rhys

Who has killed someone? In combat or for self defence.

killing has never been nice to do. but it does happen people have guns1 because its a fun hobby 2 gives them something to do 3 because the world is not a nice place. someone sometime may try to take something from them that can only be defended with a weapon, like their life loved ones or property. i dont carry for fun. i dont carry to look cool. i carry a weapon because the world is a really fucked up place.

One can choose to be where one want's, unless of course thay are on a dictatorship.

i personally would rather choose to not live in a place where if fwlt i needed a gun to be safe.

I have never been to a place where i felt that was the case, and i have been in downtown LA, moscow, sydney, and many other places arond the workd with millions of people.

where is that you live that is so violent that you need to carry a gun in order to be safe?

s you said there skipy,

i am from New Zealand, that would be like me calling you a canadian!

i dont carry to look cool. i carry a weapon because the world is a really fucked up place. as you said there skipy, "yet it seems many want nothing other than death and destruction." you might take a weapons education course just to see what its about a little bit.

How about you tell me where I might have to carry a gun in order to be safe and I might try to avoid going there, I think that i wil find that carrying a gun will actually make me less safe, but try telling that to gun idiots.

No piece of my property is worth defending my life with.

if i travel I will have insurance, if someong muggs me, i'll simply give them what they want.

If you pull a gun out, you will be gambling your life, your choice, but a fucking stupid idea!

'please' enlighten me as to where it is that is so violent that you need to carry a gun, in order to survive?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

No piece of my property is worth defending my life with.

if i travel I will have insurance, if someong muggs me, i'll simply give them what they want.

And when they say "Oh, and I'm taking your wife/girlfriend/child, too" - what do you do then?

If you pull a gun out, you will be gambling your life, your choice, but a fucking stupid idea!

Relying on the good graces of someone with a weapon that has just PROVEN (by robbing you) that he has no interest in your well-being is a MUCH better idea - glad you thought of it.

please' enlighten me as to where it is that is so violent that you need to carry a gun, in order to survive?

Please enlighten us to the houses that are SO safe that there is no need to carry fire insurance. Please enlighten us to the cars that are SO safe that there is no need to carry auto insurance.

Glad to know that YOU can instantly tell who is a criminal and who isn't - must make it easy to avoid JUST the bad people.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Not everybody gets to choose where they live, even in a free society. Manner people are stuck, even if temporarily, in places that are not very safe. If you don't believe me i would be happy to drive you through a couple next time you are in the States. During daylight of course. Driving through there at night is just asking for trouble.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Not everybody gets to choose where they live, even in a free society.

In america, anyone can do anything they desire.

They just need to fnd the motivation to do so!

i left my family behind (in a safe place) to find my dreams. what is stopping anyone else?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

And when they say "Oh, and I'm taking your wife/girlfriend/child, too" - what do you do then?

You watch too many violent movies, when is that last time you ever knew anyone that that had happened to.

sht does happen, yes, but I am not going to live in fear.

I have yet to experience such an ordeal, and I cannot say I will never experience it, but you know what, I'll enjoy my life to the maximum until it does.

It is people who 'want' guns tht are more inclined to express these violent tendencies, than ones that do not.

Where do 'you' suggest one might find it essential to carry a gun in order to survive?

just so i know not to go there!

Who has killed someone? In combat or for self defence.

Since there are so many in here that talk about guns and enjoy them, I wonder if there is anyone here that frequents the SC that has actually had to use one for real, and how they felt about doing so.

Even if you 'know' someone that has, and can give details on the psycolocical effects it had on them, I would also be interested to know?

Never pointed, shot at or killed anybody with any gun
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Not everybody gets to choose where they live, even in a free society.

In america, anyone can do anything they desire.

They just need to fnd the motivation to do so!

i left my family behind (in a safe place) to find my dreams. what is stopping anyone else?

This ain't Hollywood. In real life motivation isn't enough. Real life sucks for a lot of people.
HAMMER:

You watch too many violent movies, when is that last time you ever knew anyone that that had happened to.

See for yourself.

sht does happen, yes, but I am not going to live in fear.

Well, except of those HORRIBLE guns, escaping from safes and cabinets and shooting up innocent neighborhoods.

Keep your eye on this one, especially.

I have yet to experience such an ordeal, and I cannot say I will never experience it, but you know what, I'll enjoy my life to the maximum until it does.

Good for you - so will I.

Where do 'you' suggest one might find it essential to carry a gun in order to survive?

You first - answer my questions that you snipped out, first.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This ain't Hollywood. In real life motivation isn't enough. Real life sucks for a lot of people.

It sure does suck for alot of people. but he lack of motivation come from tht 'suck' factor.

The truth is, that anyone, in america, new zealand, australia... can achieve what they wish.

They can eat f they don't have money, they can get clothes if they don't have any and they can sleep if they dont have a home.

Keeping the motivation 'up' in such dire siuations is 'indeed' the hardest task of all, but to say it is not possible for anyone (who is not physically or mentally impared) to succeed is a cop out and disrespectful to all those that have managed to do so in the past.

sorry kiwi. type in tourist murdered in google then read for a few hours. pregnant woman has throat slit in puerto rico. journalist murdered in mexico city. A teenage boy who murdered British tourist Karen Aim in New Zealand. A US tourist was killed and two other people injured in Beijing on Saturday after a Chinese man attacked. BANGKOK, Thailand: Police investigating the murder of a Swedish tourist in Thailand said Sunday the woman was taking a walk on the beach. that was just the first page. the only common thread i see, all were unarmed
The skies are no longer safe

I'm back

sorry kiwi. type in tourist murdered in google then read for a few hours. pregnant woman has throat slit in puerto rico. journalist murdered in mexico city. A teenage boy who murdered British tourist Karen Aim in New Zealand. A US tourist was killed and two other people injured in Beijing on Saturday after a Chinese man attacked. BANGKOK, Thailand: Police investigating the murder of a Swedish tourist in Thailand said Sunday the woman was taking a walk on the beach. that was just the first page. the only common thread i see, all were unarmed

Are you suggesting that we should not travel, or if we do we should ensure we have a gun on us for protection?

The fear mongering has really worked in the US hasn't it.

Is that why you guys don't travel as much as other nations?

you don't read in the news about the millions of people that trval in the same places and have a splendid time do you?

the ratio of those that are ttacked and those that are not,doesn't warrant everybody needing personal protection.

Using common sence, avoiding problem places and not attracting attention to yourself might help but arming everyone sure does not!

It only makes the problem exponentially worse!

Are you suggesting that we should not travel, or if we do we should ensure we have a gun on us for protection?

No, he's just showing that it's NOT just the gunowners that start violence, as you asserted above.

The fear mongering has really worked in the US hasn't it.

What fear mongering? YOU are the one going on about how those evil guns are killing everyone.

Is that why you guys don't travel as much as other nations?

The USA has mountains, forests, beaches, seashores, meadows, lakes - just like a lot of places around the world. It's also a fair bit more expensive to get from the USA to the other continents, comparatively speaking.

you don't read in the news about the millions of people that trval in the same places and have a splendid time do you?

You don't read in the news about the millions of people that WEREN'T killed by those evil guns either, now do you?

the ratio of those that are ttacked and those that are not,doesn't warrant everybody needing personal protection.

Same for the US

Using common sence, avoiding problem places and not attracting attention to yourself might help

Same for the US.

but arming everyone sure does not!

Who is saying that, besides YOU?

It only makes the problem exponentially worse!

Your opinion. I'm pretty sure that the people mentioned in his post didn't draw their last breaths thinking "Wow, I'm glad I didn't have any way to defend myself."

It's like having a fire extinguisher in the kitchen - you HOPE you don't need it, but it's AWFULLY nice to have when you DO need it - and you never know just WHEN you MAY need it.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"The truth is, that anyone, in america, new zealand, australia... can achieve what they wish."

