rhys

Who has killed someone? In combat or for self defence.

Who has killed someone? In combat or for self defence.

Since there are so many in here that talk about guns and enjoy them, I wonder if there is anyone here that frequents the SC that has actually had to use one for real, and how they felt about doing so.

Even if you 'know' someone that has, and can give details on the psycolocical effects it had on them, I would also be interested to know?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I know several people who have taken the life of another in a war. None will talk about it unless specifically asked and a couple won't discuss it even then. With that in mind i think it is safe to say I have friends who have killed in combat but i will never know they did.
Virtually everyone I know that will start a discussion about the pros and cons of different types of guns for combat and self defense has never had to use one in either of those situations.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

You seem to be making an assumption that every case of using a gun in self-defense means you killed someone.
In an article a read years ago by Massad Ayoob, he had data indicating that in ~12/13 incidents where a gun is drawn,
the attacker backed off w/o a shot being fired.

I know two personal acquaintances who stopped an attack just by showing a gun.
(Two unrelated incidents).
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

So you are posting from Folsom, eh?[:/]

I guess he turned 21 in prison doing life without parole, too. I bet no one could steer him right, but his Momma tried.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I guess he turned 21 in prison doing life without parole, too. I bet no one could steer him right, but his Momma tried.

Or singing him back home before he dies.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Or singing him back home before he dies.

"I sang Dixie... as he died."

Chuck

people die in horrible fashion. dont dwell on it

I'm not so much dwelling on people dying in a horrible fashion, it is just the glorification of it, that bewilders me.

I wonder what all the fuss is about because i'm sure as this thread shows, killing people is not a very nice thing to do, whatever the circumstance. Yet playing with and owning multipule weapons designed for such actions is considered 'cool', here in the speakers corner.

I wondered what all the fuss is about?

Personaly I hate warfare weapons and killing, I know people don't need to die, our earth can support more than its current population, yet it seems many want nothing other than death and destruction.

I simply don't 'get it'!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

killing has never been nice to do. but it does happen people have guns1 because its a fun hobby 2 gives them something to do 3 because the world is not a nice place. someone sometime may try to take something from them that can only be defended with a weapon, like their life loved ones or property. i dont carry for fun. i dont carry to look cool. i carry a weapon because the world is a really fucked up place. as you said there skipy, "yet it seems many want nothing other than death and destruction." you might take a weapons education course just to see what its about a little bit.
The skies are no longer safe

I'm back

Personaly I hate warfare weapons and killing, I know people don't need to die, our earth can support more than its current population, yet it seems many want nothing other than death and destruction.

I simply don't 'get it'!

So the panic over millions of people dying, becuase of global warming, is a farce..... I thought so.

I'm not so much dwelling on people dying in a horrible fashion, it is just the glorification of it, that bewilders me.

I wonder what all the fuss is about because i'm sure as this thread shows, killing people is not a very nice thing to do, whatever the circumstance. Yet playing with and owning multipule weapons designed for such actions is considered 'cool', here in the speakers corner.

I wondered what all the fuss is about?

I simply don't 'get it'!

You will get it when your placid little world is folded up around you by the actions of some of your fellow human beings. I am just not as trusting as you are in the goodness of human nature. It does not take much of a disaster to bring out the best in some peoples nature.. but in far more cases it brings out their worst.

I would perfer to not be one of the flock that your country is so famous for where there is one human to 13 of the wooly herd animals.

Outside of Christianity and Muslims liking the idea of laying down their life for god, who specifically, glorifies dying or killing?
I don't see how such retarded thinking has anything to do with owning/not owning firearms.