Rstanley0312

More taxes coming

Of course they will have to raise taxes; institute a trillion dollar social program while the economy is down and the money has to come from somewhere. The line that sums it up best is the analogy of the alcoholic. Our government will never raise enough taxes to voluntarily stop asking for more because they appear to be convinced one more drink won't hurt that much. The problems we have are process and priority - not shortages.

Ask a school district official how much they need and it will always be more than they get. Don't care how much they get, don't care how much my property taxes go up each year; the answer is always at least a little more.

They are drunk on tax and spend authority. If this gains traction and gets to the point of serious consideration of mechanics and logistics; watch for all the drunks to line up to explain their reasons for exempting their particular pet products, people, programs, etc.

"My name is Senator X, and I have a problem; but here is why my special need should be left alone."
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Of course they will have to raise taxes; institute a trillion dollar social program while the economy is down and the money has to come from somewhere. The line that sums it up best is the analogy of the alcoholic. Our government will never raise enough taxes to voluntarily stop asking for more because they appear to be convinced one more drink won't hurt that much. The problems we have are process and priority - not shortages.

Ask a school district official how much they need and it will always be more than they get. Don't care how much they get, don't care how much my property taxes go up each year; the answer is always at least a little more.

They are drunk on tax and spend authority. If this gains traction and gets to the point of serious consideration of mechanics and logistics; watch for all the drunks to line up to explain their reasons for exempting their particular pet products, people, programs, etc.

"My name is Senator X, and I have a problem; but here is why my special need should be left alone."

I love the end of the article when it states by 2019 it will raise 3 trillion or something like that then goes to say that basically that won't even put a dent in what we are spending..... it's a black hole.

I don't now if anyone in DC can just put the drink down and say enough is enough. :S
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I take it u are a t totaleer or at tea bagger or something like that
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Or just someone that sees this whole cycle cannot end well. [:/]
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

After 30 years of TAX CUTS and VOO DOO DOO economics... SOMEONE has to pay all the bills that have been wrung up in the name of mollifying dumbasses who do the same thing with their personal finances...

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY MY ASS >:(>:(>:(>:(

After 30 years of TAX CUTS and VOO DOO DOO economics... SOMEONE has to pay all the bills that have been wrung up in the name of mollifying dumbasses who do the same thing with their personal finances...

Too bad this admin. is not they are just throwing more debt on it.

Too bad this admin. is not they are just throwing more debt on it.

After seeing how the last 3 rePUBLIClown administrations have run it up.... I am willing to see something different. All of you expecting miracles overnight and thinking someone else was going to pay for you are what got us to where we are now.

I think you need to examine how much American tax revenue is spent pouring people and materiel into, and American blood onto the sands of, Iraq and Afghanistan. How much is being spent on the latest fighter jets; how much on the latest aircraft carriers; how much on defense contractors; how much on maintaining an actual or de facto military presence virtually everywhere around the globe.

Or... How much on providing the lion's share of the security umbrella for Canada and Western Europe and South Korea and Japan, so that they, not proportionally reciprocating, can provide universal health coverage to their citizens, while self-employed and under-employed and unemployed Americans who don't have employer-based health isurance can either go to the emergency room or go fuck themselves.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that as pouring drinks endlessly down the alcoholic's gullet is naive.

Let's say the US pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq entirely and reduced its military budget by a modest 30%. Know how much universal health coverage that would pay for Americans without raising a single extra tax dollar? Do you really think that the result of doing that is that suddenly Americans will have to worry about the invading hordes wanting to rape our daughters and steal our American way of life?

You want to cut off the REAL alcoholic without raising taxes? This is how to do it.

GWB spent like an out of control kid in a candy store. But Obama is making GWB look like a fiscal conservative with all of his spending. But out of control governments extend beyond just Federal politics. Most people ignore municipal governments, but it is these very clowns who often give us our largest tax increases. I could go on and sight many examples where municipal governments create new programs disguised as one thing, but in reality are nothing more than tax grabs. But the list would be too lengthy and there are just not enough hours in the day to comb through all the corruption.

