georgerussia

Oakland store clerk jailed in fatal shooting

How does this say "self defense?" Even if the guy did try to rob the store, once the guy left there was no longer an immediate threat.

Yes, that's usually called murder. Much like if you shoot someone in self defense, it's no longer self-defense if you finish off the attacker.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Why is there even any question? From what we know the guy shot the man as a result of an argument, not in self defense or in protecting any property. The law did the right thing by arresting him and he will get his day(s) in court.
Hard to prove self defense when you chase after the guy. :S

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

How does this say "self defense?" Even if the guy did try to rob the store, once the guy left there was no longer an immediate threat.

Yes, that's usually called murder. Much like if you shoot someone in self defense, it's no longer self-defense if you finish off the attacker.

Maybe they need finished off? Keeps ricidivism down and saves the taxpayers money? ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

At the risk of getting accused of not being objective (or not being "on the right side"), let me state this in as neutral a fashion as possible:

(a) Having more guns available for law-abiding citizens protect themselves with, also means there will be more guns available for people to potentially commit crimes of passion with.

(b) Reducing the availability of guns available for people to potentially commit crimes of passion with, also means reducing the availability of guns for law-abiding citizens protect themselves with.

Both statements are true. At that point, it's simply a matter of debating the balancing of interests as a matter of public policy.

At the risk of getting accused of not being objective (or not being "on the right side"), let me state this in as neutral a fashion as possible:

(a) Having more guns available for law-abiding citizens protect themselves with, also means there will be more guns available for people to potentially commit crimes of passion with.

(b) Reducing the availability of guns available for people to potentially commit crimes of passion with, also means reducing the availability of guns for law-abiding citizens protect themselves with.

Both statements are true. At that point, it's simply a matter of debating the balancing of interests as a matter of public policy.

Very nicely put.

Considering that reducing the number of legally available guns will affect the law abiding citizens far more than the criminals and also that 99%+ of the guns out there are not used in criminal activities I have very little difficulty with that balance going in favor of the guns being available.

But that's just my opinion.;)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Man, you are batting 1K this morning.

Store clerk Adhem Abdullah

However, he is a raghead. What else can you expect. >:(:S:ph34r:

I must be really bored. I'd better go outside for awhile.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Store clerk Adhem Abdullah

I must be really bored. I'd better go outside for awhile.

Another fine example of why the rest of the world think americans are arseholes, however, as a foreigner living in the USA I can attest that most American are not like this.

How does this say "self defense?"

That's the alleged purpose to keep guns in stores - for self-defense in case of robbery.

Yup, and according to various government reports it happens a half-million times a year or more - did you have a point?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What do ya know? a racist, who ever would have guessed? . I'm embarrassed for you.

Eh, don't be. It was just a joke. It's hard to kid around here. I guess that's what the Bonfire is for.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

That was a good one, keep em coming. Nothing more edifying than Christian proselytizing with a few racial slurs thrown in from time to time.

Did you hear the one about the Muslim, the Indian (Native American) and the cowboy?

Did you hear the one about the Muslim, the Indian (Native American) and the cowboy?

No punchline?

Heres one:

It seems that, when Moses came down from the mountain with the tablets containing the Ten Commandments, his followers asked him what they revealed about how they should live their lives. Moses told them, "I have some good news and some bad news."

"Give us the good news first," they said.

"Well, the good news," Moses responded, "is that he kept the number of commandments down to ten."

"Okay, what's the bad news?" they inquired.

"The bad news," Moses replied, "is that he kept the one about adultery in there."

***Store clerk Adhem Abdullah

What do ya know? a racist, who ever would have guessed? . I'm embarrassed for you.

However, he is a christian. What else can you expect.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Funny. I'll repeat it. At church. To my pastor. He'll laugh. It seems that the level to which one gets offended is directly related to how badly they want to be offended.

:D:D:D:)

News article.

Yet another example of a gun used in "self-defense". Indeed, we need more of them to solve Oakland homicides problem completely!

Unless he asserts this was self defense (for example, the man threatened to come back and kill him, so he jumped the gun, so to speak), this appears to be a simple 2nd degree murder case.

Oakland liquor stores certainly do have incentive to be armed, as the 'Your Black Muslim Bakery' thugs were prone to trashing stores for selling alcohol.