Para_Frog

Scott Ritter - Weapons Inspector, Darling of the left, Cho-Mo

Nerdgirl has the most substantive answer. I'd be interested in your answer to her.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Which part is bullshit?

The darling part? Seriously dude...you're the only one on the planet that can say with a straight face he wasn't a tool for the left in 02-03.

Palin is a darling for the right and she's an idiot.

It happens. Have the integrity to call a duck a duck.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

While perhaps understandable, it's irrational to consider previous accomplishments invalidated due to unrelated subsequent actions.

Yeah...to a lib

:S:S:S

It has nothing to do with political ideology.

And it could easily be deduced that the very same internal motivation to position himself as he did back in 02-03 is the same that made him feel the need to bang a kid.

Ergoooo....they are very related.

Could you please elaborate on why you believe "they are very related?"
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Didn't even see her response in there! Had to go back and look.

Love Marg to death, but (to some degree) disagree.

I was in the Marine Corps. Knew a lot of dirtbag officers. That doesn't exempt one from bad analysis or bad decisions.

It is nearly impossible to completely seperate and empirical analysis from the underlying psyche that conducts it.

(Think Boeing exec who liked getting drilled by horses on the weekends)

I personally question most of his findings based on his questionable financial ties during his tenure. As well as some shit I did in the region in the 90s. It is that same expectation of entitlement that makes him think it's ok for HIM to bang little kids.

Sorry guys, but one brain is the common denominator. Ask Freud. So one degree of seperation.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

You guys will either defend him (as Slate did the last time he got busted - "she was ALMOST legal"), or deny association – like you’re doing.

I see. So even though he is a Republican and was a military consultant for FoxNews, it's "the left" that is distancing themselves from him. Interesting.

I must have missed where 'the right' kept bringing Ritter up in discussion after discussion about the Iraq war.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Didn't even see her response in there! Had to go back and look.

Love Marg to death, but (to some degree) disagree.

I was in the Marine Corps. Knew a lot of dirtbag officers. That doesn't exempt one from bad analysis or bad decisions.

It is nearly impossible to completely seperate and empirical analysis from the underlying psyche that conducts it.

(Think Boeing exec who liked getting drilled by horses on the weekends)

I personally question most of his findings based on his questionable financial ties during his tenure. As well as some shit I did in the region in the 90s. It is that same expectation of entitlement that makes him think it's ok for HIM to bang little kids.

Sorry guys, but one brain is the common denominator. Ask Freud. So one degree of seperation.

You don't even make sense.
>I personally question most of his findings based on...
??? With the lovely benefit of hindsight, we know that his opinion was correct.
You may question his motives or his methods based on what we now know about him, but nothing is going to change that he was right.

How long were you at an OP on the border with Syria?

Just curious.

I didn't think you could possibly come back and make less sense. Congratulations.

I'll probably regret this, but you are insinuating that while you were at an OP on the Syrian border you personally gathered intel that was proof of WMD. Further, that intel has something to do with Scott Ritter's current arrest and pending trial.
I realize I'm leaving out the "darling of the left" angle here, but I can't come up with any way to get it in there.

Wait, I got it: You intercepted radio transmissions of him soliciting underage Syrian boys after his nightly broadcast on Air America?

It only sounds stupid because it is.

Yes, because opsec dictates I plaster shit like that all over an internet forum. Wow.

Pointing out that you're inflexibility invalidates your position.

Your obvious by-in to a single source explains why my posts are confounding you, so you get a pass.

I will extend that you don't know me, or anything I have done, so another pass. Marg does - ask her.

Ritter's arrest and pending trial speak to internal motivations. Those motivations can be drawn into a discussion of any decision he's ever made. Period. Marg disagrees with me here, and we'll probably have a fun back and forth off post about it. I respect her opinion.

Google Mike Delong. Also a Marine Officer. And his clearance was probably a tad higher than mine or Marg's...which is saying something. But since his assessment doesn't match the left's - he's probably full of shit. So nevermind.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

I will extend that you don't know me, or anything I have done, so another pass.

Feel free to explain how your background is relevant.

Well, it's all very hush hush and top secret . . . he could tell you but . . . ya know.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yes, because opsec dictates I plaster shit like that all over an internet forum. Wow.

Your obvious by-in to a single source explains why my posts are confounding you, so you get a pass.

I will extend that you don't know me, or anything I have done, so another pass. Marg does - ask her.

Ritter's arrest and pending trial speak to internal motivations. Those motivations can be drawn into a discussion of any decision he's ever made. Period. Marg disagrees with me here, and we'll probably have a fun back and forth off post about it. I respect her opinion.

Google Mike Delong. Also a Marine Officer. And his clearance was probably a tad higher than mine or Marg's...which is saying something. But since his assessment doesn't match the left's - he's probably full of shit. So nevermind.

You are a BASE jumper. Have you ever trespassed to make a jump?

I'm actually trying to understand you, but you're not making sense.
Essentially what you are saying is: You have proof of WMD. Scott Ritter was actually wrong and the revelation that he is a pedophile validates it.

Its a little more than a stretch.

No. What I'm saying is that the only facts you're relying on are Ritter, et.al.

