tumbler

The President hates me

I do not consider him my President. I didn't vote for him and will not support him. I just have to tolerate him as I would a bowl infection until it eventually goes away.

Ahh, how quickly the Bush era rhetoric fades away. I think I almost miss it... whatever happened to 'Loyalty to the office of the President - no matter who he is'? Where is 'Always support the Commander in Chief'? Even (dare I say it) 'America, love it or leave it?':o

:D:D:D:D
What a bunch of whinging twatmuppets..... They would rather give millions of their hard earned to Fat Cat insurance companies and then pay large excesses... Makes me larf my tits orf.

And we're going to give even MORE of our 'hard-earned' once this steaming pile of shit is fully enacted, for LESS care.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Have's who don't want to help the have-nots.
Have's who do want to help the have-nots.
Have-nots who do want help from the have's.

a real group - the Have and Have Nots that believe too many freebies seriously hurt the have nots a LOT more than they help - as well as hurting the world economy

they are a major subset of the (those that want to help the have-nots) but just believe this is counterproductive

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Ahh, how quickly the Bush era rhetoric fades away. I think I almost miss it...

Agreed: The morale of the story: politics, politicians, and pundits are fickle. The messages don't always flip verbatim when parties change power, but either "winged" side will always say whatever is self-serving that day.

The one that's the most symmetric is "suck it, your guys had your chance, and what you're complaining about is the last guys fault anyway!" met by "forget the last guy, by NOW your guy should have his shit together, but he's destroying the country!"

But no matter what, everyone is either a lunatic war-monger that wants a gigantic unaffordable military with flying solid gold fire breathing pro-life robot dragons or they are a hippie communist who won't rest until the government is bankrupt from buying everyone personal solar-powered gay unicorns that shoot healing rainbows.

Agreed: The morale of the story: politics, politicians, and pundits are fickle. The messages don't always flip verbatim when parties change power, but either "winged" side will always say whatever is self-serving that day.

The one that's the most symmetric is "suck it, your guys had your chance, and what you're complaining about is the last guys fault anyway!" met by "forget the last guy, by NOW your guy should have his shit together, but he's destroying the country!"

But no matter what, everyone is either a lunatic war-monger that wants a gigantic unaffordable military with flying solid gold fire breathing pro-life robot dragons or they are a hippie communist who won't rest until the government is bankrupt from buying everyone personal solar-powered gay unicorns that shoot healing rainbows.

I'm repeating this just because it should be read twice.

best SC post ever

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

dragons and unicorns?

I'm in

you bet - preferably grilled with a nice raspberry cilantro sauce

I just quoted you.... that was awesome! Now where is that Gold robot..... I got shit to do... anyone who wants to join grab your gun. It's on....
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

All the conservitards that are apoplectic should calm down. They'll be able to get more affordable psychiatric care now.

I have to admit that I'm enjoying the impotent rage thoroughly. I spent 8 years under the idiot W with these guys smiling smugly and telling me to cram it. Now it's their turn in the barrel.

Now there's an adult in the White House, so just sit back and listen to Glenn Beck while we drive for a few years. After a few years of health care, people will get used to the new entitlement, the way they did with COBRA, Medicare, and Social Security. It'll never get repealed, just added to in future.

Next up, pubic option.

or they are a hippie communist who won't rest until the government is bankrupt from buying everyone personal solar-powered gay unicorns

I did not know unicorns were gay. Maybe this explains why we never see them around. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Let the punishment of the working middle class begin. I mean really, why does the President hate me? I have worked hard my entire life, make a decent wage and have never asked the government for a handout. I have no problem paying my taxes and going to serve on jury duty.... but this health care bill is complete bullshit. Now, I am punished for busting my ass. I have health care, I work for it, I pay for it, I dont need the government to give it to me.

There are things we need to fix: the entitlement that many poor feel when the get their "paychecks" from the government; The need to stay sick so the handouts continue to come. We all can do things to stop this cycle and personally I do my part but this plan is over the top. >:(

Oddly enough, it seems 100% of people opposed to this already have healthcare. I've got a couple friends who went to DC last weekend to protest against government-run, taxpayer-funded healthcare, despite enjoying exactly that themselves.

