JohnDeere

For all of you Beck lovers!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. How's that working out for you libs?:D:D:D:D:D You go ahead and keep repressing the poor and they will stay that way to keep electing you libs:S>:(
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/20/beck.cities/index.html
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Read the article, but I disagree. While I don't disagree that the welfare solution is more of a 'hand-out' than a 'hand-up', you can find long term Dem control of prosperous cities, as well.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You are correct but it is obvious the strong hold the dem's have on these city's and the harm they are causing. If any party has that much power and think there party wont be voted out that is a very, very bad thing. You missed the whole point of the article! The dem's and repub's have been pulling this shit on us for years. The independent people don't have a real chance and both party's know it. They will continue to pull there shit untill we do something about it.

You are correct but it is obvious the strong hold the dem's have on these city's and the harm they are causing. If any party has that much power and think there party wont be voted out that is a very, very bad thing. You missed the whole point of the article! The dem's and repub's have been pulling this shit on us for years. The independent people don't have a real chance and both party's know it. They will continue to pull there shit untill we do something about it.

No, I'm not missing the point - as I said, I read the article. If he had also shown where the 10 richest cities had Republican control for the overwhelming majority of the last several decades, I might take his point more seriously. As it is, his point comes across more as Dem-bashing than as anything suggesting a solution.

He should have spent more time talking about how he found common ground in regards to poverty and solutions with the folks at the dinner he was invited to, than bashing the mayors of the cities.

Just my opinion.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Amazing, amazing, amazing, what comes out of the conservatives’ mouths just simply amazes me. We have conservatives that tell us that liberals have imbedded impoverishment upon the impoverished. That is amazing. Just because liberals are actually concerned about the poor and want to assist them in rising above their plight, does not make them the cause of poorness. Man, they’re just never going to get it. They vote blindly for a man that has his hands in the pockets of the rich and they blame poverty on Democrats, amazing. I never will understand the Republican philosophy.
Yes it is true that Democrats do want to give a little of our wealth to the lower classes. That’s not a terrible thing. I distinctly remember Reagan back in the eighties (yes the father of our trickle down fiscal irresponsibility) holding up a newspaper with want ads displayed, telling the world that there are “plenty of jobs available in this country.” The classifieds that he displayed were full of fast food jobs, vacuum sales jobs, and cemetery plot sales. Those aren’t jobs that will pull the poor man up by his bootstraps and lead him into mainstream society. They’re not the jobs that will help the woman and her children buy a house and live like the rest of us. They are the jobs that keep the poor man down and promote unemployment and welfare.

We are living in a country that is exporting jobs by the thousands every month and filling the classifieds up with nowhere jobs, but cursing the Democrats for giving a hairy hoot about poor people. That is amazing. Out of the mouth of conservatives comes the arrogance and ego-centered crap that they have dished out for two centuries in this country. Had it not been for the forward thinking of such men as Jefferson and Franklin, we would be living in a Calvanistic theocracy today bending to the will of every born-again Christian holding a public office (and there would be plenty of them).

Just because liberals are actually concerned about the poor and want to assist them in rising above their plight, does not make them the cause of poorness.

Wanting other people to pay more in taxes does not equal caring about the poor. Jumping up and down about redistributing someone else's wealth does not equal assisting anyone. Take an orphan in and give them a home. Volunteer at the local soup kitchen. Go on mission trips or habitat for humanity trips. That is caring. That is assisting. Bitching about the evil corporations and voting for tax increases does not make you a caring person.

Man, they’re just never going to get it. They vote blindly for a man that has his hands in the pockets of the rich

The democrats are the ones with their hands in other people's pockets.

Yes it is true that Democrats do want to give a little of our wealth to the lower classes.

Wrong. The democrats want to take a lot from a small percentage and give it to a massive percentage. Don't sugar coat it if you're going to say it's ok.

That’s not a terrible thing.

What right do you have to take someone else's money? What gives you the right to decide who should pay and who should receive? I agree the better off should give and help those less fortunate. I don't agree that paying higher taxes makes you a more caring person. I certainly don't believe demanding that other people pay higher taxes makes you a caring person. Quite the opposite.

I distinctly remember Reagan back in the eighties (yes the father of our trickle down fiscal irresponsibility) holding up a newspaper with want ads displayed, telling the world that there are “plenty of jobs available in this country.” The classifieds that he displayed were full of fast food jobs, vacuum sales jobs, and cemetery plot sales. Those aren’t jobs that will pull the poor man up by his bootstraps and lead him into mainstream society.

