DickMcMahon

December 25th a Pagan holiday

Some say it was Emperor Constantine who converted a December pagan holiday into Christmas in 336 AD. Others say it was Pope Julius who did it in 350 AD as an attempt to bring the Catholic Church into existing social celebrations & traditions.

But, regardless of who did it, what difference does it really make if it happens at the same time paganism holidays did? If they had picked July for Christmas, there were pagan holidays then too.

In fact, I think it would be cool if a modern day pope moved the commemoration of Jesus’ birth to July 4th. That would really mess-up the retailers who have spoiled the existing date … and we could have fireworks too.

Speaker's corner in 3, 2, 1......

I was gonna do that but decided to let someone else say so. :D

we should forget about chriistianism and comfort the muslim society; we dont want to hurt their religious feelings after all!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

we should forget about chriistianism and comfort the muslim society; we dont want to hurt their religious feelings after all!

This is between Christians and Pagans? What do you the Muslims have to do with it?

ETA: Yes I know this thread is getting moved as soon as someone see it...
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

you just didnt get to the thread early enough to post it first...:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

This is between Christians and Pagans? What do you the Muslims have to do with it?

ETA: Yes I know this thread is getting moved as soon as someone see it...

recent things happening in sissyland, check SC for details.. ;)

i only wanted to help out! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

If you're talking about your thread about the swiss ban on minarets, I have already read it... I'll not get into my opinion on that here. It still has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

so, your point is!? this is the BONFIRE.. :D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Some say it was Emperor Constantine who converted a December pagan holiday into Christmas in 336 AD. Others say it was Pope Julius who did it in 350 AD as an attempt to bring the Catholic Church into existing social celebrations & traditions.

But, regardless of who did it, what difference does it really make if it happens at the same time paganism holidays did? If they had picked July for Christmas, there were pagan holidays then too.

In fact, I think it would be cool if a modern day pope moved the commemoration of Jesus’ birth to July 4th. That would really mess-up the retailers who have spoiled the existing date … and we could have fireworks too.

Merry Mithras to you too:D

>we should forget about chriistianism and comfort the muslim society; we
>dont want to hurt their religious feelings after all!

Or we could let them do their thing while we do ours. Not everyone wants to fuck over one religion or another.

check the latest stuff here: canton of zurich bans singing christmas-songs not to hurt muslim childrens religious feelings. several muslim groups taking that minaret-vote to court..

i joined the SVP two days ago, and i always considered myself to be liberal. MY tolerance has been stressed way too long now.. :|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Or we could let them do their thing while we do ours. Not everyone wants to fuck over one religion or another.

the problem seems to be (imo) is that people can not let others be themselves. this country is becoming to controled because a couple people are offended by things that really don't concern them.

What you wrote "Not everyone wants to fuck over one religion or another" may be true but some are trying to "fuck over" many religions and long standing traditions.

the problem seems to be (imo) is that people can not let others be themselves. this country is becoming to controled because a couple people are offended by things that really don't concern them.

What you wrote "Not everyone wants to fuck over one religion or another" may be true but some are trying to "fuck over" many religions and long standing traditions.

and i'm sick and tired of that shit!!!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

> canton of zurich bans singing christmas-songs not to hurt muslim
>childrens religious feelings.

Well, Switzerland just banned minarets so as to not hurt Christian's feelings - a tactic I recall you supporting.

Welcome to your world. I prefer mine, but to each their own.

> canton of zurich bans singing christmas-songs not to hurt muslim
>childrens religious feelings.

Well, Switzerland just banned minarets so as to not hurt Christian's feelings - a tactic I recall you supporting.

Welcome to your world. I prefer mine, but to each their own.

next elections will show a massive landslide to the right.. i'm not alone with that!

dragging peoples votes to court, the PEOPLES VOTE!? NOT the democratic rights "they" were seeking for when they left their countries..

you come here, you adapt; you live your life, fucking RESPECT our traditions..

on that note, something like 20+yrs ago, i remember vividly singing "shalom alyechem" in school; hasnt hurt me nor my religious feelings! ;)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

>next elections will show a massive landslide to the right.. i'm not alone with that!

Sounds like your country is being taken over by a "moral majority" that is offended by things that don't really concern them. Which is fine. Just don't bitch when other people do that to you.

>next elections will show a massive landslide to the right.. i'm not alone with that!

Sounds like your country is being taken over by a "moral majority" that is offended by things that don't really concern them. Which is fine. Just don't bitch when other people do that to you.

i'm not sure if i fully understand what you're trying to say; could you please elaborate!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

you just didnt get to the thread early enough to post it first...:P

I did so! I opened the thread when it was still one post long, I started to type exactly the first line and thought, nah... I've done that enough times. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i'm not sure if i fully understand what you're trying to say; could you please elaborate!?

Well, what if the folks who don't like muslims decide that they don't like alcohol?

Or atheists?

Or sex outside marriage?

Or transvestites?:D:D:D

Seriously, the majority deciding to deny the rights of the minority is never a good thing.

What if the majority decided to allow slavery? Would that make it ok?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo