Gawain

Girl, 11, Gives Birth to Baby Boy

This happened here in the USA, somewhere in the Northeast.

First, I'm glad to read that child-mother, and child will be okay.

Second, well...I'm at a loss for words...[:/]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584936,00.html?test=faces
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hopefully her parents will raise the baby as their own... cause an 11 y/o has nothing to gain from this experience. However, if she had 'consensual' sex hopefully she will learn a lesson and not be such a slut. On a more serious note, unfortunately I'm sure she was taken advantage of.

or maybe she is one of the girls in this video. http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/school_dances_sure_have_changed
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Hopefully her parents will raise the baby as their own... cause an 11 y/o has nothing to gain from this experience. However, if she had 'consensual' sex hopefully she will learn a lesson and not be such a slut. On a more serious note, unfortunately I'm sure she was taken advantage of.

or maybe she is one of the girls in this video. http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/school_dances_sure_have_changed

Perhaps she suffered the horror of being raped, and their are some (like Sarah Palin) that would deny her the right to have an abortion.

I want to know the age of the father...

This was the thought that crossed my mind too, but I was so angry when I initially read the article that I decided to just keep my mouth shut. Now, the next day, re-reading the article, I find that I'm still at a loss for civil words for whomever the father may be. >:(
Make light!

>>Perhaps she suffered the horror of being raped,

Thanks for stating the obvious..

>>and their are some (like Sarah Palin) that would deny her the right to have an abortion.

Yeah lets keep beating that dead horse.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Perhaps she suffered the horror of being raped, and their are some (like Sarah Palin) that would deny her the right to have an abortion.

But first charge her for the rape kit.

A minor child cannot have 'consentual sex' in this country. Not in the eyes of the courts. Sex with a minor child is statutory rape.

Chuck

> Sex with a minor child is statutory rape.

Not if it's with another minor. (It's still illegal tho.)

For certain? I thought a 17 year old boy went to jail for sex with his 15 year old girlfriend.
Make light!

> I thought a 17 year old boy went to jail for sex with his 15 year old girlfriend.

Oh, he could; it's still an "illegal act" at least in CA. But jail time is unlikely since it would generally handled by a juvenile court, and is often considered a misdemeanor offense. Google "Romeo and Juliet" laws to get more info; the details vary from state to state. For example, in Texas, a 16 year old boy having sex with a 14 year old girl could be covered under such a law.

> I thought a 17 year old boy went to jail for sex with his 15 year old girlfriend.

Oh, he could; it's still an "illegal act" at least in CA. But jail time is unlikely since it would generally handled by a juvenile court, and is often considered a misdemeanor offense. Google "Romeo and Juliet" laws to get more info; the details vary from state to state. For example, in Texas, a 16 year old boy having sex with a 14 year old girl could be covered under such a law.

There was a kid that was in the news in Georgia (sorry, left that out in my previous post) no too long ago. That was the instance I was thinking of. He served a couple years, but they had to change the law there to make it happen, and he's still a registered sex offender if I'm not mistaken.

Point being, there is no rational, and in my opinion, no forgivable circumstance on the part of the father in this case. If it was a forced rape, then naturally, the guy should rot in prison until he's killed by the general population for being a child molester. If it was some other teenager, under 18, that kid needs a wicked, merciless dose of reality delivered swiftly to him, through various forms.
Make light!

> If it was some other teenager, under 18, that kid needs a wicked,
>merciless dose of reality delivered swiftly to him, through various forms.

And if it was a 12 year old boy, child protective services should make it a top priority to see if they would do better with different families.

Not neccessarily. The "Romeo and Juliet" laws are in response to just what Gawain was talking about.

There was more than one case of a 16 or 17 year old having sex with an underage girl (also 16 or 17). Because of the age of the "victim" and the "get tough" laws that automatically put older juveniles into adult court, the boy went to prison for sexual assault of a minor and was labelled as a sexual predator.

There have also been cases of fights between kids ending up with charges of child abuse being filed in adult court against one of the kids (again, kid being charged in adult court).

Some of the outrageous stuff has been fixed, but there have been cases of previously convicted kids having a very difficult time getting those things removed from their record.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo