Lucky...

Lush Rimjob hospitalized in serious condition

This is the USA. Anyone has the license to act like a sociopathic asshole. Some people get paid very good money to do it.

The point is, making a lot of money shouldn't justify acting like a sociopathic asshole, some think it does.

You sure seem to care.

The point I was addressing is that just because he pays an average person's lifetime taxes in one year doesn't mean Lush is worth anything; if trhe world was free of its ass-pimple the dollars he gets would go elsewhere, taxes paid by that person or persons.

Most countries base a person's worth on their deeds, we base it upon their house, car, etc.

I bet he does not pay nearly as much in taxes as he should... AMAZING what the rich can do with expenses...and other deductions.

Right. A 35% top brkt is a disguise for low taxes when you factor in huge deductions and amongst the lowest payroll tax rate around.

>Also, he did it for free for years I'm sure, building his following, so he
>is an asshole by nature . . .

But, apparently, an entertaining asshole!

>I was responding to the other poster's assertion that somehow Lush is
>important due to his tax dollars. If he wasn't making money that money
>would go elsewhere and that person or person's would pay the taxs he
>then isn't.

Well, but again, he's one of the people paying a LOT of taxes. Take him away and maybe someone else would fill his role - but maybe not.

It's like anything else. If you got rid of Habitat for Humanity someone else might build those houses. But maybe not. Doesn't mean what they do is worthless.

>Serial killers also have a big following and many marriage proposals;
>what are you saying?

Most people don't consider murders as "worthwhile deeds" whereas they do consider writing bestselling books as "worthwhile deeds." You may disagree.

> Hey, Billy Ray Cirus made it big on one pathetic song; does that mean
>he's worth listening to?

If you like him - it just might.

>Does it mean he's accomplished anything?

Well, but by those standards, who has accomplished anything? Bill Gates is hated by a lot of people as intensely as you hate Limbaugh. Does that mean he hasn't accomplished anything? James Cameron makes nothing material any more, just bit patterns on movie screens. Does that mean he's accomplished nothing?

I bet he does not pay nearly as much in taxes as he should... AMAZING what the rich can do with expenses...and other deductions.

Forgetting how TurboTax works...

Nope.. I use it every year.

I bet ole Lush does not use it though....I would bet that he has a VERY good tax attorney to find every expense and deduction while on his speaking engagements and way he can to avoid paying taxes.

I bet ole Lush does not use it though....I would bet that he has a VERY good tax attorney to find every expense and deduction while on his speaking engagements and way he can to avoid paying taxes.

I guess Geithner should give Limbaugh a call and get a referral, then.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

But, apparently, an entertaining asshole!

We're going circular here, but just because a person is rich, entertaining, etc we shouldn't follow them if they are also depraved and Lush certainly is; I believe his followers are too.

Well, but again, he's one of the people paying a LOT of taxes. Take him away and maybe someone else would fill his role - but maybe not.

Or the advertiser's dollars might go to football or another venue altogether. See, in sociopathic radio, we get to celebrate garbage like Lush. At least with ball sports there are parameters and these were shown as garbage-boy Lush was kicked off his pathetic ESPN gig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGiTv_xRd5A . Props to ESPN, they should have had teh balls to fire him rather than say 'quit or be fired. BTW, McNabb's stats were off the chart over the next year or two after that, just as they had been before and during that. So yes, you are right Bill, Lush gets paid huge for being:

- A racist

- Wrong

- Entertaining like a trainwreck

- Depraved as in laughing at Parkinson's victims

- A hypocrite

The real losers are the listeners/fans.

As for tax dollars, they are realy nothing and the sponsorship would go elsewhere.

It's like anything else. If you got rid of Habitat for Humanity someone else might build those houses. But maybe not. Doesn't mean what they do is worthless.

Now you're confusing charity for grotesque greedy hatred radio. I don't even see that as an abstract comparison. Habitat would likely not be easily replaced, Lush-type garbage would be or the $ would go elsewhere; same thing.

Most people don't consider murders as "worthwhile deeds" whereas they do consider writing bestselling books as "worthwhile deeds." You may disagree.

You're tangenting; I was talking about the following and serial killers have the same cult-like following Lush does.

If you like him - it just might.

Yea, and enough people liked BRS to boost him to stardom on what is considered a joke of a song, wa sthen too by most. All I'm saying is that Lush is producing a POS just as BRS did, all you need are enough lemmings to follow.

Well, but by those standards, who has accomplished anything? Bill Gates is hated by a lot of people as intensely as you hate Limbaugh. Does that mean he hasn't accomplished anything?

Let's see.... perfected the PC vs poking fun at Parkinson's victims..... I see your point :S.

James Cameron makes nothing material any more, just bit patterns on movie screens. Does that mean he's accomplished nothing?

He developes entertainment on the premise of objective fun, fantasy, etc. Lush garbage creates so-called entertainment on the premise of racism and fun at the expense of very ill people. The thread that binds is the entertainment part, I'm sorry if you can't distinguish the other aspects of their entertainment.

so what's wrong with that? knowing how to read the instructions for a schedule C makes you a criminal? So start your own business out of your home. Don't make a profit. Track your expenses. Take the write off. Does that make you a crook?
--
Rob

so what's wrong with that? knowing how to read the instructions for a schedule C makes you a criminal? So start your own business out of your home. Don't make a profit. Track your expenses. Take the write off. Does that make you a crook?

Nope.. but I was stating that I doubt that he pays nearly what some people might think he pays... the more money you have.. the more creative accounting the tax attorneys become.

Lush Rimjob....come on, bro.

Don't know any Lush Rimjob... Come on, bro... You can do it. Try to cut out the BS and try again
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You can do the exact same as long as you stay legal.... just like him.

I am growing more and more to be a fan of a flat rate tax with very few, if any, deductions.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I am growing more and more to be a fan of a flat rate tax with very few, if any, deductions.

It will never happen - the super rich power brokers and their lobbyists and accountants have too much to lose.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ROFLMAO ... yes I am sure Limbaugh uses all avenues available to him under the current tax laws to reduce his taxes. How is he any different than the ubber rich Al Gore? How about the Clintons? What about the Kennedy clan? Are we to believe that any of these ubber rich Liberal elitists don't have their own tax attorneys?

If you want people to not have tax loop holes to jump through then you are going to have to change the tax laws. Wasn't this something Ron Paul was talking about? Did you support Ron Paul's efforts to do away with the tax loop holes? My guess is no ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

It will never happen - the super rich power brokers and their lobbyists and accountants have too much to lose.

I agree AND I very much doubt that the Govt wants to lose the power of the IRS.

>the more money you have.. the more creative accounting the tax attorneys become.

Good for him. If he stays within the law, that's a smart move on his part.

I didn't say it was.. I certainly use every legal deduction I am entitled to... and I still paid more in taxes than a VERY sizable portion of the working population of this country makes in one year.

One difference though is that I usually do not bitch about where my taxes go. I want to live in a society that educates its people adequately so they can be productive members of society. I want to live in a society that takes care of those who truly are in need. I want to live in a society that takes care of the elderly in their waning years who have paid into the system all of their lives and I want my military to buy the weapons it needs to be the best military it can for the next conflict that is forced upon us.. not for nation building.. or for the monetary gain of a very few at the very top. President Eisenhower was very right in his assessment.

>I usually do not bitch about where my taxes go.

"right now my biggest bitch is sending off BILLIONS of our tax dollars to IDIOTS who have misused it and outright STOLEN it in Iraq."

"The same people do not have any issue with the politicians and the administration on the RIGHT who have squanderd billions in waste in Iraq."

"they can still have a nice little adventure in Iraq with a whole lot of right wing Friends of the Admistration getting rich on cost plus no bid contracts."

Everyone bitches about where their taxes go. Different people just have different hot buttons.

Well, Lucky, it appears the Rushter is going to live. I'd bet he was on his way out of this world, found out how happy you were, and pulled through JUST TO PISS YOU OFF!!!
Happy New Year. :)

Like they say, only the good die young. Rush will be here for a while to comment on and make 10's of millions, buit never do anything for America. I call that a parasite.

Lucky for you that listening to his BS is purely optional, but him paying more income taxes in one year than you probably will your entire life is not. I personally can't stand to listen to him, but the taxes he pays on those tens of millions sure come in handy for ol' Uncle Sam.

And you pose that gives him license to act like a sociopathic asshole?

And those advertiser dollars would have gone elsewhere, so who cares they end up with him other than you worship rich people?

Like to take the oportunity to constantly lie about him??:D:D

You all really need a different web site to get your Rush talking points:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It show's he can influence a lot of followers and/or created a niche/cult based upon his style of elitist-love. Hey, Billy Ray Cirus made it big on one pathetic song; does that mean he's worth listening to? Does it mean he's accomplished anything? No, it means he appealed to a group of idiots long enough to bilk millions for nothing. No one will say BRS is meaningful, but people follow Lush with a cult-like approach, a guy who makes fun of Parkinson's victims....suddenly the BRS followers look intelligent and reasonable.

You really are disturbed by anyone, who seems to catch a lucky [Irony, indeed] break, aren't you? Honestly, if you could become a One Hit Wonder, which, at this point, in life, is extremely doubtful, wouldn't you? and you'd be playing your base, to the last dollar. Why can't you just ever say,"Good on him, for hitting it big", whoever it is?

>I usually do not bitch about where my taxes go.

"right now my biggest bitch is sending off BILLIONS of our tax dollars to IDIOTS who have misused it and outright STOLEN it in Iraq."

"The same people do not have any issue with the politicians and the administration on the RIGHT who have squanderd billions in waste in Iraq."

"they can still have a nice little adventure in Iraq with a whole lot of right wing Friends of the Admistration getting rich on cost plus no bid contracts."

Everyone bitches about where their taxes go. Different people just have different hot buttons.

You did notice the very nice correlation to what I posted in all those instances.:ph34r:

Fiscal responsibility to me includes not spending money as it was spent in the previous administration.. something they obviously had no clue about.

I am not against spending money to support our military with what it needs. I am against spending money to support the contractors needs as delineated by their lobbyists. I expect the money to be spent wisely and that includes not buying military systems that were built in support of the last war and are useless in current conflicts or future ones.

> I am against spending money to . . .

And I have no problem with that. You have every right (indeed, a duty) to bitch about where your taxes go if you don't like it. Just like Limbaugh does. (Note that I think he's a pompous windbag, but they have opinions like everyone else.)

How ever we get there, taxes need to be increased, esp for the rich. As I've asked before, show me a major fed tax cut that led to + things. So I don't care how we stack it, what we call it, the country does better under higher taxes.

ROFLMAO ... yes I am sure Limbaugh uses all avenues available to him under the current tax laws to reduce his taxes. How is he any different than the ubber rich Al Gore? How about the Clintons?

You can ROFLMAO all you want, the elitist pig R's cut taxes to benefit themselves, the humble D's raise taxes costing themselves money and helping the country. Of course Kennedy was more of an R than a D in this regard, but as a rule, D's raise taxes at the expense of the rich lawmakers for the benefit of the poor.

If you want people to not have tax loop holes to jump through then you are going to have to change the tax laws. Wasn't this something Ron Paul was talking about? Did you support Ron Paul's efforts to do away with the tax loop holes? My guess is no ...

Ron Paul, right, cut taxes to nothing, end most social svs...there's a role to follow. :S The R's are lucky to have a nut like him around, he makes the R's look 1/2 way descent.