What I'm saying is that you WEREN'T. (Unless you were with 5th SFG or MARSOC, in which case I would wonder how this is all lost on you)

You're totally discounting a very valid piece of the whole argument.

But I'm tired of explaining it to you. Crack a book.

Be open to the idea that Syria is and has been the 21st century tactical equivalent of Laos in from 66-75.

Alas...we've drifted.

Fact 1 - Ritter was a weapons inspector
Fact 2 - Sorry quade, but he was a darling of the left
Fact 3 - Cho Mo. Although I'm waiting for the "But he hasn't been convicted of anything" argument.

I assert that his disregard for statute can be correlated to his motivations and thus his analyses in the past. Calling them into question.

There are those who disagree. Good on ya.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

I will extend that you don't know me, or anything I have done, so another pass.

Feel free to explain how your background is relevant.

Well, it's all very hush hush and top secret . . . he could tell you but . . . ya know.

No shit, there I was, about to make a HALO jump from the shuttle. Again.
Remster

What I'm saying is that you WEREN'T. (Unless you were with 5th SFG or MARSOC, in which case I would wonder how this is all lost on you)

You're totally discounting a very valid piece of the whole argument.

But I'm tired of explaining it to you. Crack a book.

Be open to the idea that Syria is and has been the 21st century tactical equivalent of Laos in from 66-75.

Alas...we've drifted.

Fact 1 - Ritter was a weapons inspector
Fact 2 - Sorry quade, but he was a darling of the left
Fact 3 - Cho Mo. Although I'm waiting for the "But he hasn't been convicted of anything" argument.

I assert that his disregard for statute can be correlated to his motivations and thus his analyses in the past. Calling them into question.

There are those who disagree. Good on ya.

> Fact 1 - Ritter was a weapons inspector
Related fact: He was right about WMD in Iraq.

> Fact 2 - Sorry quade, but he was a darling of the left
Your opinion and thus completely irrelevant to any factual information.

> Fact 3 - Cho Mo. Although I'm waiting for the "But he hasn't been convicted of anything" argument
Don't look now, but you are the only one saying that. Whether he is convicted of the crimes he is charged with now will not change the fact that he was right about WMD in Iraq more than a decade ago.

> I assert that his disregard for statute can be correlated to his motivations and thus his analyses in the past. Calling them into question.
You are making a correlation between two completely unrelated events. Its just ridiculous. Its like me saying its cloudy today, thus Microsoft shares will go up. It makes zero sense. If you refuse to see that, no amount of evidence to the contrary will be enough to convince you. So, you win. Scott Ritter is a pedophile, therefore WMD were in Iraq. You'll be famous. Make sure they get your good side for all the interviews.

I assert that his disregard for statute can be correlated to his motivations and thus his analyses in the past. Calling them into question. …

So, by your own acknowledgement, Ritter provided facts with his assertions that Iraq did not have WMD (fair enough, hindsight shows that to be accurate). But, you think that those facts are somehow invalidated because Ritter used poor judgement when masturbating.

Should we also invalidate Special Relativity Theory because Einstein subsequently had an incestuous relationship with a first and second cousin? Truth and logic don't work that way.

I assert that his disregard for statute can be correlated to his motivations and thus his analyses in the past. Calling them into question. …

So, by your own acknowledgement, Ritter provided facts with his assertions that Iraq did not have WMD (fair enough, hindsight shows that to be accurate). But, you think that those facts are somehow invalidated because Ritter used poor judgement when masturbating.

Should we also invalidate Special Relativity Theory because Einstein subsequently had an incestuous relationship with a first and second cousin? Truth and logic don't work that way.

What do truth and logic have to do with a right wing diatribe?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

K - Why the label doc? If you'd paid attention...you'd also identify many of my liberal opinions. That's where we differ. I'm not a hate-a-position-at-all-costs kinda guy. I think pot should be legal, gays should be able to marry, and organized religion is a sham. You just like taking shots because of that internal conflict about my profession. You have only one opinion on everything and no originality. Anyone on this board can predict what you'll say about any topic.

If I have a question about material sciences - you'll be the first person I call.

Quade - Slightly (ok very) disrespectful, and to be expected.

Rem - Funny story related to that phrase, a bar, and a drunk blonde at a certain Marine Corps ball in the 90s. And painfully true. (it's door-gunner on the space shuttle, get it right)

Ddude - we disagree. Impasse. But simply dismissing it as phooey shreds your position of higher logical ground. By definition, lack of flexibility is illogical.

Edit: Let's drift this thread to another important topic...the 2011 BCS Champion Boise State Broncos. C'mon!
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

Do your homework on the current case. Fail.

You just broke the irony meter.

Interesting how you keep avoiding offering anything remotely resembling an answer to my questions.

Feel free to support your assertions with some evidence, but your posts thus far in this thread demonstrate a considerable lack of understanding of logic and truth.

So far we know that Ritter correctly claimed that Iraq had no WMD (which you've stipulated as a fact). Please explain how Ritter's wholly unrelated actions several years later somehow changes the fact that Iraq had no WMD.

Been explained - twice in this thread. But your calling child enticement "bad decision while masturbating" disqualifies you from the expendature of my time.

Go make a bad decision...take some cheetos.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA