masterblaster72

Seven shot dead at US army base in Texas

I'm shocked. Especially with it happening so soon after an Afghan policemen killed 5 (could end up being more) British soldiers in Helmand. One of them was an old friend. Hope both incidents are not related in anyway.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

The "Enemy Within". Radical Islamist have infiltrated our Military both home and abroad. Our troops are being shot in the back by our so called allies. They are also being recruited in our prisons. More of this crap can be expected in the future!

Major Malik Nadal Hasan

It was a Major who was also a Muslim convert

Why does this not surprise me one bit?

because you're ignorant and think this is typical of anyone muslim.

Nope. Didn't say that.
I said the fact the he is muslim does not surprise me.
If you can't tell the difference, that's your ignorance, not mine.

Major Malik Nadal Hasan

Why does this not surprise me one bit?

This sucks. So many lives lost. In all honesty there was a part of me that wished his name was Steve or Mike. Most people think as you do and i can not fault you for it. It sticks out because we already have a separate group. We don't say normal white guys killed and raped so and so, or normal white guy shot some dude. It does not stick in your mind like this does.

This is also disturbing because anyone now who is truly interested in serving there country but is tan(you know what i mean) will be looked at with suspicion. I hope not. This is a tragedy that the effects of it will hunt us for a long time.

To the families my prayers this is where our solders are supposed to feel safe. The loss of life and the psychological effect it just sucks all around.

Sorry if i cant think of a better word. but sucks for me is that feeling you feel in your gut like every thing is wrong in the world, and its going to get worst.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius nobody is blaming you.

i know but i know how people are, you know every single person that knows my girlf friend and has never really met me has asked are you sure you can trust them? She is a normal american girl, the people i am refferring to are good poeple.

Its just the way most people are.

In this case i am muslim but even me i am thinking WTF our troops on our home land. That shit is fucked even if we take race out of it. Its just bad i hoped the guy was just some nutjob its much worst if he was not.

Why did the president begin his statement with what looked like a dim smile on his face while he gave a "shout out"?

I am pissed right now, absolutely pissed. Looks like some converts to Islam did this. Obama's Islam outreach is really having an impact. Hopefully, I'll have a different perspective tomorrow.
We are all engines of karma

Sounds like a good guy to me. War, or the prospect of it, can do that to people. It's the war and war effort that's crazy, not how people react to it (ante or post deployment).

November 6, 2009
Gunman ‘Mortified’ About Deployment to War

By JAMES DAO
WASHINGTON — Born and raised in Virginia, the son of immigrant parents from a small town near Jerusalem, he joined the Army right out of high school, against his parents’ wishes. The Army, in turn, put him through college and then medical school, where he trained to be a psychiatrist.

But Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the 39-year-old man accused of Thursday’s mass shooting at Fort Hood, Tex., started having second thoughts about his military career a few years ago after other soldiers harassed him for being a Muslim, he told relatives in Virginia.

He had also more recently expressed deep concerns about being sent to Iraq or Afghanistan. Having counseled scores of returning soldiers with post-traumatic stress disorder, first at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington and more recently at Fort Hood, he knew all too well the terrifying realities of war, said a cousin, Nader Hasan.

“He was mortified by the idea of having to deploy,” Mr. Hasan said. “He had people telling him on a daily basis the horrors they saw over there.”

Major Hasan was killed by the Fort Hood police following the shooting spree, in which 11 people, many of them soldiers, were killed, and at least 31 others wounded. The shootings occurred at a readiness center where soldiers are put through a series of medical, dental, legal and other paces in preparation for being deployed.

Though Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas reported that Major Hasan was to be deployed later this month, that could not be confirmed with the Army Thursday night.

Nader Hasan said his cousin never mentioned in recent phone calls to Virginia that he was going to be deployed, and he said the family was shocked when it heard the news on television Thursday afternoon.

“He was doing everything he could to avoid that,” Mr. Hasan said. “He wanted to do whatever he could within the rules to make sure he wouldn’t go over.”

Several years ago, that included retaining a lawyer and making inquiries about whether he could get out of the Army before his contract was up. But Nader Hasan said the lawyer told his cousin that even if he paid the Army back for his education, it would not allow him to leave before his commitment was up.

“I think he gave up that fight and was just doing his time,” Mr. Hasan said.

Nader Hasan said his cousin’s parents were both American citizens who owned businesses, including restaurants and a store, in Roanoke. He declined to confirm reports that they were Jordanian, but said the parents, who are both dead, had immigrated from a small town near Jerusalem many years ago.

Records show that Major Hasan received his undergraduate degree at Virginia Tech University and his medical degree at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md.

He did his residency at Walter Reed Medical Center and then worked there for several years before being transferred to the Darnell Army Medical Center at Fort Hood earlier this year.

i know but i know how people are, you know every single person that knows my girlf friend and has never really met me has asked are you sure you can trust them?

Buck up, man. There are many, many people in this world who don't pre-judge anyone because they are "tan" or gloat in the aftermath of tragedy because they aren't surprised that someone involved is Muslim or has an Arabic sounding name.

That kind of asshole also wasn't surprised when someone named McVeigh turned out to be a murderous sociopathic dickhead.... because McVeigh rhymes with gay.
Owned by Remi #?

Sorry Bill, he's the one that called me ignorant. If that's all it takes to get a warning in here I'm quite surprised.

Darius: I have nothing against Muslims, or Tan people.

If this had been Tina Marie, a former beauty queen from TX, that shot up a base, I would be shocked.

I'm not trying to hate on the Islamic faith. I'm just saying that after watching 3000 people die in fiery towers, I am not one bit shocked in the least to hear that the shooter is a Muslim convert.

Sounds like a good guy to me. War, or the prospect of it, can do that to people. It's the war and war effort that's crazy, not how people react to it (ante or post deployment).

You are the most ignorant person in the world...just because you dont agree with something does not give you he right to kill a bunch of people. That douche joined the Army knowing damn well he could be called to war. Oh and FYI head docs like that never get into any real danger over here.

certainly it would be unbelievable that someone's religious beliefs could drive such radical actions in real life......
http://gawker.com/5273665/tiller-murder-suspect-steeped-in-jesus+freakery-extremism
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_index.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/specials/bosnia/forums/digsell.html

just to name a few. All the more reason I am an atheist

according to his cousin, he has always been muslim. do you have info to the contrary? if so what was his name before? he graduated medical school with my wife. her memory is foggy, but she thinks he started a year before her and got held back for some reason. she also thinks he went by another name (a nickname maybe?)

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Buck up, man. There are many, many people in this world who don't pre-judge anyone because they are "tan"

There are but there are also many who do. You don't have to yell sand nigger and throw rocks at someone. Just the idea that hmmm is he trustworthy enough, or a thought that you would normally not have if my name was Dave.

Like I said before as well. These people are not bad people, there very nice, their just people.

I don’t know but as a minority I am used to it.

Heck I have enough trouble trusting anyone, I could care less about the color of someones skin, their religion, sexual orientation, politics, or anything else.

If they can be appreciated for who they are and what they conduct themselves like, that is enough.

Many people I have met have shown themselves to be less than desirable as a friend,