excuse for beating him like that. None. Zilch.

Maybe one of these days YOU will be on the receiving end and will change your tune.

I say lets stand by the hero cops.....

Hero? Hero??? You have a sick sense of what constitutes "hero".

....who have to deal with this sort of scumbag daily...

And if you can't deal with it, knowing what it is going in, then take a different job.

...and have t make split second decisions which may end their lives if wrong.

Apparently, your split-second decision process for every situation is "wail the fuck out of them first and ask questions later."

He had it coming.

Wrong. Wrong.Wrong.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

For instance, the San Jose Police Department Duty Manual, L1501.5 states

The general escalation of force to effect an arrest, prevent an escape, or overcome resistance is as follows: Voice; Hands; Chemical agent; Taser, electronic restrainin device (ERD) electronic restraint transportation belt (ERTB), if available; Baton, canines, Yawara stick, if available; Carotid restraint; Less lethal projectiles, if available; Deadly force.

That's not evident in the video.

Yea, but nothing says "Lie down" like a night stick to the base of the cerebellumB|
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It is precisely because we don't know what was going on moments prior, out of shot, that we shouldn't assume - anything - including that the cops are hero's...
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Hero??

My ass...

this morning, one of the news/feature shows intro'd a clip by calling some guy a 'hero' - he gave someone the Heimlich manuver. Last week, some kid was called a "hero" on a news station for dialing 911. You frequently here people being called 'hero' because they are a parent or a teacher or just go to work regularly - it's utter bullshit

the term "hero" has ZERO meaning today

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hero??

My ass...

this morning, one of the news/feature shows intro'd a clip by calling some guy a 'hero' - he gave someone the Heimlich manuver. Last week, some kid was called a "hero" on a news station for dialing 911. You frequently here people being called 'hero' because they are a parent or a teacher or just go to work regularly - it's utter bullshit

the term "hero" has ZERO meaning today

You are my hero!

Finally got a chance to watch the vid...both actually. I think I know what happened. Little Johnny was skipping down the sidwalk when he was approached by 3 law enforcement officers, one on horseback. The officers were trying to clear the area where Johnny wanted to go . The officers told Johnny he wasn't allowed back there and Johnny politely replied "Fuck you cop." The officers proceeded to explain to Johnny why he shouldn't use that language in public.

Is it wrong? Absolutely. But I challenge any of us to deal with that type of situation on a daily basis and not crack some twatwad in the head when he tells you that you should 'suck his dick' or something like that. Not saying it's right or OK, but I can see it from both sides.

BTW...I don't think it caused 'shock across America' because other than here I hadn't heard anything about this.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I do but I'm often wrong... so only 'J' can tell us... He doesn't seem the sort to me who would support apparent cop brutality.....Taking the piss is a common Brit thing

.... "so only 'J' can tell us"

What? Only JohnRich can tell us? :o:o

dudeist skydiver # 3105