It sure would be nice if governments (Federal, State/Provincial as well as Municipal) made an attempt to control their spending. Yes taxes are a reality in modern life, but there is only so much that these three levels of governments can do before they tax the living hell out of everyone. Spend, spend, spend, tax, tax, tax ... that is all these three levels of governments do. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I think you need to examine how much American tax revenue is spent pouring people and materiel into, and American blood onto the sands of, Iraq and Afghanistan. How much is being spent on the latest fighter jets; how much on the latest aircraft carriers; how much on defense contractors; how much on maintaining an actual or de facto military presence virtually everywhere around the globe.

Or... How much on providing the lion's share of the security umbrella for Canada and Western Europe and South Korea and Japan, so that they, not proportionally reciprocating, can provide universal health coverage to their citizens, while self-employed and under-employed and unemployed Americans who don't have employer-based health isurance can either go to the emergency room or go fuck themselves.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that as pouring drinks endlessly down the alcoholic's gullet is naive.

Let's say the US pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq entirely and reduced its military budget by a modest 30%. Know how much universal health coverage that would pay for Americans without raising a single extra tax dollar? Do you really think that the result of doing that is that suddenly Americans will have to worry about the invading hordes wanting to rape our daughters and steal our American way of life?

You want to cut off the REAL alcoholic without raising taxes? This is how to do it.

Andy... Amazon....

We are not talking about what the war does to raise debt nor are we discussing what Bush did.... if you want my opinion ... I hated what Bush did and yes he was not very good when it came to money, national debt, or spending...... all that I am saying is that I was against it and still am. The current administration is spending way more than Bush did.... once again I am not saying one is better I am saying Bush was wrong and so is Obama.... they both need a reality check.

I don't expect anyhting to change overnight just that people and the govt. would wake up and realize that it is really simple.... you CANNOT spend yourself out of debt! What is so hard about understanding that? If we continue to spend the way we are then taxes are going to be insane and I for one am against that.

After seeing how the last 3 rePUBLIClown administrations have run it up.... I am willing to see something different. All of you expecting miracles overnight and thinking someone else was going to pay for you are what got us to where we are now.

Your rant about "they did it, so we can do it too" is getting tired Jeanne. Show me where your beloved leader is changing the status quo, where he's doing things differently than the republicans you so love to hate.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Your rant about "they did it, so we can do it too" is getting tired Jeanne. Show me where your beloved leader is changing the status quo, where he's doing things differently than the republicans you so love to hate.

Uh you missed the part that I think raising taxes is the right thing to do I guess. SOMEONE is going to have to pay the bill for all the GOAT FUCK STUPID that has gone on since 1980.

I guess YOU and your fellow travellers who supported all that GOAT FUCK STUPID expect to be immune to that????

Uh you missed the part that I think raising taxes is the right thing to do I guess. SOMEONE is going to have to pay the bill for all the GOAT FUCK STUPID that has gone on since 1980.

I guess YOU and your fellow travellers who supported all that GOAT FUCK STUPID expect to be immune to that????

Ok... you support raising taxes to pay for what Bush did.... do you support continually raising taxes bc Obama is spending even more than Bush?

Try and address the post without blaming Bush or even without a reference to Bush if that is possible.......

Do you support the spending Obama is doing? If you thought Bush's spending was so bad how is it that you can support someone spending even more?

well said and agreed.

Ok... you support raising taxes to pay for what Bush did.... do you support continually raising taxes bc Obama is spending even more than Bush?

Try and address the post without blaming Bush or even without a reference to Bush if that is possible.......

Do you support the spending Obama is doing? If you thought Bush's spending was so bad how is it that you can support someone spending even more?

Do you have a viable alternative??????

Nope didnt think so.. obviously tax cuts and supply side economics didnt work.

