rhys

Well done america, what a great role model you are...

America is the terror, and america supports the terror.

Stop killing children for fucks sake!

The true agenda of this post rears it's ugly head.

No one here wants to kill children, nor did the two pilots. The only people I know of who openly stated (and have intentionally) wanted to kill children are our enemies, radical islamic terrorists.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

No one here wants to kill children, nor did the two pilots. The only people I know of who openly stated (and have intentionally) wanted to kill children are our enemies, radical islamic terrorists.

When you indescriminately kill civilians, you end up killing children.

Children are not the only people that deserve to live, but they are people we can all agree deserve to live regardless of creed or race (most of us will agree anyway).

When a child gets caught up in this brutal epsode, it sheds light on how appaling this situation really is.

America seems to have larned to live with the fact that this is an endless situaton and it will continue as long as the american people allow it to. More innocent people will die, more enimies will be created and more terror for all parties will continue.

Only the military contractors will gain.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Ever consider not posting in SC...

should anyone ask your permission prior to posting here ? [:/]

To get back to the original post...
I am not defending anyone here, but the title is WRONG and Misleading. I am not pro- or anti-american, on the contrary. But it is not acceptable to judge a COUNTRY by the acts of a handful of its representatives.

DUDE if I had to judge Australia or New Zealand by such an outstanding example........

Good thing I met Squeakipoo he does a great job of balancing out the lunacy with a great dose oif sanity from down under.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

"This is what happens in war and America needs to take note that this is what we unleash. This is especially a war in which we absolutely cannot just barrel through with guns blazing. We as a voting country decided that Iraq would be better off with our military intervention. If we're going to make that type of call then we need to be the one taking the risk that a given group is actually carrying cameras, wood, or tent poles and NOT open fire. This is a unique situation. It's not WWII."

Right on the money. +1

Military Raises Questions About Credibility of Leaked Iraq Shooting Video...

..."It gives you a limited perspective," said Capt. Jack Hanzlik, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command. "The video only tells you a portion of the activity that was happening that day. Just from watching that video, people cannot understand the complex battles that occurred. You are seeing only a very narrow picture of the events."...

Damage control.

Your forte.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Military Raises Questions About Credibility of Leaked Iraq Shooting Video...

..."It gives you a limited perspective," said Capt. Jack Hanzlik, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command. "The video only tells you a portion of the activity that was happening that day. Just from watching that video, people cannot understand the complex battles that occurred. You are seeing only a very narrow picture of the events."...

Damage control.

Your forte.

Agenda

yours
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Oh noes look at those AK-47's with 7.62mm rounds, they will surely take down an Apache equipped with Hellfire, Hydra and 30mm machine gun, not to mention titanium armor designed to survive 37mm projectiles, specially from that distance showed on the video..

Come on, you can even evade a fucking RPG, it's not like a fucking guided missile comin down your ass..

We all know that most american soldiers are simply trigger happy friendly firing redneck morons out there fighting not for the so declared "freedom" but for the sake of fighting, cause it's simply fucking fun to blast away (just like shown on that video from the pilots emotions)..

Off course, fellow americans will NEVER admit this and continue to go on blabbing their "freedom fighting" propaganda to justify their redneck lust for killing..

"These retards are actually trusted with guns and bombs and which has resulted in an American invention known as "friendly fire". This event only occurs when they're around and basically consists of a fucktard shooting someone on their own side and going "sorry you had a gun and I just freaked out". Americans only have the balls to attack others when they are armed to the teeth and travel in numbers. When captured alone, they are not like Rambo, but simply get beheaded on youtube."

America also enjoys firing at British troops, and bombing British tanks. This has gone back as far as the Second World War, as shown in a British wartime joke; "When the Germans shoot, the British duck. When the British shoot, the Germans duck. When the Americans shoot, EVERYONE ducks!"

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/USA (read under the military section, satirical yet so true, laughed my ass off reading this shit).

Peace.
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

[\(read under the military section, satirical yet so true, laughed my ass off reading this shit).

Peace.

Encyclopedia dramatica?

Did you live under power lines as a kid?

No, he knows all this because he plays COD all the time.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

When a child gets caught up in this brutal epsode, it sheds light on how appaling this situation really is.

My point exactly, our enemies have no problem intentionally targeting women, children or ANYONE that does not agree with them. The American military puts itself at much greater risk by merely using ROE's. If these pilots were the beasts you make them out to be, they would have just rolled in and killed everyone, they certainly had the means to do so. Instead they followed the ROE's.

An Apache gunship is not a quite machine, there had been ground combat in the immediate area the same day. If the journalists were in the area of a gunship, with armed individuals (AK's AND RPG's) then they were legitimate targets as presented to the pilots.
The comments of the pilots were in poor taste however, they are attack helicopter pilots, their job is to attack and destroy targets. There is not a "nice" way to do that. Given the information at the time, they were doing the job they were trained to do. The decisions made have consequences, the crew will have to live with that, as posted in an earlier reply.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

We as a voting country decided that Iraq would be better off with our military intervention.

Really? My ballot must have been lost in the mail. The only vote was the one in Congress that authorized the president to use force because we were under the imminent threat of attack from WMDs. We fucked that up and have continued to thoroughly and completely fuck up for the following seven years with no real end in sight, although we continually say we are leaving.
Point is: if it were really a vote of the American people, I think we would be gone yesterday.

My point exactly, our enemies have no problem intentionally targeting women, children or ANYONE that does not agree with them. The American military puts itself at much greater risk by merely using ROE's. If these pilots were the beasts you make them out to be, they would have just rolled in and killed everyone, they certainly had the means to do so. Instead they followed the ROE's.

An Apache gunship is not a quite machine, there had been ground combat in the immediate area the same day. If the journalists were in the area of a gunship, with armed individuals (AK's AND RPG's) then they were legitimate targets as presented to the pilots.
The comments of the pilots were in poor taste however, they are attack helicopter pilots, their job is to attack and destroy targets. There is not a "nice" way to do that. Given the information at the time, they were doing the job they were trained to do. The decisions made have consequences, the crew will have to live with that, as posted in an earlier reply.

The enemy also has no problem putting thier own children in harms way cause they know those like rhys will do what he is doing here. They use them like puppets
Abraham Lincoln

mike, truely, GOD BLESS AMERICA on that one!

it's their own damn fault they've brought kids to a battle, isnt it!?

what the fuck do iraquis do in iraq anyway!? the US is doing right in bombing their asses out of it, in the end, their oil is yours, isnt it!?

fucking iraquis should all be put into a concentration camp!

Yes, they do bring children into these situations on purpose. They use them to invoke emotional responses like yours and in some cases as a sheild because they know if possible, we will not fire on children

How does it feel to be so used?
Abraham Lincoln

Oh noes look at those AK-47's with 7.62mm rounds, they will surely take down an Apache equipped with Hellfire, Hydra and 30mm machine gun, not to mention titanium armor designed to survive 37mm projectiles, specially from that distance showed on the video..

The purpose of attacking the men carrying rifles and RPGs is not to defend the Apache, though those weapons CAN bring down an Apache and/or kill it's crew, but rather a preemptive strike against those who would undoubtedly use those weapons against ground troops.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

When you indescriminately kill civilians, you end up killing children.

Children are not the only people that deserve to live, but they are people we can all agree deserve to live regardless of creed or race (most of us will agree anyway).

America seems to have larned to live with the fact that this is an endless situaton and it will continue as long as the american people allow it to. More innocent people will die, more enimies will be created and more terror for all parties will continue.

Only the military contractors will gain.

Why don't you bitch and complain about all the suicide bombers who blast the fuck out of crowded markets and kill dozens at a time?
Oh, that's right....they are your heroes. :S
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

We as a voting country decided that Iraq would be better off with our military intervention.

Really? My ballot must have been lost in the mail. The only vote was the one in Congress that authorized the president to use force because we were under the imminent threat of attack from WMDs.

You know, I can't seem to find the words 'imminent threat' anywhere in the use of force authorization - I guess the words must have gotten lost with your ballot.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You know, I can't seem to find the words 'imminent threat' anywhere in the use of force authorization - I guess the words must have gotten lost with your ballot.

It's too bad those words are lost in your memory.
It is unfathomable to me how easily we have either conveniently forgotten or been redirected from the reason we attacked Iraq in the first place.
Go ahead and play semantics all day. It makes us look abhorrent.

Go ahead and play semantics all day.

Yes, because "my ballot must have gotten lost in the mail" *wasn't* playing semantics, right?

Please.

???
Somehow people think that as a "voting nation" it is the will of the constituents that we remain in Iraq. It is simply not true.

> I can't seem to find the words 'imminent threat' anywhere in the use of
>force authorization

The exact words were "continuing threat," Mr. Semantics.

Re-read his post, Moderator Semantics. It's quoted in my initial reply to him, as well.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ever consider not posting in SC...

That was a truely shite thing write>:(

She has as much right to post here as anyone else - even someone who with 'that' opinion.... Well done[:/]

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

>Re-read his post, Moderator Semantics.

I did; he was correct. You tried to use a semantic argument to claim that since the words "imminent" and "continuing" are not identical, that his post was meaningless - even though he did not claim the language was exactly the same. That's a semantic argument, one that is both meaningless and all too common here.

> It's quoted in my initial reply to him, as well.

Geez, you know, I re-read your post and there's not a single quotation mark in it; why are you lying about what you posted?

(See how easy and meaningless that is?)