Yes, by all means turn down a job because it isn't fucking good enough for you. Please turn down a paying job so you can sit at home and collect a check. This kind of entitlement is what's bringing the country down. My great-grandfather worked on a farm in his backyard. My grandfather joined the military and was a successul business man after that. My dad ran his own small business for years. Now I'm doing pretty well with a good paycheck and my kids will do even better. That's how it works. You work to provide for yourself and better future for your kids. You don't pass up jobs because they just are good enough for you and demand government help. You don't pass on a paying job and demand a higher paying one.

They’re not the jobs that will help the woman and her children buy a house and live like the rest of us.

Define "the rest of us." Apartment, house, house on the beach, house in beverly hills, a one bedroom shack? Please explain how everyone can be living the same way and what baseline you would like to bring everyone up to so they can "live like the rest of us." In your grand scheme, who's going to sweep the floors, cook the food, or drive the dump truck? Those jobs aren't good enough for anyone so I guess they just won't get done.

They are the jobs that keep the poor man down and promote unemployment and welfare.

Attitudes like yours promote unemployment and welfare. "That job isn't good enough" promotes unemployment and welfare. The person who's willing to flip burgers to pay the bills is the one who will eventually better his situation. The person that sits at home bitching about the rich man keeping him down is going to continue sitting there collecting his government check.

We are living in a country that is exporting jobs by the thousands every month

And why do you think that is??? Could it possibly be that people in this country just won't do those jobs? And if they do decide to do those jobs then they bitch about not being paid enough or having enough time off or having enough benefits... Of course companies are moving jobs overseas. The jobs you think aren't good enough need to be filled and if people here aren't willing to do it then what else do you want those companies to do?

and filling the classifieds up with nowhere jobs,

The key word there is jobs. Get a job, work your ass off, earn a paycheck, pay your bills, and create a better future for your kids. How hard is that to understand?

Had it not been for the forward thinking of such men as Jefferson and Franklin, we would be living in a Calvanistic theocracy today bending to the will of every born-again Christian holding a public office (and there would be plenty of them).

Let me know where Jefferson and Franklin said some jobs are beneath you and shouldn't be worked. Let me know where they outlined welfare. It's obvious you have a hate for Christians, but the churches are doing more to actually help people than anyone in politics. Next time you want to spew about evil Republicans and the wonderful, caring Democrats, count up how many community service hours you've done in the past month first. Voting to increase someone elses taxes does not mean you care about poor people.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. How's that working out for you libs?:D:D:D:D:D You go ahead and keep repressing the poor and they will stay that way to keep electing you libs:S>:(

Tat doesn't make sense because before Obama 5 of the last 7 presidencies were won by Repbs. Can't we say the opposite is true, keep electing R's and maybe the debt will get fixed? In fact, all 5 R terms had the debt significantly rise and the 2 D terms in the middle had the budget baalnced; doesn't that more fit your insanity model or continuing to do the same thing, expecting a diff result?

>What right do you have to take someone else's money?

"We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common Defense, promote the general Welfare and secure the blessings of Liberty for ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States . . ."

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

That gives us the right to tax ourselves.

Tat doesn't make sense because before Obama 5 of the last 7 presidencies were won by Repbs. Can't we say the opposite is true, keep electing R's and maybe the debt will get fixed? In fact, all 5 R terms had the debt significantly rise and the 2 D terms in the middle had the budget baalnced; doesn't that more fit your insanity model or continuing to do the same thing, expecting a diff result?

If you honestly believe those accounting tricks actually created a real, honest (like you & I musty live by, not what politicians in DC live by) REAL "balanced budget?" :D:D:D:D:D:D I'll bet you think illusionist Cris Angle actually flies because you saw it on TV. :D:D:D:D:D:D "Balanced Budget" Are you REALLY that gullible (rhetorical question as your constant parroting of party propaganda proves this almost daily)?

Accounting trickery & illusion caused the problems that swamp us today, & you post as if more trickery & illusion (what's being promoted in Congress today) will save us.

"Acting/reacting the same way and expecting the results to change: The definition of insanity."

Thank you for proving the point. Your propaganda inspired responses undermine your position better/faster than anything else.

Oh, & thank you for the laughs. I needed it this morning.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Wanting other people to pay more in taxes does not equal caring about the poor.

Really? Look at the graph, even as population grew, the rate of poverty fell: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/histpov/rdp06.html

By region: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/histpov/hstpov9.html

So not true.

Jumping up and down about redistributing someone else's wealth does not equal assisting anyone.

And by letting elite grub all theirs means people br in poverty. If data wer available for the GD era we would see amazingly stark numbers.

Take an orphan in and give them a home.

Most of these programs are fed or state funded, so you just dumped on yourself.

Go on mission trips or habitat for humanity trips. That is caring. That is assisting. Bitching about the evil corporations and voting for tax increases does not make you a caring person.

