bluesilver30

Do you have healthcare currently? What is your view on the bill?

Your poll has generated some interesting numbers

Indeed...36 for, 60 against. I would have thought in here it would have been the opposite.

I have healthcare; I support the bill 30 / 30%
I Don't have healthcare; I support the bill 9 / 9%
I have healthcare; I Don't support the bill 48 / 48%
I Don't have healthcare; I Don't support the bill 12 / 12%

I have healthcare and I would like to see it actually work and I supported the bill

I wonder if the 48% would change their minds if they had a fucking clue that using theirs and POOF they run into the issues I have had with mine.

And to the 12%.. nice roulette wheel you are riding.. and WHY the fuck do you think the rest of us should have to pay for your bad choices..... since this is a skydiving site.. and you stand a VERY good chance of getting to use the medical system.

Many will find out more shortly. and if you don't change your mind you will be in an even smaller minority
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Indeed...36 for, 60 against. I would have thought in here it would have been the opposite.

I have healthcare and I would like to see it actually work and I supported the bill

I wonder if the 48% would change their minds if they had a fucking clue that using theirs and POOF they run into the issues I have had with mine.

And to the 12%.. nice roulette wheel you are riding.. and WHY the fuck do you think the rest of us should have to pay for your bad choices..... since this is a skydiving site.. and you stand a VERY good chance of getting to use the medical system.

Many will find out more shortly. and if you don't change your mind you will be in an even smaller minority

I am not responsible for the STUPIDITY of the MORONS who have been scared by all the END OF THE WORLDERS out there expecially those who sat on their fat cat asses and did absofuckinglutely nothing about it for EVER and seek to make political points off of the POLLY WANNA CRACKER followers.:S:S:S

Things afre screwed up... and the only reason more people have not figured that out YET are they have not tried to use the HC they supposedly have YET.

I am not responsible for the STUPIDITY of the MORONS who have been scared by all the END OF THE WORLDERS out there expecially those who sat on their fat cat asses and did absofuckinglutely nothing about it for EVER and seek to make political points off of the POLLY WANNA CRACKER followers.:S:S:S

Things afre screwed up... and the only reason more people have not figured that out YET are they have not tried to use the HC they supposedly have YET.

So you are saying you will stay in the group?
Abraham Lincoln

After my last experience I dumped them.. I refuse to give the cocksuckers another red cent I went to a different company
...paid for out of my own pocket and told my company they should drop them for the whole group since they are a bunch of damn crooks

After my last experience I dumped them.. I refuse to give the cocksuckers another red cent I went to a different company
...paid for out of my own pocket and told my company they should drop them for the whole group since they are a bunch of damn crooks

I guess I'm confused then. This bill just made the dreaded insurance companies bigger and stronger by requiring alot of new folks to buy insurance. Why do you support that?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I too want to take care of people....which brings me to the "give a man a fish feeds him for a day; teach a man to fish feed him for life" principle. The reality is it takes more effort to teach the man to fish.

STUPID analogy.

Statement does not equal fact. Why is it stupid?

Explain how fishing equates to healthcare, and you may have a point.

Its about teaching someone to take care of themselves...

Hey, maybe you can teach the poor how to take out their own appendixes, cure cancer, and regenerate amputated limbs. Then they won't have to rely on anyone else for their healthcare.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I guess I'm confused then. This bill just made the dreaded insurance companies bigger and stronger by requiring alot of new folks to buy insurance. Why do you support that?

You have not been listening to what it DOES do have you.:S:S:S

The bill is a compromise.... I would prefer a public option and if the changes do not fix the current problems then there will be a lot of people pushing for that. If the companies cant get their act together and actually do what they say they will do when you pay them... the problem will be resolved for them.

Then again.. Before this even kicks in for all the things it will do.. I will be eligible for medicare...so I get the public option anyway.

I too want to take care of people....which brings me to the "give a man a fish feeds him for a day; teach a man to fish feed him for life" principle. The reality is it takes more effort to teach the man to fish.

STUPID analogy.

Hey, maybe you can teach the poor how to take out their own appendixes, cure cancer, and regenerate amputated limbs. Then they won't have to rely on anyone else for their healthcare.

I would bet he can teach
Can you?
Abraham Lincoln

I already replied to this claim of your's with my countering example. As you assert, it looks like that particular company was not a very good one. If you think they're all that way, there would be no point to changing providers.

I already replied to this claim of your's with my countering example. As you assert, it looks like that particular company was not a very good one. If you think they're all that way, there would be no point to changing providers.

Well with 2 out of the last 3 that pulled that crap..

United Non-Healthnon-care and Premera are waste of fucking time and money

I can only state that statistically I do not like being ripped off. I was with the same company for 6 years before than..and HAD a very cadillac plan with the company covering all of it.. BUT.. I never had to use it for anything other than an annual physical, mammograms and the usual blood tests and nothing else. The bills for those were always covered. The other two were part of compensation packages doing contract work where I had to pony up part of the money every month and the two lousy care companies when I got sick and when I got injured.

I have been paying for my own insurance since the latest contract I am working ALSO chose United Crooks Health.... I told them to go stick it I have my own and not United Crooks Health

STUPID analogy.

I would bet he can teach
Can you?

I've never tried to teach someone to remove their own appendix or regenerate an amputated limb. So lacking relevant data, I can't answer your question.

And that is because the insurance companies have no incentive to bargain costs down because they just pass them along, and the healthcare consumer is insulated from the cost. A single payer system is the way to fix that problem.

Why does a hospital charge $10 for an aspirin tablet? Because it can.

If there is anybody here who has ever sat on the other side of the table (negotiating reimbursement rates on behalf of a provider system), please chime in so Mr Kallend doesn't think I'm making this all up.

Is your experience that the insurers pay whatever the provider requests, and that they have no incentive to bargain?

Tell us why it is, if our insurers are SO effective in bargaining down costs, that we have the world's most expensive so-called "system".

Fabulous logic; reminds me of the Truthers.

We have the most expensive HC system in the world, therefore, insurers must not be bargaining.

Well, at least that is one step back from your BS claim that insurers do not bargain and simply pay what the providers bill.

Examine a sample of claims resolution documents (typically called EOB's) and compare billed amounts to allowed amounts. That difference represents the amount the insurer was able to bargain for, and is typically 25 to 50% of the charged amount.

Without the reductions insurers bargain for, the bill would be that much more. If you do not have insurance, that is what they will collect. Uninsured patients who know this and are saavy can often negotiate their bill down to the amount the provider accepts from insurance; but if you do not ask for it, they won't tell. How ethical is that?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I am one of those denied..... for a fucking injury.... a NEW injury.... as a pre existing condition.

Did the specific injury occur, or did you previously suffer the same injury prior to the purchase of the insurance? Some states mandate previously held continuous coverage as meeting requirements to satidfy a pre-x clause. Basically, as long as you have had coverage for a set number of months (typically 18, but self-insured companies often exploit a loophole that allows them to make it whatever they want) and you maintain continuous coverage, there is no pre-x.

Continuous coverage is a must in order to waive pre-x or we end up with people that forego coverage until they need services; then run out and buy insurance. It's called anti- or negative selection.

States that allow insurers to not recognize previous continuous coverage are in the wrong - ethically IMO. Though they are probably in the minority, that is one of the things I understand is addressed in ObamaCare.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

And that is because the insurance companies have no incentive to bargain costs down because they just pass them along, and the healthcare consumer is insulated from the cost. A single payer system is the way to fix that problem.

Why does a hospital charge $10 for an aspirin tablet? Because it can.

If there is anybody here who has ever sat on the other side of the table (negotiating reimbursement rates on behalf of a provider system), please chime in so Mr Kallend doesn't think I'm making this all up.

Is your experience that the insurers pay whatever the provider requests, and that they have no incentive to bargain?

Tell us why it is, if our insurers are SO effective in bargaining down costs, that we have the world's most expensive so-called "system".

Fabulous logic; reminds me of the Truthers.

We have the most expensive HC system in the world, therefore, insurers must not be bargaining.

Well, at least that is one step back from your BS claim that insurers do not bargain and simply pay what the providers bill.

Examine a sample of claims resolution documents (typically called EOB's) and compare billed amounts to allowed amounts. That difference represents the amount the insurer was able to bargain for, and is typically 25 to 50% of the charged amount.

Without the reductions insurers bargain for, the bill would be that much more. If you do not have insurance, that is what they will collect. Uninsured patients who know this and are saavy can often negotiate their bill down to the amount the provider accepts from insurance; but if you do not ask for it, they won't tell. How ethical is that?

What a lame so-called "explanation". All you have done is confirm that the bargaining power of the US health insurance companies is feeble.

What a lame so-called "explanation". All you have done is confirm that the bargaining power of the US health insurance companies is feeble.

It's limited, but I don't consider 25 to 50% as feeble. That's like saying 50 mpg is feeble because you demand a car that gets 200 mpg. Is everything in your world that has limits considered feeble if those limits don't meet your expectations.

How about this: What level of discount should they extract in order for it to not be feeble to you? Should docs work for free? 100% discount would be nice heh?

For an academic, you either have very poor logic, or can't remove your emotion from the debate.

It's limited, but I don't consider 25 to 50% as feeble. That's like saying 50 mpg is feeble because you demand a car that gets 200 mpg. Is everything in your world that has limits considered feeble if those limits don't meet your expectations.

How about this: What level of discount should they extract in order for it to not be feeble to you? Should docs work for free? 100% discount would be nice heh?

For an academic, you either have very poor logic, or can't remove your emotion from the debate.

Your so-called "discount" is from a mythical figure and is meaningless.

The only real way to evaluate the effectiveness is to compare our costs with other nations costs for the same things, like prescription drugs. When you do that you see that our insurance companies do a piss-poor job.