Blues,
Dave

Could it be that we with healthcare hate that freeloaders will now have an easy chance at something we busted our ass to get. With exceptions of course. Just a month or two back I saw some lady buying a flat screen at walmart she was buying and then proceded to pay for her groceries with her food stamps. While i'm at home watching my tube tv and basic cable, because I pay for my Healthcare, isurance, college, and of course skydiving. You know the priorities in life. I live better now in college and working a job I got by my own doings, than I did with my dirt poor family (not insulting my family, but just proving a point).

Unfortunatley we live in an unequal world(except for now of course), where there are legitimate people who understand that life is tough and do something about it for themselves and where there are alot that want everything handed to them because they feel they got the short end of the stick and the world or government owes them something.

I call shenanigans, man up and do something for yourself. No one owes you anything, including healthcare.

As far as for the small businesses that will be forced to provide health care, I feel sorry for them. Healthcare should have nothing to do with work, unless the employer wants to offer it or if you get hurt on the job.

I know some people legitimately need more help because they are incapable, but robbing from the capable (not just the rich but also the working class) is not the way to do it. This is reality and not some Robin hood fairytale. Hard working Americans are going to be adversly affected.[:/]

My .02!
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

OK, a few facts would seem to be in order to dispel the bollocks which abounds in these debates, fuelled by Beck et al.

Here's the bill distilled for those too lazy to read it before commenting (and yes - it's a matter of public record so you can read it if you want to, I suggest you take a few law classes first though or you'll get lost in the language):-

Coverage:
Would expand coverage to 32 million Americans who are currently uninsured.

Health Insurance Exchanges:
The uninsured and self-employed would be able to purchase insurance through state-based exchanges with subsidies available to individuals and families with income between the 133 percent and 400 percent of poverty level.
Separate exchanges would be created for small businesses to purchase coverage -- effective 2014.
Funding available to states to establish exchanges within one year of enactment and until January 1, 2015.

Subsidies:

Individuals and families who make between 100 percent - 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and want to purchase their own health insurance on an exchange are eligible for subsidies. They cannot be eligible for Medicare, Medicaid and cannot be covered by an employer. Eligible buyers receive premium credits and there is a cap for how much they have to contribute to their premiums on a sliding scale.

Paying for the Plan:
Medicare Payroll tax on investment income -- Starting in 2012, the Medicare Payroll Tax will be expanded to include unearned income. That will be a 3.8 percent tax on investment income for families making more than $250,000 per year ($200,000 for individuals).
Excise Tax -- Beginning in 2018, insurance companies will pay a 40 percent excise tax on so-called "Cadillac" high-end insurance plans worth over $27,500 for families ($10,200 for individuals). Dental and vision plans are exempt and will not be counted in the total cost of a family's plan.
Tanning Tax -- 10 percent excise tax on indoor tanning services.

Medicare:

Closes the Medicare prescription drug "donut hole" by 2020. Seniors who hit the donut hole by 2010 will receive a $250 rebate.

Beginning in 2011, seniors in the gap will receive a 50 percent discount on brand name drugs. The bill also includes $500 billion in Medicare cuts over the next decade.
Medicaid:

Expands Medicaid to include 133 percent of federal poverty level which is $29,327 for a family of four.

Requires states to expand Medicaid to include childless adults starting in 2014.

Federal Government pays 100 percent of costs for covering newly eligible individuals through 2016.

Illegal immigrants are not eligible for Medicaid.

Insurance Reforms:
Six months after enactment, insurance companies could no longer denying children coverage based on a preexisting condition.

Starting in 2014, insurance companies cannot deny coverage to anyone with preexisting conditions.

Insurance companies must allow children to stay on their parent's insurance plans until age 26th.

Abortion:

The bill segregates private insurance premium funds from taxpayer funds. Individuals would have to pay for abortion coverage by making two separate payments, private funds would have to be kept in a separate account from federal and taxpayer funds.
No health care plan would be required to offer abortion coverage. States could pass legislation choosing to opt out of offering abortion coverage through the exchange.

Individual Mandate:

In 2014, everyone must purchase health insurance or face a $695 annual fine. There are some exceptions for low-income people.

Employer Mandate:

Technically, there is no employer mandate. Employers with more than 50 employees must provide health insurance or pay a fine of $2000 per worker each year if any worker receives federal subsidies to purchase health insurance. Fines applied to entire number of employees minus some allowances.