Right, so just ignore the corporate welfare and let us fuck everyone. IOW's, apathy please. Sorry, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent.;)

The democrats are the ones with their hands in other people's pockets.

Really? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

Look at the top chart, the numbers on the right are red under the R presidents. So are gonna retract that statement or continue looking silly?

Wrong. The democrats want to take a lot from a small percentage and give it to a massive percentage. Don't sugar coat it if you're going to say it's ok.

Generally true, however Eisenhower kept the tax brackets at 91% top and even dirty Nixon and Ford kept them at at least 70%. See how dirty the R's are now? And if Obama yanks them to 50%+ you'll cry, but he will still be more conservative than so many very conservative presidents. So respectively, taxes are ultra-low.

What right do you have to take someone else's money? What gives you the right to decide who should pay and who should receive?

Unless everyone is tax exempt, this will be the case, so are you advocating zero taxes?

I don't agree that paying higher taxes makes you a more caring person. I certainly don't believe demanding that other people pay higher taxes makes you a caring person. Quite the opposite.

True, Reagan and GWB are the repositories of care for peole :S

Yes, by all means turn down a job because it isn't fucking good enough for you. Please turn down a paying job so you can sit at home and collect a check. This kind of entitlement is what's bringing the country down.

Actually it's the corporate nipple bringing us down. Where did/will virtually all of the 700B + 787B go? Right, corps failed, the gov replentished them, the $$$ went to the corp nipple.

My great-grandfather worked on a farm in his backyard. My grandfather joined the military and was a successul business man after that. My dad ran his own small business for years. Now I'm doing pretty well with a good paycheck and my kids will do even better. That's how it works. You work to provide for yourself and better future for your kids.

Uh oh, another diddy, diddy's diddy story.

You work to provide for yourself and better future for your kids. You don't pass up jobs because they just are good enough for you and demand government help. You don't pass on a paying job and demand a higher paying one.

Of course this is all true, esp in tough times, but taken too literally and then we bust all unions and teh workers are atthe whims of the rich and corps. So a little balance is nice.

Define "the rest of us." Apartment, house, house on the beach, house in beverly hills, a one bedroom shack? Please explain how everyone can be living the same way and what baseline you would like to bring everyone up to so they can "live like the rest of us." In your grand scheme, who's going to sweep the floors, cook the food, or drive the dump truck? Those jobs aren't good enough for anyone so I guess they just won't get done.

What he's saying is that to say take low-paying jobs forever due to osme sick work ethic of licking man's balls for whatever they want to pay us is akin to indentured servitude.

Attitudes like yours promote unemployment and welfare. "That job isn't good enough" promotes unemployment and welfare. The person who's willing to flip burgers to pay the bills is the one who will eventually better his situation. The person that sits at home bitching about the rich man keeping him down is going to continue sitting there collecting his government check.

Attitudes like yours keep the poor,poor. If they dare want to organize and strike they're ungrateful batsards.

And why do you think that is??? Could it possibly be that people in this country just won't do those jobs? And if they do decide to do those jobs then they bitch about not being paid enough or having enough time off or having enough benefits... Of course companies are moving jobs overseas. The jobs you think aren't good enough need to be filled and if people here aren't willing to do it then what else do you want those companies to do?

It's just American corps being unpatriotic and shipping jobs overseas, American government not being responsible to its citizenry.

The key word there is jobs. Get a job, work your ass off, earn a paycheck, pay your bills, and create a better future for your kids. How hard is that to understand?

Minimum wage; hard to understand?

Next time you want to spew about evil Republicans and the wonderful, caring Democrats, count up how many community service hours you've done in the past month first. Voting to increase someone elses taxes does not mean you care about poor people.

And checck to see how many R's have done all they can to prevent any increases in min wage.

8 out of ten of the least educated states are red states, therefore Republicans are stupid.

Are they Stupid Because They Vote That Way Or Voting That Way Because They Are Stupid?

And when it comes to wages, virtually every blue state leads red states and with workplace mortatlity, they're much higher in red states. So this is all very consistent.

If you honestly believe those accounting tricks actually created a real, honest (like you & I musty live by, not what politicians in DC live by) REAL "balanced budget?" :D:D:D:D:D:D I'll bet you think illusionist Cris Angle actually flies because you saw it on TV. :D:D:D:D:D:D "Balanced Budget" Are you REALLY that gullible (rhetorical question as your constant parroting of party propaganda proves this almost daily)?

Accounting trickery & illusion caused the problems that swamp us today, & you post as if more trickery & illusion (what's being promoted in Congress today) will save us.

"Acting/reacting the same way and expecting the results to change: The definition of insanity."

Thank you for proving the point. Your propaganda inspired responses undermine your position better/faster than anything else.

