Para_Frog

Scott Ritter - Weapons Inspector, Darling of the left, Cho-Mo

Douche.

Link

Former UN weapons inspector in Iraq is charged in Pennsylvania child-sex sting
By Associated Press

9:21 AM PST, January 14, 2010

STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A former U.N. weapons inspector in Iraq is facing child-sex charges.

Scott Ritter, of Delmar, N.Y., is charged in Pennsylvania with unlawful sexual contact with a minor for alleged online exchanges with police posing as a 15-year-old girl. The Pocono Record first reported the case Thursday.

Monroe County authorities say they traced the exchange through his cell phone number. Police say Ritter gave them a video of him masturbating during an Internet chat.

The 48-year-old Ritter has been free on bail since a December court appearance. He has acknowledged facing similar 2001 charges in New York that were dismissed.

Ritter declined to comment Thursday to reporters outside his home.

He resigned in 1998 after seven years as a UN weapons inspector and was a harsh critic of the war in Iraq.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Darling of the left?

Why yes, I suppose we were talking about him just the other day and how he was going to run for President once Obama's second term was over.

Darling? Seriously?

Oh wait, yes, that's right he is a Republican that called bullshit on GWB's WMD claims. Yes, that does make him the left's "darling" simply because he told the truth doesn't it?

No, actually if you want to understand who's "darling" he really was, you might want to look up who financed Ritter's documentary In Shifting Sands: The Truth About Unscom and the Disarming of Iraq. Shady yes, but nothing to do with "the left".
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Douche.

Link

Former UN weapons inspector in Iraq is charged in Pennsylvania child-sex sting
By Associated Press

9:21 AM PST, January 14, 2010

STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A former U.N. weapons inspector in Iraq is facing child-sex charges.

Scott Ritter, of Delmar, N.Y., is charged in Pennsylvania with unlawful sexual contact with a minor for alleged online exchanges with police posing as a 15-year-old girl. The Pocono Record first reported the case Thursday.

Monroe County authorities say they traced the exchange through his cell phone number. Police say Ritter gave them a video of him masturbating during an Internet chat.

The 48-year-old Ritter has been free on bail since a December court appearance. He has acknowledged facing similar 2001 charges in New York that were dismissed.

Ritter declined to comment Thursday to reporters outside his home.

He resigned in 1998 after seven years as a UN weapons inspector and was a harsh critic of the war in Iraq.

Some "detail" not in your link

The undercover officer then told Ritter he was a 15-year-old girl from the Poconos region of Pennsylvania, at which point Ritter asked for a picture in addition to one "Emily" had posted on her account, according to the affidavit prepared by Barrett Township Police Det. Ryan Venneman.

Ritter then sent a link to his Web camera and began to masturbate while it was focused on his genitals, according to the affidavit. The former U.N. official then allegedly provided his cell phone number.

"He then continued to masturbate on web cam and he again asked how old I was," the affidavit continued. "He was advised again that I was 15 years old. He said he didn't realize that I was 15 years old and turned off his web camera. He stated that he didn't want to get in trouble."

Ritter then allegedly told the "girl" that he fantasized about having sex with her, to which the officer replied, "guess u turned it off [no problem]."

Ritter then asked the girl if she "want[ed] to see it finish" before reactivating his Web camera and ejaculating, the affidavit read.

• Click here to read the criminal complaint.

The conversation with the girl allegedly took place on Feb. 7, 2009, but the police investigation investigation lasted until November. Ritter was arrested on Nov. 9 and charged with unlawful contact with a minor, criminal use of a communications facility, corruption of minors, indecent exposure, possessing instruments of crime, criminal attempt and criminal solicitation.

Ritter appeared for his preliminary hearing on Dec. 17 and waived the felony charge of unlawful contact with a minor. He remains free on $25,000 bail.

Ritter's attorney, Todd Henry, of Philadelphia, did not return several calls seeking comment Thursday.

A press conference on the matter to be held by the Barrett Township Police Department is scheduled for 4 p.m. Thursday. Monroe County Assistant District Attorney Michael Rakaczewski will prosecute the case.

A press release issued in November by the Barrett Township police noted that the incident wasn't the first time Ritter had been arrested on similar charges, but that he had not been formally charged.

Ritter was reportedly charged in a June 2001 sex sting in New York, but the case was dismissed. He had been charged with attempted child endangerment after arranging to meet a person he thought was a 16-year-old girl at a fast-food restaurant. The girl was actually an undercover police officer.

The New York Post reported Ritter was caught in a similar case in April 2001 involving a 14-year-old girl, but he was never charged.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Shifting Sands was paid for by someone who was indicted in the UN oil for food program. It was a hit piece.

Are you serious? Using that as a source?

It was dismissed as a subsidized sham. Dude...that's the best you can do?
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

Because it speaks to the character and integrity of the man.

And kinda completes the circle of good jarhead>Mediocre inspector>douchebag sellout to middle east interests opposed to US intervention>child predator.

And yes...the left glommed all over this dude back in the day, so don't give me the he was a republican bullshit.

