kallend

Yet another nutter with a gun

Except for you, yes - you're only worried if it's GUN crime, remember?

No, I'm just smart enough to understand that there is no magic bullet which would reduce ALL crime at the same time, and for example the measures taken to reduce drug trade will not reduce insurance fraud. Different crimes require different measures, and this one is good enough for reducing gun crimes. When we need to address other crimes, we will think of other solutions.

You have? Well, by all means, point them out to me, where you asked that exact question all those times.

Sure. Post #133, when we discuss exactly that - a gun crime, which needs a criminal and a gun to happen. You accused me of concentrating of a gun instead of a criminal, and you were explicitly asked to tell us how exactly are you going to concentrate on criminal? You did not provide an answer.

And a second one is the post you just replied to (#135), and AGAIN you did not reply.

And ESPECIALLY point out where I've said I'd do nothing about crime or criminals - I *REALLY* want to see those posts.

You're again pretending in form of question that I said something which I didn't. Lame.

Everyone else, however, can see this post, and two following posts, and see themselves how exactly are you going to fight the violent crime by concentrating on criminals instead of guns. It is pretty obvious now that you have nothing to say on that matter.

Oh, now we're talking about countries? How about you come back to the USA, George.

Why are you afraid of comparing statistics which show the rates in countries where guns are restricted with the USA? You have something to hide?

That's all you've got? Damn, I expected better of you.

It was all you provided, and it was worth that much.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

are you stating that you believe a gun ban would lower violent crime by 25% simply by eliminating gun crime?

Probably even more. The numbers for gun school shootings for Europe are roughly 1/4 to 1/8 of U.S. depending on how you count it. And gun shooting is obviously a gun-related crime, so a 25% drop (from 40% to 15%) seems to be a reasonable guess.

Oh look you can't debate with facts, so your start personal attacks!!!!

So after you bragged so much how you "proved me wrong", and I have proven that you just lied multiple times by assuming that I said things which I did not (what about "would be stopped"?), you're now trying to hide this fact by claiming a PA?

I am glad you are not the type to want a weapon.... You don't seem to be able to control your emotions nor think logically even online. People like you should not be allowed to own weapons.

You may be right, but know what? Me and people like me still can buy a gun! So do you now think more gun restrictions are needed? Donate here! :D:D:D

I disagree with you since you don't have any standing in reality

It's not the fact you disagree with me, it's the way how you and mnealtx are doing that - by asking loaded questions most of the time.

And I provided links that prove you are talking out of your ass... just like normal.

Your links did not prove the assumed situation would not happen. Yet again you claim to have something proven which in fact is not.

Lame.... English is CLEARLY not your native language.
In the sentence... "No, I just ignore Ron posts. " There is ZERO reference to time frame.

While English is definitely not my first language (in fact it is fourth), I have never heard of such interpretation of present indefinite. So if someone said "I believe in God" in past, you're interpreting it as the person now must believe in God for the eternity because there is zero reference to time frame???

So you are not able to see how a law restricting weapons to Jews is EXACTLY what I said when I typed, "They were banned for the Jews"?????

I was asking about guns being banned during WWII. This war started in 1939, and included much more than just German Jews (as others were not affected by this law).

And you are not able to muster enough ability to remember that the Jews were rounded up like cattle and killed by the millions AFTER they were disarmed?

I guess you're mixing all Jews together, including those who were not affected by the 1938 Nazi law at all, because they did not live in Germany. Most German Jews were imprisoned or left the country before the WWII started.

In this case... It is clear you don't.

Talks, talks..

are you stating that you believe a gun ban would lower violent crime by 25% simply by eliminating gun crime?

Probably even more. The numbers for gun school shootings for Europe are roughly 1/4 to 1/8 of U.S. depending on how you count it. And gun shooting is obviously a gun-related crime, so a 25% drop (from 40% to 15%) seems to be a reasonable guess.

Wow. No foundation provided whatsoever.

All the criminals who currently commit crimes with guns will stop doing bad things. Plus a few more guys who will feel left out!

Only gun controllers worry about gun crime. Everyone else worries about crime.

No, "everyone else" a.k.a. gun owners seem to worry about crime except the gun crime (as concentrating on gun crime might lead to the undesired consequences).