Oh, & thank you for the laughs. I needed it this morning.

So you don't EMPIRICALLY criticize the data, just, "It's the 40-year lag theory." :D:D:D.

Riiiiiight, that all makes perfect sense:S, the virtually absolute trend is to have R's running up the debt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms and Dems to be working to be cutting it. Right, right, right, it all makes sense inside your head, so that's what matters. :S The data doesn't pan out bro, give er up.

And thank you for not presenting some empirical data, that furthered my point, not that it need the help.

Really? Look at the graph, even as population grew, the rate of poverty fell: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/histpov/rdp06.html

You wanting other people to pay higher taxes does not mean you care about poor people. If you go out and volunteer to build houses or take in an orphan then I'll listen about how you care for the poor.

And by letting elite grub all theirs means people br in poverty. If data wer available for the GD era we would see amazingly stark numbers.

Copy, no data.

***Take an orphan in and give them a home.

Most of these programs are fed or state funded, so you just dumped on yourself.

That's what I meant by take one in. Into your home. Not put them in a fed or state funded home.
The fact you can't differentiate between the two is my point.

Really? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

Look at the top chart, the numbers on the right are red under the R presidents. So are gonna retract that statement or continue looking silly?

Find a chart that shows tax increases per President and from whom those taxes are taken. Post a relevent chart if you'd like to make a point.

And if Obama yanks them to 50%+ you'll cry, but he will still be more conservative than so many very conservative presidents.

Obama is now fiscally conservative.

Nice.

***What right do you have to take someone else's money? What gives you the right to decide who should pay and who should receive?

Unless everyone is tax exempt, this will be the case, so are you advocating zero taxes?

How about taxed equally?

Actually it's the corporate nipple bringing us down.

The corporate nipple providing jobs? That one?

Where did/will virtually all of the 700B + 787B go? Right, corps failed, the gov replentished them, the $$$ went to the corp nipple.

Are you talking about Obama's stimulus?

What he's saying is that to say take low-paying jobs forever due to osme sick work ethic of licking man's balls for whatever they want to pay us is akin to indentured servitude.

So you should just quit and live off the government? How about paying your way through night classes to improve your situation.

Attitudes like yours keep the poor,poor. If they dare want to organize and strike they're ungrateful batsards.

You're damn right they're ungrateful. More, more, more, more.... oh shit, you're shipping jobs overseas. Damn greedy corporations!

***The key word there is jobs. Get a job, work your ass off, earn a paycheck, pay your bills, and create a better future for your kids. How hard is that to understand?

Minimum wage; hard to understand?

We've got one. What's your point?

And checck to see how many R's have done all they can to prevent any increases in min wage.

Maybe, just maybe, there's an economic reason for that. Keep increasing minimum wage, union strikes, and gimme atitudes. Then bitch about jobs going overseas.

8 out of ten of the least educated states are red states, therefore Republicans are stupid.

Are they Stupid Because They Vote That Way Or Voting That Way Because They Are Stupid?

But were not broke so what's your point? Take Texas for example. We had a surplus of i think 10B last year. Show me all of them liberal states that had a surplus. Let me know what you find.:)

The independent people don't have a real chance and both party's know it.

That's about the onloy true thing youy've said since I've had the luxury of reading your hogwash.

Speaking of hogwash, you sure post alot!

Take Texas

...please!

We had a surplus of i think 10B last year.

I wonder how much of that is due to dirt-cheap labor by those brownish people whose backs are wet. ;)

When you don't have an answer, play the race card....typical.

Texas has (IIRC) either 5 or 6 of the top city economies in the country right now.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Take Texas

...please!

We had a surplus of i think 10B last year.

I wonder how much of that is due to dirt-cheap labor by those brownish people whose backs are wet. ;)

When you don't have an answer, play the race card....typical.

Texas has (IIRC) either 5 or 6 of the top city economies in the country right now.

We have 6 in the top ten and the top 5 are all in Texas.:)

You wanting other people to pay higher taxes does not mean you care about poor people. If you go out and volunteer to build houses or take in an orphan then I'll listen about how you care for the poor.

Actually, I'm a LOT better at making money and paying taxes than I would be at building a house. Great for staying in touch, but not an efficient use of my value.

Actually, I'm a LOT better at making money and paying taxes than I would be at building a house. Great for staying in touch, but not an efficient use of my value.

Paying taxes doesn't take a whole lot of effort, which stems from my original point.

There's no skill needed in volunteering at a soup kitchen or helping with a Habitat for Humanity type project. I've done it many times and I don't have the building skills to create a sand castle.

If your only value is paying taxes efficiently then I feel sorry for you, but I'm willing to bet that's not the case. You'd be surprised how much you could effect someone else's life even if you can't build a house.