Bullshit. That is just a fairy-tale fantasy. I've seen plenty of people who have risen from nothing to success, but the cold hard fact is that no matter how much motivation a person has, that alone is not enough. I seriously doubt if you will ever see a severely autistic child ever grow up to be CEO of a Fortune 500 company.
HAMMER:

you believe the world is that simple? That a mugger just wants your stuff? I suppose it depends on where you travel, but that's a pretty naive viewpoint (I believe).
--
Rob

you believe the world is that simple? That a mugger just wants your stuff? I suppose it depends on where you travel, but that's a pretty naive viewpoint (I believe).

I believe that ;

a. not travelling at all because you are too scared

or

b, carrying a gun all the time out of fear.

Is a bit nieve.

I'm not a loud ass, arrogant, violent, trouble maker though, and I probably avoid alot of trouble through mutual respect and understanding.

the scared and 'outstanding' are usully the first targets!

kind of a mute point unless you travel as a tourist with a gun.
I just spent the last 12 months traveling the world, and you would have to be shit out of luck to get mugged or murdered any where i went and i backpacked everywhere, and caught local public transport everywhere.

The only times i i would consider myself at risk is if I were in seedier parts of town or fraternising in areas where you KNOW it's dodgy.

Go looking for trouble anywhere in the world and you can find it. Likewise, personal security and general safety is also easily found.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I believe that ;

a. not travelling at all because you are too scared

or

b, carrying a gun all the time out of fear.

Is a bit nieve.

I'm not a loud ass, arrogant, violent, trouble maker though, and I probably avoid alot of trouble through mutual respect and understanding.

the scared and 'outstanding' are usully the first targets!

are you making the assumption that I do both A and B?

I agree, by the way, that both of those would be pretty naive as well.

so you're just blending in with the crowd, trying not to be a first target? There's nothing wrong with that, but if that's all you're doing, I hope you never have to rely on that strategy of personal defense.
--
Rob

I'm not so much dwelling on people dying in a horrible fashion, it is just the glorification of it, that bewilders me.

The fact that no one has answered you pretty much says no one is glorifying it.

I wonder what all the fuss is about because i'm sure as this thread shows, killing people is not a very nice thing to do, whatever the circumstance

And you will see no one has said it was a nice thing to do... Of course, dying at the hands of a criminal is not a nice thing to do either.

Yet playing with and owning multipule weapons designed for such actions is considered 'cool', here in the speakers corner.

Hook turns and cross braced canopy's have killed and yet this form has people talking about how cool they are.

Personaly I hate warfare weapons and killing, I know people don't need to die,

I don't think anyone likes the idea of killing.... And no posts here have backed your theory.

If you could just get the criminals to agree that people don't need to die... Then we might be getting somewhere.

i personally would rather choose to not live in a place where if fwlt i needed a gun to be safe.

I don't think anyone moves to a place where they think they need a gun.

I have never been to a place where i felt that was the case,

Maybe you just didn't notice or were lucky.

where is that you live that is so violent that you need to carry a gun in order to be safe?

Think of it as an AAD. They cost about the same and you hope you don't need either.

How about you tell me where I might have to carry a gun in order to be safe and I might try to avoid going there

As would most people. But criminals don't obey city lines.

I think that i wil find that carrying a gun will actually make me less safe, but try telling that to gun idiots.

And you know this from???? Ever carry a gun, or are you just acting like the whuffo that says skydiving is stupid?

You calling people "idiots" is your idea of not being a trouble maker?

You thinking only YOUR opinion is correct is not arrogant?

You really don't seem to be interested in others opinions... Just yelling yours at them.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

'please' enlighten me as to where it is that is so violent that you need to carry a gun, in order to survive?

Truthfully?...Just about any Fri or Sat night in most inner-city areas of Detroit, Atlanta, Philly, Newark, etc..

WHY I CARRY A GUN...

My old grandpa said to me son, there comes a time in every mans life when he stops bustin knuckles and starts bustin caps and usually it's When he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin!

I don't carry a gun to kill people, I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people, I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid, I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil, I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government, I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry, I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone, I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy, I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man, I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate, I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it, I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin!

..author unknown (but obviously brilliant)