Andy9o8

Should Catholic Church Punish Pro-Abortion Rights Govt Officials?

I don't see how the church could support them.

I mean the church should not allow people that do not follow the churches policies to be part of the church. anything else is pandering.

And it's better than burning at the stake.

The abortion problem could be solved by other means than just making it illegal and walking away.

There are other countries with MORE liberal laws about abortion that actually have a LOWER abortion rate than the USA.

I don't completely agree with the libertarians, but I am glad they are around to challenge the automatic assumption that WHATEVER you want done, you should support government aggression to achieve it. And that if you don't support the government aggression, then it means you don't care about the issue. The old lie: If you dare to question the means, then you don't care about the ends.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I don't see how the church could support them.

I mean the church should not allow people that do not follow the churches policies to be part of the church. anything else is pandering.

And it's better than burning at the stake.

The abortion problem could be solved by other means than just making it illegal and walking away.

There are other countries with MORE liberal laws about abortion that actually have a LOWER abortion rate than the USA.

I don't completely agree with the libertarians, but I am glad they are around to challenge the automatic assumption that WHATEVER you want done, you should support government aggression to achieve it. And that if you don't support the government aggression, then it means you don't care about the issue. The old lie: If you dare to question the means, then you don't care about the ends.

The Inquisition is a perfect example of institutionalized aggression to achieve an end. The Roman Catholic church lost its moral authority centuries ago, and its cover ups of child molestation by priests show that it hasn't learned anything in the interim.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Politics from the pulpit is very unbecoming for an American.

Your kidding right?

Trust meI know what the reality is..... and the founding fathers should be rolling in their graves since they went to such lengths to prevent the same crap that forced most of their families to escape from it in all their ancestral countries.

Now we have a slew of fucknuggets who wish to return to those good times:S:S:S

THIS interview with one sanctimonious "fucknugget" is particularly relevant to this discussion B|

I haven't visited this site in a while but alas, I pop in and once again find an anti-Catholic thread.

The vast majority of the posts in this thread are completely ignorant of Catholic doctrine and the posters have obviously never picked up a Catholic Catechism and actually read it. The ignorance in this thread in regard to this topic is ridiculous, particularly by people who consider themselves to be so immensely intelligent.

This is akin to me, a Catholic, who does actually read the Catechism giving my opinion on how Buddhism should be practiced.

Nice to see nothing has changed in SC. I'm off for another long sabbatical.

This is akin to me, a Catholic, who does actually read the Catechism giving my opinion on how Buddhism should be practiced.

buddists have not been sodomising boys in a widespread fasion, and been getting away with it for decades.

if your god is so divine, how is it that this has gone on for so long among the ranks of your church, if your pope is what he claimes to be, he is also accountable as he must also have known the whole time, No?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I haven't visited this site in a while but alas, I pop in and once again find an anti-Catholic thread.

The vast majority of the posts in this thread are completely ignorant of Catholic doctrine and the posters have obviously never picked up a Catholic Catechism and actually read it..

"Do as I say and not as I do" seems to be the R-C motto.

There is a big difference between doctrine and what the officials of the church actually do. Child molestation is not in the R-C catechism for sure, but not only is it commonplace in your church, it has also been routinely covered up by your church.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The vast majority of the posts in this thread are completely ignorant of Catholic doctrine and the posters have obviously never picked up a Catholic Catechism and actually read it..

"Do as I say and not as I do" seems to be the R-C motto.

There is a big difference between doctrine and what the officials of the church actually do. Child molestation is not in the R-C catechism for sure, but not only is it commonplace in your church, it has also been routinely covered up by your church.

I think "commonplace" is a gross overstatement. It doesn't happen often, just that when it is revealed, it gets major press coverage.

And even more coverage because of the clear complicity of the upper levels of the church in the coverup. They seem more interested in protecting themselves and their image than protecting the children of their "flock". Which I find well beyond horrendous. And it's one of the reasons I no longer attend the church.

FWIW, I grew up R-C. I was even an altar boy. Never got propositioned by the priest, nor did anyone I ever knew.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo