nerdgirl

“Cookie Carrier”

Something that straddles Bonfire and Speakers Corner … it’s adorable so notionally suppose it could be in Bonfire, but it’s military-related and from Afghanistan (politics) so Speakers corner. :)
Gratuitously cute photo from the front page of Defenselink.mil:
“Cookie Carrier: A dog rides in a U.S. soldier's backpack on Combat Outpost Jeleran, Afghanistan, Nov. 20, 2009. The dog, named Cookie, is the unofficial mascot of the 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment. U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Francisco V. Govea II.”
Yeah, I'm sure I could come up with some pithy political comment, but it's just cute.:P

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Is it just me, or does that dog not look all that happy?

It could very well be used to it, but being stuffed into a bag and hung off a soldier's back doesn't sound all that fun to me.[:/]

I wouldn't do that to my dog.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Is it just me, or does that dog not look all that happy?

It could very well be used to it, but being stuffed into a bag and hung off a soldier's back doesn't sound all that fun to me.[:/]

I wouldn't do that to my dog.

Maybe he doesn't like having his picture taken. I carried my dog around in my jacket kinda like that when she was a puppy. She did fine.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

I don't care what all the nay sayers say, I bet that dog has done more to boost moral
than anything the army can provide, and you Vets know exactly what I mean.

I agree completely.

I also bet that Cookie gets some of the best care possible and is loved like very few other dogs.:)
And it may well be that Cookie's expression is because the photographer was too close, or just a "moment". Looking again, more carefully, it is possible that Cookie just woke up.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Easier than carrying the regimental goat.

I hear the Medical Core tried to designate a carrier for the serpents of Caduceus, but they all died.

It's all fun and games until the dog gets shot.

I guess I should have included a picture.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I thought this was going to be about some new kind of small aircraft carrier naval ship.

I did too, especially since there was just an article in the Economist about the French marketing naval vessels to Russia.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Easier than carrying the regimental goat.

I hear the Medical Core tried to designate a carrier for the serpents of Caduceus, but they all died.

It's all fun and games until the dog gets shot.

I guess I should have included a picture.

Poor thing. You can't trust the Welsh....

I thought this was going to be about some new kind of small aircraft carrier naval ship.

I did too, especially since there was just an article in the Economist about the French marketing naval vessels to Russia.

I was actually expecting a cake in the shape of an aircraft carrier with cookie airplanes on it...

...and I don't even have a sweet tooth.