rushmc

Another Nutter with a Gun

I said there are flaws, your trying to make it a post sale registration. Why not at time of sale? right along with the background check? (Why isn't that illegal?)

Because until the sale is completed, the gun still belongs to the shop, and because the 1143 you fill out to buy the gun in the first place *ALREADY* has all the info, so why is a separate registration needed?

And, again the effort should be on the Laws or Ownership and the Right to Bear Arms.

Which is why people are against the registration scenario, it does nothing to stop crime.

Put all the time money and effort into that, I support that.

Matt

If you could show where it is taking anything away from the other side of the effort, you might have a point.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So, it can be all part of the same form. That seems smart to me, cost effective too.

But if the background check and registration are all one, then the back ground check will deny a known criminal (Or a court deemed "nutter") a gun.

The NRA is asking for money to fight on behalf for BOTH efforts. Make it one effort, the Right to Bear Arms, period.

I think the unspoken reality is it is easier to fight registration laws than for Constitutional Laws. But, I am not a lawyer.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

It is one persona, I never personally bad mouthed any individual, the two hurt but it, personally put it on them selves.

The "educate me" was a little snarky, but the example given back was flawed, it even went from two to one example. I though t I was answering direct replies, like now, I thought that was how a forum works.

I generally translate snarky to passive aggressive bullshit, and you're shoveling it out pretty well.

I also save myself time by not engaging until you pick a side - want to have a real conversation? Great? Maybe I'll participate. Instead want to play internet pig? If I have time/interest, I'll play. Want to have it both ways? Have fun.

So, it can be all part of the same form. That seems smart to me, cost effective too.

And yet AGAIN....Fed.gov ALREADY HAS THE INFO, so WHY is this registration that criminals WON'T be participating in needed?

HOW is that cost effective in ANY way?

But if the background check and registration are all one, then the back ground check will deny a known criminal (Or a court deemed "nutter") a gun.

Then WHY is the registration needed, again?

The NRA is asking for money to fight on behalf for BOTH efforts. Make it one effort, the Right to Bear Arms, period.

So, you've got no concrete evidence that anything is being taken away from the general effort by anti-registration efforts?

I think the unspoken reality is it is easier to fight registration laws than for Constitutional Laws. But, I am not a lawyer.

Matt

That *may* be true...but it's equally true that the fight against unconstitutional laws is still ongoing, regardless of anti-registration efforts.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

He wants all guns banned but knows it isn't popular to say so.

Nope. Don't want that, never wrote that.

Strawman arguments don't work too well here.

Walk a mile in the other guys shoes, for a moment....
You, are now a gun store owner. A guy walks in and wants to buy a weapon. You obtain the buyers ID; call the authorities, and run a check...the guy is clean. It's perfectly legal to sell him a weapon. Yet you suspect that he's a nutter and tell him to bugger off!!!
How long do you think it will take for his lawyers letter to get to you? Yes, this is another way of asking you the same question previously posted by others.

You, are now a gun store owner............Yet you suspect that he's a nutter and tell him to bugger off!!!
How long do you think it will take for his lawyers letter to get to you?

Am I reading it correctly that a shop owner cannot refuse to sell to anyone....for whatever reason? Were I the shop owner, I'd make good use of the lawyers letter. The bird cage needs new flooring.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You, are now a gun store owner............Yet you suspect that he's a nutter and tell him to bugger off!!!

Am I reading it correctly that a shop owner cannot refuse to sell to anyone....for whatever reason? Were I the shop owner, I'd make good use of the lawyers letter. The bird cage needs new flooring.

Yeah.... Right.
Have you ever gotten a lawyers letter? If you say you have, and then ignored it..... Not believable. You may end up living in that bird cage, if you do.:D
Calling Dr. Kallend... Calling Dr. Kallend...

I've heard of gun shops not selling to someone who seemed a bit off....no clue how common or uncommon it is, though.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yeah.... Right.
Have you ever gotten a lawyers letter? If you say you have, and then ignored it..... Not believable. You may end up living in that bird cage, if you do.:D
Calling Dr. Kallend... Calling Dr. Kallend...

Well, yes, I have.
I lied about the bird cage though.
It was a pet field rat I named Frisky.

"May" was your key word.

Kallend?
Did somebody recently raise the question of people responding out of their field?

I've heard of gun shops not selling to someone who seemed a bit off....no clue how common or uncommon it is, though.

Here's the entire post.
(Spinners.. What won't they do for attention?)

You, are now a gun store owner. A guy walks in and wants to buy a weapon. You obtain the buyers ID; call the authorities, and run a check...the guy is clean. It's perfectly legal to sell him a weapon. Yet you suspect that he's a nutter and tell him to bugger off!!!
How long do you think it will take for his lawyers letter to get to you? Yes, this is another way of asking you the same question previously posted by others.