You think tax cuts and supply side economics caused the last recession?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Yes.... stop spending the F'ing money!!! It is that simple! We cannot afford it. We need to be cutting govt. spending NOT INCREASING IT! Why is this hard for you to understand? I know you have a hard time saying your boy Obama is doing something wrong but for the love of God it is simple finance. Bush sucked at it now Obama sucks worse at it.

OK so we will put you in the

"crush the fucking economy because I think all social programs should be cut and let the psuedo-capitalist market decide on everything else except inflated military industrial complex and Military spending because supply side economics fixes everything" catagory.

Thank you for playing.

Yes.... stop spending the F'ing money!!! It is that simple! We cannot afford it. We need to be cutting govt. spending NOT INCREASING IT! Why is this hard for you to understand? I know you have a hard time saying your boy Obama is doing something wrong but for the love of God it is simple finance. Bush sucked at it now Obama sucks worse at it.

here's a good place to start...

The budget for the 2011 fiscal year, which has to be voted by Congress by this Oct. 1, looks to be about $3 trillion, not counting the funds collected for Social Security (since the Vietnam War, the government has included the Social Security Trust Fund in the budget as a way to make the cost of America's imperial military adventures seem smaller in comparison to the total cost of government). Meanwhile, the military share of the budget works out to about $1.6 trillion.

That figure includes the Pentagon budget request of $708 billion, plus an estimated $200 billion in supplemental funding, called "overseas contingency funding" in euphemistic White House-speak), to fund the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, some $40 billion or more in "black box" intelligence agency funding, $94 billion in non-DOD military spending, $100 billion in veterans benefits and health care spending, and $400 billion in interest on debt raised to pay for prior wars and the standing military.

The 2011 military budget, by the way, is the largest in history, not just in actual dollars, but in inflation adjusted dollars, exceeding even the spending in World War II, when the nation was on an all-out military footing.

Military spending in all its myriad forms works out to represent 53.3% of total US federal spending.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/04/13-4
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

kallend says there are no programs that can be cut or eliminated[:/]

So, we have to raise taxes
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Let's say the US pulled out of Afghanistan and Iraq entirely and reduced its military budget by a modest 30%. Know how much universal health coverage that would pay for Americans without raising a single extra tax dollar?

Uh... none. Which is not to say that a 30% reduction in defense spending isn't a good idea, and we could probably stand to cut even further, but the federal budget deficit is larger than the entire defense budget. That's projected to be true through 2015^ even with Bush's tax cuts expiring.

In 2009 (admittedly an anomalous year, but still food for thought) you could have cut all discretionary spending whatsoever and the deficit still would have been over $40B. No DoD, no DOE (either of them), no NSF, no NASA, no NOAA, no DOT, no EPA, no FDA, no FEMA, no DHS, no Federal prisons, no FBI, no NIH, no FAA... and there would have still been a deficit.

Do you really think that the result of doing that is that suddenly Americans will have to worry about the invading hordes wanting to rape our daughters and steal our American way of life?

Of course not, but that's never been my argument.

OK so we will put you in the

"crush the fucking economy because I think all social programs should be cut and let the psuedo-capitalist market decide on everything else except inflated military industrial complex and Military spending because supply side economics fixes everything" catagory.

Thank you for playing.

Thank you for playing? You said nothing of value! You simply made some assumptions and decided to catagorize me with little to no knowledge of my views. How about you actually address what I wrote? You never seem to be able to ever do that... you just insult, assume, and then push your own canned agenda. Useless......

Let me put it to you this way..... just like a family that is struggling with money... sometimes things like cable and a cell phone need to be trimmed. Or maybe that new flat screen or car they wanted to buy... nope shouldn't do it. If only the govt. could see that is how a budget should operate but they cannot bc every guy in DC has an agenda to push and they all want more and more to go towards their projects. Why don't we cut down to the basics? It may be tough for a bit but I'm sure America will make it through. I have a lot more confidence we will make it through that then the road we are currently on which is spending ourselves in to oblivion.

Real basic.... if you cannot afford it don't spend the money. Do you understand?