SkyChimp

Does this qualify as a "Hate Crime"?

What if one of those cheesy home alarm tv commercials showed a black man kicking down the door of a white womans house?

You mean would that be a hate crime - which is the point of this thread? I don't know - I imagine it would depend on case-by-case facts.

============

Still waitin' on Mr. Chimp. Gosh; I'm sure he didn't make it up....

I was reading some articles on Curtis Lavelle Vance, the black
man who broke into the newscasters home through the doggy door then beat her into 5 day coma that ended in death. Not really the point of the thread I was just thinking black man broke into white womans house and assulted her, you just won't ever see that on a home alarm advertisement.

I was just thinking black man broke into white womans house and assulted her, you just won't ever see that on a home alarm advertisement.

I dont know what TV channels you watch, but I have never seen any commercials with a woman, or any color, being assaulted by a man (or woman) of any color to sell home alarm systems.
Remster

I was just thinking black man broke into white womans house and assulted her, you just won't ever see that on a home alarm advertisement.

I dont know what TV channels you watch, but I have never seen any commercials with a woman, or any color, being assaulted by a man (or woman) of any color to sell home alarm systems.

Actually, I have. It shows a white guy breaking into a white victim's affluent-looking home, and being scared off by the sound of the sponsor's burglar alarm.

Of course, what they don't show you is the tape of the rehearsal, where all of the actors are wearing little placards showing the role they're each playing. The bandit/actor is wearing a little sign that says, "Scary Negro."

It shows a white guy breaking into a white victim's ........ The bandit/actor is wearing a little sign that says, "Scary Negro."

See what happens when profiling is not PC? You can't even hire a qualified scary looking black man to play the part - quotas in hollywood forced them to hire a white guy to 'act' the part. it's a trajedy I tell ya.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It shows a white guy breaking into a white victim's ........ The bandit/actor is wearing a little sign that says, "Scary Negro."

See what happens when profiling is not PC? You can't even hire a qualified scary looking black man to play the part - quotas in hollywood forced them to hire a white guy to 'act' the part. it's a trajedy I tell ya.

Remember the old WWII black and white movies that had as assortment of tan people playing the Jap enemy soldiers? All the Japanese-Americans were either locked up in internment camps or fighting in Europe.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Remember the old WWII black and white movies that had as assortment of tan people playing the Jap enemy soldiers? All the Japanese-Americans were either locked up in internment camps or fighting in Europe.

Well, they could have used Chinese actors, if hollywood actually had non white actors.

Well, they could have used Chinese actors, if hollywood actually had non white actors.

The Chinese were the good guys.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

since he made racial statements against white people,

OK, it's morning, so by now you should have posted your link showing this.

Hm, that's odd - where is it?

Sorry for the delay... I was working a lot yesterday. The statement to the first officer questioning him is where this first came about after the arrest. However they do not have him on the record making the racial remarks.

http://www.zimbio.com/Curtis+Lavelle+Vance

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Anne Presely (TV anchor for KATV) was burglerized, raped, and then brutily murdered allegedly by Curtis Lavelle Vance. Curtis has pled not guilty in the murder and rape but if convictied after DNA tests, he could face the death penalty.

If he already faces death penalty, why make up a list of other crimes he might have committed as well? You cannot give two death penalties to one person.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Anne Presely (TV anchor for KATV) was burglerized, raped, and then brutily murdered allegedly by Curtis Lavelle Vance. Curtis has pled not guilty in the murder and rape but if convictied after DNA tests, he could face the death penalty.

If he already faces death penalty, why make up a list of other crimes he might have committed as well? You cannot give two death penalties to one person.

He didn't get the death penalty.... the Jury let him live.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_re_us/us_tv_anchor_attacked

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!