I believe gun controllers worry about all crimes, including the gun crime. They just understand that one can only address one problem at a time, and that generic concentration on "making this world better" is waste of time, as nobody succeed in it except imaginable Jesus.

I suppose the 3000 dead from 9/11 were not important, since they were killed by box cutters, plane crashes, building collapses (or if you wear tin foil, termite explosions).

Why do you think so? Just because Brady campaign didn't address it in their mission? Same way one can say that NRA considers underage sex or insurance fraud not important - there is nothing in their mission about it.

I'm puzzled by your misdirection to gun laws during WW2. Rather silly to think it doesn't count if passed before the start, no?

It looks like that until you understand that during WWII the genocide mostly happened _outside_ Germany - on territories which were not affected by 1938 law. And Kristallnacht happened _before_ WWII.

What happened to the Jews in German occupied territories in the 1930s and 1940s is only one example of many in the history of humanity where the strong preyed on the weak. People are fooling themselves if they think it won't happen again.

You might also consider what happened to the population of Czech Republic, Poland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Baltic countries and Belarus/Ukraine territories. All of them had guns, did it really help?

Have you checked the timeline carefully? The arrestable offense was the illegal gun, not suspicion of being the OKC bomber.

Maybe you should check the time line.... You do know that him having the illegal gun didn't prevent him from committing the bombing right?

George's claim that you support is that traveling around with a gun can PREVENT these acts....

I claimed no such thing. I simply stated that the reason for his arrest was that he had an illegal gun. (Post #57, this thread)

Rest of your post is therefore irrelevant.

So pretty much a lie by omission, again.

What I wrote is what I wrote. If you and Ron want to add a straw man to it, go ahead but we all know you're doing it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

When faced up against superior fire power, sometimes it is better to fade into the background in order to live to fight another day. Plus most of these countries you mentioned had underground resistance movements which did their parts towards helping the allies defeat the enemy. The various resistance movements did not fight back with hugs and teddy bears. They used firearms and explosives. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

so you believe the criminals that turned in their guns, and/or can't find another criminal to buy guns from, are just going to stop committing all violent crime? Is that correct? Just trying to be clear on your idea.
--
Rob

so you believe the criminals that turned in their guns, and/or can't find another criminal to buy guns from, are just going to stop committing all violent crime?

There are several types of criminals. For those who are "professional criminals" - i.e. depend on crime to provide for their life style, it depends on penalty. If it is significantly more severe than the penalty for a crime itself (like mandatory life sentence for carrying versus 5 year probation for a crime), and there are financial awards for those who turn them in, some may decide that it does not worth it, and switch to another types of crime (like insurance fraud).

For those who are "unintentional criminals" - like those idiots shooting into the air in front of Capitol or shooting someone in a parking lot during the argument - being law abiding citizens, they wouldn't have access to guns. Such crimes are spontaneous, so being unable to acquire a gun quickly will pretty much eliminate this type of crime (next morning they'd sober up and be glad for that).

And for those to-be criminals who decide to commit their only crime and die afterwards (like Cho) - a significant number of them would not be able to obtain guns illegally at all (lacking the necessary knowledge and connections), and some would be caught or turned to authorities in this process. Some indeed would get through, but I would expect this number to be significantly less than now.

That's where I believe the reduction of violent crime would come from.

The various resistance movements did not fight back with hugs and teddy bears. They used firearms and explosives. :ph34r:

In this scenario (which is kinda far away from genocide, you're talking about resistance/guerrilla warfare) do you think it makes any difference whether the guns are illegal or not, and whether those movements used legal or illegal explosives?

There are several types of criminals. For those who are "professional criminals" - i.e. depend on crime to provide for their life style, it depends on penalty. If it is significantly more severe than the penalty for a crime itself (like mandatory life sentence for carrying versus 5 year probation for a crime), and there are financial awards for those who turn them in, some may decide that it does not worth it, and switch to another types of crime (like insurance fraud).

yet, a criminal faced with the threat of a possibly armed victim (concealed carry states) wouldn't consider not doing crime (or so I constantly hear from the gun-banners).

I didn't realize you were such a study on criminology. Wait, this is all conjecture isn't it....

In any case, we won't ever be able to prove either side of this argument. So until then, I'll call you and your ilk "gun grabbers" or "hoplophobes" or "members of the million moron march" (not so catchy, though I like the alliteration) and you can call us whatever you want.

