BillyVance

More stupidity from PETA

I was just saying that people who don't feel for these animals are sociopathic; is that a stereotype?

Pretty much by definition

- though more obvious had you said "all people who......"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Last I checked the human mortality rates was still around the 100% mark. So there are 0 activities around that wont have people getting killed doing them. People die iin the shower. But deliberatley killing somone is not a par with an accidental death. If you think that is so then there should be no different penalty from manslaughter to murder to complete accidental death. Do you think that?

Have you ever been to a slaughter house or ranches or do you just accept what PETA says?
Have you ever witnessed the day to day operations of cattle raisers? Have you ever been in slaughter houses and witnessed the way livestock is 'really' handled? I have and have never witnessed what you've said. Where are these 'bad' processing plants? Why, are they still in operation?

Chuck

I eat beef. I also eat vegetables. My parents forced me
to eat the vegetables or I could not leave the table.

Ditto. As a result, I now CAN'T leave food on the plate and MUST eat everything and I got fat. Fuck you "clean plate club."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You really showed them! :D

Chuck

Women love me. Green beans fear me.
:)

At one point in my farming life, I tried farming chickens.
On my first try, I think I planted the seeds too deep.
Not one of those them came up.

Chicken are a form of vegetables. Their legs definitely
look like stout little roots.
Can't get them to stay planted though.

You really showed them! :D

Chuck

Women love me. Green beans fear me.
:)

At one point in my farming life, I tried farming chickens.
On my first try, I think I planted the seeds too deep.
Not one of those them came up.

Chicken are a form of vegetables. Their legs definitely
look like stout little roots.
Can't get them to stay planted though.

Plant the eggs!:)

Chuck

If they replace Punxatawney Phil with a robot groundhog, it might malfunction and start killing everyone.

That would make the event a LOT more exciting, though.

Just if PETA folks were present! :D

(I just know, I'm gonna catch hell for that comment!:o)

Chuck

If you think its wrong to torture animals why do you think its okay to kill them? Would you feel the same about humans? Torture= wrong , murder=ok?

It's ok to kill them because we're at the top of the food chain. Those pointy teeth in the front of your face aren't there for tofu. Killing animals does not equal torture... at all... in any way, shape, or form. You're doing the typical giant leap to try and link two things together in a rediculous way in order to prove a point. Eating meat is not analogous to murdering humans.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

But instead you have to pretend that torture doesn't exist in most farming, heavily in factory farming.

I don't pretend it doesn't exist. I just admit that it's not the standard. There's a difference.

So I would label you a denialist. If a guy like you actually admitted your steak and eggs was a product of animal torture you would be self-forced to quit contributing to the process.

And if you could prove my dinner was torture then I may consider listening. PETA is a joke of an organization and if the extent of your argument is based on videos from their website then you have no argument.

Well I'm a pussy that cries when I see the horrible lives and worse death these little victims endure.

You see the youtube videos. How much work have you actually done on farms. And if you're so disgusted and hurt then why aren't you doing something about it? My guess is you just watch a few youtube videos, swear off steak, and feel like you've done something useful.

And you're in gross denial that meat is not torture.

Meat is not torture. Ever. Meat is meat. I've killed plenty of my own food and never once tortured anything. If a farm is torturing animals then they should be investigated and closed. Meat != torture. Again with the giant leaps to try and produce some misguided feelings of guilt.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the videos.

And I'm guessing that's all you've seen. There are farmers on this website who have been to hundreds of farms and never seen that crap.

I'm guessing you define being mass produced, living in tiny quarters, fed hormones and finally killing by being hung by your legs for a good amount of time and then having your throat cut not to be torture. Even if they aren't kicked and beat, THEY ARE ALL TORTURED.

So what do you suggest there, hero?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

You don't have a clue! You need to step away from your computer and get out there and really see what it's all about instead of watching 'PETA shock' videos! As I've stated before, I've been involved in the dairy/meat industry in various phases most of my life and have NEVER seen livestock mis-treated... ever! How do you know that these videos you watch aren't possibly 'staged' to get people to contribute more money to PETA? All the cattle, pigs, chickens and etc. I've ever seen have on the most part, been treated good. I've never seen animals hung by the hind legs till their eyes about popped and then have their throats slit. I have seen some mustangs who were 'privately' kept, 5 horses in a 12'x16' ft. pen and given old, near moldy grass hay to eat and little or no water. I turned that guy in to BLM and they took the horses back. I have seen and helped a vet remove a cancerous eye from a productive cow to take away her pain. Cattle raisers, on the whole, take pride in taking good care of their animals. You want to see mis-treatment and violence toward animals, watch a wild pig pull a calf out of it's mother as she's giving birth and eat it on the spot. I've been to feed-lots throughout this country and they all, looked pretty good to me and I didn't see any mis-treatment. I could go on and on but, I'll spare you and others. You need to see the 'real' world of the meat industry. Just because a few idealists or vegans or whatever they are spread a bunch of lies just to get followers, doesn't make it true. Go to a slaughter house, visit a cow/calf operation or feed-lot... see for yourself. I'm not trying to be ugly about this but I'm just tired of the manure PETA is spreading across this country.

Chuck

I've never seen animals hung by the hind legs till their eyes about popped and then have their throats slit.

No doubt - the adrenaline and lactic acid byproducts from the struggling would ruin the meat.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've never seen animals hung by the hind legs till their eyes about popped and then have their throats slit.

No doubt - the adrenaline and lactic acid byproducts from the struggling would ruin the meat.

You got that right!:)Some of those vegans should see how their produce is handled or how raw sewage is used to fertalize veggies from south of our border! That will get them salivating!;)

Chuck

I'm guessing you haven't seen the videos. I'm guessing you define being mass produced, living in tiny quarters, fed hormones and finally killing by being hung by your legs for a good amount of time and then having your throat cut not to be torture. Even if they aren't kicked and beat, THEY ARE ALL TORTURED.

Me thinks you should stop watching videos and actually try visiting a farm or two.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"