Hopefully more common than not?

If I were a gun shop owner, I couldn't but help feeling some responsibility for selling the weapon to some suspicious person who then quickly proved themselves a nutter.

Yes, yes, I'm no qualified psychobabble pro so you fine outstanding gentlemen may wind up buying from somebody else. Meh, such is life.

Here's the entire post.

I dunno but most of them can read the entire post.

Here's the entire post.

:D What's your point?

Here's the entire post.

HAH........ OK, an EM explained it. You have to drive to Mickey D's to satisfy you munchie attack, again.
Enjoy it, You're a big boy, but that stuff can harm your lungs. Just sayin'......;)

What's "EM"?

The question was about store-owner options.

So, you got your panties wadded up.

Well, I thought I was talking to a mature adult. I was wrong...so...never mind.

What's "EM"?

The question was about store-owner options.

So, you got your panties wadded up.

Well, I thought I was talking to a mature adult. I was wrong...so...never mind.

:D:D:D Bullschidt...... You just wanted to stir some shit,as Christalsabine says.B|
Store options....? Store options..! Complete bullschidt.:D you still ain't got a point to offer in this entire thread. Pathetic....... go to Mickey D's and have a burger.

Thank you for proving my point.

G'day, sir.

The mystery deepens........:D:D:D:D
Sorry if you're all pissed, and have veins popping all over....... but that stuff is not good for you. Tends to alter your........... ah, whatever, you're a big boy.
Calling Dr. Kallend, Calling Dr. Kallend....

Mike, if the GOV has all the info then it is more or less, registered?

Again, I can't see a "down side" to the registration. Only some speculation that the GOV will use it one day to come take all your guns.

Honest question, why is it not needed?

Other than an NRA Rep asking for money for that particular cause as well as membership dues and the 2nd Amendment fight, no no concrete "Evidence".

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Again, I can't see a "down side" to the registration. Only some speculation that the GOV will use it one day to come take all your guns.

Speculation? Have you read ANYTHING people have written? California used registration info to confiscate SKS rifles under color of law. Canada has used registration info to confiscate guns.

Honest question, why is it not needed?

How about you finally buck up and explain how it's going to do ANY sort of good?

Lessening crime is out, since criminals cannot be forced to register due to 5th Amendment issues (incriminating themselves, since felons cannot be in possession of firearms).

So, what PURPOSE do you see the registration database being used for? What problem is it supposedly going to solve that can't be managed with info the gov't already has?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

OMG! Another nutter with a gun: This nutter left a handgun readily accessible in his home while his teenage daughter was home alone. What they heck was he thinking!? This gun should have been locked up so that the poor girl didn't have access to it. And now look at what has happened...

Story: http://www.webcitation.org/64jJjwhj3

OMG! Another nutter with a gun: This nutter left a handgun readily accessible in his home while his teenage daughter was home alone. What they heck was he thinking!? This gun should have been locked up so that the poor girl didn't have access to it. And now look at what has happened...

Story: http://www.webcitation.org/64jJjwhj3

I gotta say, John.

In this case, the girl got lucky. Best case scenario happened here.

Dad screwed up not locking it up when the kid was home alone and not trained to use it.

My preference is to teach the kid how to use it responsibly and then let her know where the key is to go get it if needed. Else lock it up - the kid doesn't know how to handle it.

My daughter knows and respects guns. But I lock mine up, (law here is lock them up if minors live in the house anyway, but that's not why.) mainly because she can have friends over and I don't know if they are trained and responsible.

anyway - the kid's intention to protect her home and property is commendable - though I'd have preferred she just got away and called the cops

edit: I don't mean "trained" such as ready to kill, moving target range, etc. Just trained to load, unload, use the safety, shoot straight, respect the tool - before leaving it accessible. As for her choice to confront vs run? that's an entirely different discussion

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Here's another example of why citizens of Chicago can't be trusted to carry guns like all the other states in the nation.

Story: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/17/pit-bull-attack-victim-these-were-not-just-regular-dogs/

By gosh, if this man had possessed a gun during this pit bull attack, he might have started shooting wildly at the dogs and injured innocent bystanders. It's too bad the dogs ripped his foot off, but that's a small price to pay for gun safety for the general public. Let's leave the guns to the cops, as they eventually did what needed to be done here to end the attack, and it's just too bad for the victim that it took them too long to get there to save his foot. Oh well.

the kid's intention to protect her home and property is commendable - though I'd have preferred she just got away and called the cops

It's not the home and property that I would be worried about. Two burglars finding a 15-year-old girl coming out of the shower, could easily lead to rape and murder. I'm glad she had a gun with which to drive off the intruders and save herself.