SpeedRacer

Pat Robertson acting like, well, himself, again.

I recently heard some researchers are starting to think computer games can help people who are showing signs of developing Alzheimers since it helps them keep their brain active with their eye hand coordination. Clearly Pat Robinson has lost it. He needs to spend more time with an xBox or Play Station and less time talking on the 700 Club.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I recently heard some researchers are starting to think computer games can help people who are showing signs of developing Alzheimers since it helps them keep their brain active with their eye hand coordination. Clearly Pat Robinson has lost it. He needs to spend more time with an xBox or Play Station and less time talking on the 700 Club.

Yes, but what games would he actually be able to play without his brain exploding from either consorting with demons and zombies to killing cops and hookers: Hello Kitty Adventure Island?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Either he improves, or his brain explodes. Personally, I see that as a win-win situation

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

He's an entertainer, and thus he needs publicity; and in his game, there's almost no such thing as bad publicity. Either he needs money for something, or he's feeling lonely and ignored. He's doing the same thing Limbaugh or Coulter or Sharpton do whenever they need some publicity - saying some kind of outrageous shit that will get him in the news - and then he will cry all the way to the bank.

Hmm. I wonder what sort of sin was responsible for his losing the GOP nomination in 1988?

At one time I had some fairly close connections to Mr. Robertson. I was even a featured testimony on the 700 Club and represented Vietnam veterans on Straight Talk.

IMO, he lost out due to unethical funding practices.

In defense of his statements regarding Haiti and not obtaining the GOP nomination I offer the following Scripture:

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

IMO, he lost out due to unethical funding practices.

Could have been that. Or it could be because he's a kook.

I do believe we need to respect people's religious beliefs (when they keep those beliefs to themselves). But Pat Robertson is just a kook.

Before his alzheimers completely sets in, someone needs to explain to him that Haiti is located on the the Caribbean Plate and that the Caribbean Plate borders the North American Plate, the South American Plate, the Nazca Plate and the Cocos Plate. These borders are regions of intense seismic activity, including frequent earthquakes, occasional tsunamis and volcanic eruptions. How else did Haiti come to be? Does he think it was just created out of thin air? LOL

But maybe good ole Pat believes that hell is located deep within the core of the Earth and if that is the case maybe Patty is right and we are the ones who are kooks. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

In defense of his statements regarding Haiti and not obtaining the GOP nomination I offer the following Scripture:

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap

Pat Robertson's statements about the Haitian earthquake, 9/11, and Katrina ARE mocking God, it seems to me. Natural disasters are NOT just, and are incapable of caring about mankind's sins.

For example, he said that Katrina was God's wrath about the legalization of abortion in America. But some Muslim religious types were saying it was God's punishment for the invasion of Iraq.

Problems with this type of BS:

1) How does Robertson explain hurricanes that happened before Roe vs. Wade, such as Gavleston, TX?

2) The above example shows that ANYONE with a political or religious agenda can go ahead and slap on any supposed "meaning" on any natural disaster that takes place.

3) The Bible clearly deals with the VERY REAL issue that this world IS NOT a just place, that bad things, including natural disasters, DO happen to good people. GOD cares about good vs. evil, but earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis don't have the capacity to care.

Robertson's statements are primitive and superstitious and manipulative, and make a mockery of Christianity.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Hey!>:(
Pat is one of the finest examples in his profession!
And I'm sure his peers, such as Jerry Lewis, and Adam Sandler, would agree.:ph34r:

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Apparently the earthquake in Haiti is punishment for a pact with the Devil.

Someone please explain, why absolutely no bad news is coming out of the Dominican Republic.

Sorry, but a 7.0 earthquake, isn't just going to stop, at the border.

>Someone please explain, why absolutely no bad news is coming out of
>the Dominican Republic.

Because they were 150 miles further away from the epicenter, and their greater wealth in general meant better-constructed buildings and more rugged infrastructure.

>Galatians 6:7
>Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he
>will also reap.

Well, you could just as well apply that to 9/11 - but I don't think that's all that valid either.

Well, there is that thing about our desire to perpetuate infanticide through abortion. But, hey that karma is just on the females.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.