I promise not to ever force you to own a gun.

--
Rob

yet, a criminal faced with the threat of a possibly armed victim (concealed carry states) wouldn't consider not doing crime (or so I constantly hear from the gun-banners).

If I understood you correctly, you're saying that a criminal would not commit a crime if his victim may be possibly armed? Is that what you said?

So after you bragged so much how you "proved me wrong",

Didn't brag about it... I did it and it is here for all to see.

It's not the fact you disagree with me, it's the way how you and mnealtx are doing that - by asking loaded questions most of the time.

You mean by proving your positions to be incorrect and using facts and data to back up our positions and destroy yours?

At least I didn't wish your family to die like you did mine:S:S:S
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I was asking about guns being banned during WWII. This war started in 1939, and included much more than just German Jews (as others were not affected by this law).

There you go trying to obscure instead of just admitting you were wrong.

And yes... you clearly were wrong....Again it is here for everyone to see.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

At least I didn't wish your family to die like you did mine

It has been proven multiple times with facts and links that as long as YOU can enjoy your guns, you do not care about children dying from gun-related crimes like above. You can deny whatever you want - the truth is obvious for everyone. You also do not care of children dying because of negligence of some stupid gun owners like that because it might restrict your rights to own a gun. So this is promising that you started worrying that something like that might happen to your family as well, and therefore maybe some extra restrictions are worth considering. I suggest you make a donation to Brady Campaign to prevent gun violence, who work hard to make sure at some day in future our grandmas will not be killed like by yet another gun "owners".

I hope you would like the reply written in your style :D

Shooting kills 15-year-old girl, wounds 3 others

Yet another stupid crime with yet another victim.

Agreed another stupid crime.

Police said the shooting happened Sunday evening at an apartment complex. A car with four men inside pulled into the courtyard and several shots were fired.

Sounds like gang bangers ... hardly anything that resembles law abiding citizens. Yes guns made their crime easier to commit, but are we to believe that they would be at home hugging their teddy bears if there was a gun ban?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Except for you, yes - you're only worried if it's GUN crime, remember?

No, I'm just smart enough to understand that there is no magic bullet which would reduce ALL crime at the same time, and for example the measures taken to reduce drug trade will not reduce insurance fraud. Different crimes require different measures, and this one is good enough for reducing gun crimes. When we need to address other crimes, we will think of other solutions.

Too bad your 'solution' doesn't work - the stats show that.

You have? Well, by all means, point them out to me, where you asked that exact question all those times.

Sure. Post #133, when we discuss exactly that - a gun crime, which needs a criminal and a gun to happen. You accused me of concentrating of a gun instead of a criminal, and you were explicitly asked to tell us how exactly are you going to concentrate on criminal? You did not provide an answer.

And a second one is the post you just replied to (#135), and AGAIN you did not reply.

I never claimed to have a solution to violent crime - that's YOUR strawman, George.

And ESPECIALLY point out where I've said I'd do nothing about crime or criminals - I *REALLY* want to see those posts.

You're again pretending in form of question that I said something which I didn't. Lame.

Funny, you never claim it's lame when YOU do it over and over and over again.

Everyone else, however, can see this post, and two following posts, and see themselves how exactly are you going to fight the violent crime by concentrating on criminals instead of guns. It is pretty obvious now that you have nothing to say on that matter.

And yet ANOTHER mention of your strawman. Sorry, ain't playing your game.

Oh, now we're talking about countries? How about you come back to the USA, George.

Why are you afraid of comparing statistics which show the rates in countries where guns are restricted with the USA? You have something to hide?

USA isn't Europe. We're talking about US laws, not Europe's. Feel free to start another thread for that.

Of course, the Euro bans don't prove your point, either, since they aren't preventing the gun crimes like you say they will - you know, that whole comparison to the Singapore drug ban.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes guns made their crime easier to commit,

They made it possible. Drive-through shooting is another kind of crime which is not possible to commit without a gun.
By the way, do you know how many of this type of crimes are committed in Canada?

but are we to believe that they would be at home hugging their teddy bears if there was a gun ban?

This is a loaded question, which assumes there are only two possibilities - either hugging teddy bears, or murdering children. The world is much more complex than that.