Immigration:

Illegal immigrants will not be allowed to buy health insurance in the exchanges -- even if they pay completely with their own money.

OK, a few facts would seem to be in order to dispel the bollocks which abounds in these debates, fuelled by Beck et al.

Here's the bill distilled for those too lazy to read it before commenting

You mean like the senators and congressmen/women? :P

Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Medicare Payroll tax on investment income -- Starting in 2012, the Medicare Payroll Tax will be expanded to include unearned income. That will be a 3.8 percent tax on investment income for families making more than $250,000 per year ($200,000 for individuals).
Excise Tax -- Beginning in 2018, insurance companies will pay a 40 percent excise tax on so-called "Cadillac" high-end insurance plans worth over $27,500 for families ($10,200 for individuals). Dental and vision plans are exempt and will not be counted in the total cost of a family's plan.
Tanning Tax -- 10 percent excise tax on indoor tanning services.

Here's the important facts-digging deeper into my pocket, directly and indirectly, to provide what I have worked for to someone who hasn't.

I don't even want to think what a great private policy will cost me when insurance companies are forced to take on customers with expensive pre existing conditions. That money has got to come from customers who pay more than they use.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

It's NOT all about YOU.

One question.... if its not all about him then who is it about?

Is it all about the ones with the pre exsisting conditions?

Is it all about those who live off the govt. and do not or refuse to work?

Because your statement could be said to any one of those groups.......

Someone has cancer so they are being denied which really makes sense but the fact is I could say to that person "its NOT all about YOU" because there are several people paying that insurance compnay wanting low rates and that would raise them even more.

Any person that is being effected is who this bill is about.

I wish people would just say what they really feel which is probably something along the lines of "suck it up and pay the money so everyone can be covered bc I believe that is what is right"

Well... some see the other side of the coin.

I wish people would just say what they really feel which is probably something along the lines of "suck it up and pay the money so everyone can be covered bc I believe that is what is right"

That is my position. I have a good job, good health insurance, am in good health, and pay far more tax than most. I STILL think this is a good law for the country as a whole.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I do not consider him my President. I didn't vote for him and will not support him. I just have to tolerate him as I would a bowl infection until it eventually goes away.

Ahh, how quickly the Bush era rhetoric fades away. I think I almost miss it... whatever happened to 'Loyalty to the office of the President - no matter who he is'? Where is 'Always support the Commander in Chief'? Even (dare I say it) 'America, love it or leave it?':o

:D:D:D:D
What a bunch of whinging twatmuppets..... They would rather give millions of their hard earned to Fat Cat insurance companies and then pay large excesses... Makes me larf my tits orf.

And we're going to give even MORE of our 'hard-earned' once this steaming pile of shit is fully enacted, for LESS care.

Did you find out how many health insurance companies are in the DOW yet?;)

That is my position. I have a good job, good health insurance, am in good health, and pay far more tax than most. I STILL think this is a good law for the country as a whole.

I knew you would have no problem saying it but the other side has a valid point as well..... what about a middle class family that does not have it as good as you but can afford healthcare and gets by.... is it fair to tax them more? I don't know that it is.... I think on paper the concept of this is great but in reality it is not sustainable.... we shall see.....

I knew you would have no problem saying it but the other side has a valid point as well..... what about a middle class family that does not have it as good as you but can afford healthcare and gets by.... is it fair to tax them more? I don't know that it is.... I think on paper the concept of this is great but in reality it is not sustainable.... we shall see.....

How much more will this "middle" class family be taxed? I believe it will be pretty much a wash for most, as it will for most good employers.

How much more will this "middle" class family be taxed? I believe it will be pretty much a wash for most, as it will for most good employers.

Now or if it goes upside down like every other govt. program? I am not trying to throw rhetoric here... honestly though... many are in trouble and especially SS, Medicar/Medicaid. I just see this going really bad bc I have no faith in how our govt. handles money. Is that a reason not to try and do good.... no but it still scares the shit out of me.

yeah.

since when is it a good idea to post facts to SC??

nobody will pay attention to them anyway. And the post.....

can you terse that up, above is all the further I got - ooooh shiny