And Quade - He was a darling of the left. Denying that makes you a pathetic revisionist.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

Shifting Sands was paid for by someone who was indicted in the UN oil for food program. It was a hit piece.
Are you serious? Using that as a source?
It was dismissed as a subsidized sham. Dude...that's the best you can do?

My point is . . . if you wanna bag on the guy, there are better reasons than trying to associate him with "the left". I don't think anybody in "the left" has ever held this guy up as a shining example of moralism. True, they did appreciate the fact he was a Republican that spoke truth to power, but they also saw the results of that.

My main point being, just because somebody knew there weren't WMDs and told GWB he was full of shit, doesn't make the guy the "darling" of the left. It simply means the guy was actually doing his job without regard to his own career or political affiliations.

Don't bring "the left" into it when he was a REPUBLICAN at the time he stood up for what was actually correct.
quade -

I think we should closely examine the correlation between his criminal charges and the work he did as a weapons inspector. In all fairness, since you're the OP, I'll let you go first.

Sorry...if you like to choke ur chicken to 15 yo girls on the interent it doesn't matter to me what other work you've done. It's immediately invalidated as coming from a sick, perverted individual who doesn't think right.

P.S. - I don't care if your left, right, or center either.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Lumping two completely separate things together takes away from both.

He was right about Iraq. Doesn't mean much now, but it's true.

He's probably going to prison - the bad kind - for a long time. If the allegations are true, I hope he never sees the light of day again regardless of what his job was eleven years ago.

They paraded him around as the oracle of reason during the run-up. By every conceivable definition, he was indeed a darling. To the media, to the liberal intelligencia, the press, and the anti-war movement.

It sure as hell wasn't the knuckleheads on the right.

I have made a very strong illustration of the hypocracy surrounding the left. Had this been, say, (insert formerly respectable righty here), most conservatives would call him a douche as well and that's that.

You guys will either defend him (as Slate did the last time he got busted - "she was ALMOST legal"), or deny association – like you’re doing.

It would be so refreshing to see one of you go "Yeah, we loved him, but man he's a douche now."

You lack the capacity to do so. All liberals do.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

John Atchison did a lot of fine work as a prosecutor for this country. Republican darling btw.

But he's where he should be. Dead. Worst of the worst kind of douche. I would have been just tickled to have dispatched him myself.

And it calls into question all of the work he's done. Can't escape that. I don't care if Ritter correctly guessed the return of FSM - his behavior now is a reflection of his motivations then. Which, btw were monetary - not the pursuit of truth and justice.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

It would be so refreshing to see one of you go "Yeah, we loved him, but man he's a douche now."

You lack the capacity to do so. All liberals do.

Yeah, we loved hi[s analysis], but man he's a douche now. I thought he pretty jerky as person before that for reasons having to do with other behaviors. He was really nasty to a friend of mine and is something of a sexist. My not liking his person didn't make parts of his analysis less accurate.

Ritter’s criticism of US policy regarding Iraqi WMDs and his arrest for being a “douchebag” have no connection. Ritter was also a US Marine Corps officer. That is more connected to his willingness to speak out w/r/t policy w/which he disagreed, imo, and it has absolutely no connection to his recent arrest as well.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

You guys will either defend him (as Slate did the last time he got busted - "she was ALMOST legal"), or deny association – like you’re doing.

I see. So even though he is a Republican and was a military consultant for FoxNews, it's "the left" that is distancing themselves from him. Interesting.
quade -

Sorry...if you like to choke ur chicken to 15 yo girls on the interent it doesn't matter to me what other work you've done. It's immediately invalidated as coming from a sick, perverted individual who doesn't think right.

While perhaps understandable, it's irrational to consider previous accomplishments invalidated due to unrelated subsequent actions.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Lame dude...who the hell said the left was distancing themselves from him? That's my point - they're NOT. It's a denial of ever associating with him. But but...he's a republican! Cop out bullshit...and typical.

The republicans distanced themselves from him in 03. When he was embraced by the left - did you even read anything or watch tv that year? I'm gonna go register democrat tomorrow dude. So I can say all my opinions are from a democrat.

YOU are denying association by pointing him out as a republican. And again - validating my point.

Repeat after me, "Yeah, we loved him, but man did he turn out to be a douche."
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

While perhaps understandable, it's irrational to consider previous accomplishments invalidated due to unrelated subsequent actions.

Yeah...to a lib. And it could easily be deduced that the very same internal motivation to position himself as he did back in 02-03 is the same that made him feel the need to bang a kid.

Ergoooo....they are very related.

Same as my republican darling example. Every one of the cases he prosecuted could and most likely should be brought under additional scrutiny.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

Repeat after me, "Yeah, we loved him, but man did he turn out to be a douche."

I'll call him a douche all day long if you want, but he wasn't the "Darling of the left" as you stated in your thread title.
quade -

Bullshit. Google the phrase all you want and the only time you'll see it is . . . wait for it . . . in today's talking points from the Republicans.

You're not even being original in your divisiveness. You just copied and pasted the bullshit.
quade -