funjumper101

Thank God for Republican Mine Operators

when one is spoon fed tripe day after day after day, they are bound to regurgitate it on occasion - sometimes on recreational internet forums even

this happens to those that don't know how to digest their information properly

it leaves them cranky

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

when one is spoon fed tripe day after day after day, they are bound to regurgitate it on occasion - sometimes on recreational internet forums even

this happens to those that don't know how to digest their information properly

it leaves them cranky

That's a real nice mirror you are staring at.

I could not have described the right wing conservative way of being any better. BRAVO

Come you right wing conservatives, stand up and take responsibility for the outcome of the policies you support.

Less government regulation is a good thing, according to your objectives.

The successful outcome of that policy is lack of oversight, leading to catastrophic events. Completely predictable.

Aren't you all proud of this acheivment? You all got what you supposedly want - less governmet intervention in business operations. So what if people die now and then. At least the government isn't interfering in business operations by "over regulating".

Come you right wing conservatives, stand up and take responsibility for the outcome of the policies you support.

Less government regulation is a good thing, according to your objectives.

The successful outcome of that policy is lack of oversight, leading to catastrophic events. Completely predictable.

Aren't you all proud of this acheivment? You all got what you supposedly want - less governmet intervention in business operations. So what if people die now and then. At least the government isn't interfering in business operations by "over regulating".

Government oversight is not necessarily a sure way to make the mines safer, i.e. China.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Government oversight is not necessarily a sure way to make the mines safer, i.e. China.

So you are in favor of the USA descending to the standards that the Chinese government operates under? That is pathetic, even by right wing standards. Maybe we can model our criminal justice system after theirs as well.

We are going to end up following their lead anyway as the right wing has managed to make the USA very weak economically and politically. We don't pay as we go for our government, so we borrow money instead of raising taxes. We borrowed the money for the Iraq invasion and occupation. We sent them the majority of our manufacturing capablity due to tax policies implemented by the Rescums to enrich the trans-national corporations that run the USA these days. I am sure that you are very happy with this achievement.

So you are in favor of the USA descending to the standards that the Chinese government operates under? That is pathetic, even by right wing standards

He never said such a thing, so why are you calling him pathetic?

We don't pay as we go for our government, so we borrow money instead of raising taxes.

Here we have yet another tax happy person. Governments should be looking to reduce their spending (yes this includes the military) instead of looking for new tax revenue sources. B|

By the way, they (politicians) all suck. Too bad you carry so much hatred in your head (as seen by many of your posts) towards those on the right for you to recognize this.

"None of the Above" should be the next Prez. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

So you are in favor of the USA descending to the standards that the Chinese government operates under? That is pathetic, even by right wing standards.

Where did I ever suggest such a thing??? Jesus H Christ, buddy, open your fucking eyes and actually FUCKING READ THE POST before slamming someone. THAT is what's pathetic. >:(

Have a nice day. :)
HAMMER:

I am sure that you are very happy with this achievement.

I think there's meds you can take for that.

I think he's already on meds...lots of 'em.
That's the only reasonable explanation for him going off on a tangent over the simple comment I made about China's mine safety.
HAMMER:

What would we do without them? They carry the same sympathy with mine safety as they do with HC and any other system where, as a lovely person calls it; pussies are.

Tell union laborers to stop demanding wages they dont' deserve for jobs that a high school dropout can do and maybe companies wouldn't be so deadset against the idea.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

What would we do without them? They carry the same sympathy with mine safety as they do with HC and any other system where, as a lovely person calls it; pussies are.

Tell union laborers to stop demanding wages they dont' deserve for jobs that a high school dropout can do and maybe companies wouldn't be so deadset against the idea.

UMW is one of the few unions I feel that earn every penny of what they get. The work is hard, the conditions can be miserable even when at their best, and the risks are different than another other job.
Most jobs in the mines today require either a good deal of technical knowledge or years of on the job training. Just because some may be high school dropouts doesn't mean they aren't highly skilled in a job most people could not handle day after day.
HAMMER:

When was the last time you were down a coal mine at the coal face?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Massey's are non union operations.
Remster

Government oversight is not necessarily a sure way to make the mines safer

Then what alternative do you propose?

Didn't say we needed an alternative. Only said that government oversight is not necessarily the best or the most effective. That is not the same as saying it can't be.
HAMMER:

Didn't say we needed an alternative. Only said that government oversight is not necessarily the best or the most effective. That is not the same as saying it can't be.

Then what do you think might conceivably be better or more effective?

First thing that comes to mind would be a committee made up of miners who actually work in the mines and not behind desks. The committee would have equal power to any government board.
HAMMER:

There are many amazingly talented people who, for one reason or another, don't have a whole lot of education. I have a brother in law like that. He can fix anything mechanical. He does the most beautiful welding I have ever seen. He has way with small and large animals. So much so that people bring animals to him for rehab and training. He is very knowlegeable about trees and does tree work on the side. He catches fish when professional bass fishermen don't. He restores trucks and has won awards in local shows for his work. His spray paint work is incredible.

A lack of education does not always mean a lack of ability. I have plenty of experience working with nitwits with degrees that couldn't do anything useful, but got paid a lot of money.

Coal mining isn't something a total dumbass can do. The skill set may not mean much to you, but it sure means a lot to the other team members. They deserve every penny and more.

You should look up the history of unions and WHY they were and are needed. Do you hate the 40 hour workweek? Overtime? Paid vacation time? These are all benefits that came out of the organized labor movement. You can bitch all you want about unions. The reality is that you are FAR better off because of unionized labor.

Of course, if you are a right wing conservative, all unions are bad, have never done any good for anyone, and should be abolished so that they don't interfere with business operations. We can trust the management of the companies to treat their workers well, pay them fairly, and provide a safe workplace. Yeah, right...

So you are in favor of the USA descending to the standards that the Chinese government operates under? That is pathetic, even by right wing standards.

Where did I ever suggest such a thing??? Jesus H Christ, buddy, open your fucking eyes and actually FUCKING READ THE POST before slamming someone. THAT is what's pathetic. >:(

Have a nice day. :)

I interpret your post to mean that the USA should regulate mining like the chinese do. Write more clearly to prevent incorrect interpretations.

Your idea regarding mining regulation is what MSHA is supposed to be. Thanks to the political power of the coal industry, they are pretty much a toothless organization.

http://blog.aflcio.org/2010/03/31/after-8-years-of-bush-neglect-job-safety-gets-new-boost-from-obama-solis/

Even the Salt Lake City news gets it right.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14859900

Go ahead and be proud of yourselves for being against government regulation and enforcement. When 29 people get killed when your policies are implemented, why should you all NOT be called to account? When you support those policies, and politicians that implement them, you bear responsibility as well. Deal with it. If you don't like the outcome, don't support the policies or the politicians.

So you are in favor of the USA descending to the standards that the Chinese government operates under? That is pathetic, even by right wing standards

He never said such a thing, so why are you calling him pathetic?

We don't pay as we go for our government, so we borrow money instead of raising taxes.

Here we have yet another tax happy person. Governments should be looking to reduce their spending (yes this includes the military) instead of looking for new tax revenue sources. B|

By the way, they (politicians) all suck. Too bad you carry so much hatred in your head (as seen by many of your posts) towards those on the right for you to recognize this.

"None of the Above" should be the next Prez. :P

I support reverting back to the tax policies and rates of the mid 1960s. Those policies and rates worked to produce a level playing field, a very strong middle class, and prevented the obscene compensation that is a regular occurance nowadays.
Learning about history is a good way to gain perspective. Try it sometime.

First thing that comes to mind would be a committee made up of miners who actually work in the mines and not behind desks. The committee would have equal power to any government board.

And where would the power of that committee come from?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

And where would the power of that committee come from?

They could be backed by the UMW. As it is now the union is run by people who don't have to go into those mines.
HAMMER:

I posted "Government oversight is not necessarily a sure way to make the mines safer, i.e. China."

How could I possibly have made it any clearer that government oversight isn't always the best answer?
Maybe it was the "i.e. China" part. Perhaps if I had used the more technically correct "e.g. China" you would have understood.
But I doubt it.
HAMMER: