StreetScooby

What is it about gay marriage?

Our Constitution says the only inalienable rights are those that are named by our creator!

Oh really? Please show me that in the US Constitution. Please. I'm dying to read that. Come on. You stated it as "FACT" so please show me where it says that or I'll just have to consider you as not knowing what the hell you're talking about.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I did read the very next sentence. it didn't feel like you were saying promiscuity exists across all sexual preferences - it sounded like you were saying gays are promiscuous - but truthfully, so are heteros

This is what I wrote: "That population isn't KNOWN for long term relationships. But in reality, that problem exists with ANY marriage. "

What YOU read was the promiscuity. I was talking about the marriage lasting and my friend being heart broke after four years of wanting a "happily ever after."

Guard against assuming. I will admit, communication is the responsibility of both the one talking/typing and the one reading/listening... so part of your misunderstanding is my fault.... but don't let your bias lead you to misread comments.

Hey - not picking on you - and certainly not thinking anything about this subject is fun.

I have so many gay friends - in 10, 20 year relationships - many with kids - who can't be "recognized" as married.

I feel they should have the same rights as a couple as any one. Marriage should not be the vehicle to do it however
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hey - not picking on you - and certainly not thinking anything about this subject is fun.

I have so many gay friends - in 10, 20 year relationships - many with kids - who can't be "recognized" as married.

I feel they should have the same rights as a couple as any one. Marriage should not be the vehicle to do it however

So what vehicle do you think should? Ford, Pontiac..Toyota?

Marriage has little to do with a religion and everything to do with relationship commitment.
In the eyes of the law it should not matter whether the relationship constitutes XX-XY or XX-XX or XY-XY genetic composites
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Man, talk about an entertaining thread.

Many scream that our laws and Constitution stop the many from taking "rights" from the few. As it has not been brought up yet I thought it was time.

But, it also works the other way. It also stops the few from taking rights from the many.

Simply put. (in the context of this thread) The US Constitution does not in any way say there is a "right" for same sex marriage,and therefore, no law, natural or man made, has been infringed.

Our Constitution says the only inalienable rights are those that are named by our creator!

It has however been set up to correct mistakes (our Constitution that is) that may have been made by the founders. Therein lies the ONLY path of debate and change.

Libs fucking HATE that FACT

It's the Declaration of Independence that talks about "Inalienable rights guaranteed by our Creator".

Among them are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness..

I don't see how denying a group of people the right to be togther legally is in any way "taking rights away from the many".

How exactly does allowing same sex marriage deny anyone any rights? (except the right to oppress those they disagree with)

And how does allowing gays to marry "undermine the institution of marriage"?

I thought Cher, Liz Taylor, Larry King, Dennis Rodman and Brittney Spears (among many, many others) undermined it perfectly well.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Marriage has little to do with a religion and everything to do with relationship commitment in the eyes of the law it should not matter whether the relationship constitutes XX-XY or XX-XX or XY-XY genetic compsigtes

Nope, it has everything to do with tradition, institutions and society. And you can buy what ever vehicle you want.

As for the genetics crap you post, irrelevant
Abraham Lincoln

What excuse do the heteros have?

We like sex ALOT and women are sexy:)

Here's how it was explained to me. Warning, gross generalisations follow.

Hetero men like sex a LOT. They would do it all day every day if they could. Most single hetero men would do it with a bevy of different women that they find attractive if they could. Women, however, due to social conditioning or biology or whatever don't give it up as often as hetero men would like, so they can't have all that rampant sex that they want.

Homo men are also men.

Homo men like sex a LOT. They would do it all day every day if they could. Most single homo men would do it with a bevy of different men that they find attractive if they could. Luckily, homo men like to have sex with other homo men many of whom who feel exactly the same way so they can have all the rampant sex they want.

So yes, homo men are promiscuous - exactly as promiscuous as hetero men. :) Only difference is opportunity.

so it's a man thing, not a gay thing.

Man, talk about an entertaining thread.

Many scream that our laws and Constitution stop the many from taking "rights" from the few. As it has not been brought up yet I thought it was time.

But, it also works the other way. It also stops the few from taking rights from the many.

Simply put. (in the context of this thread) The US Constitution does not in any way say there is a "right" for same sex marriage,and therefore, no law, natural or man made, has been infringed.

It has however been set up to correct mistakes (our Constitution that is) that may have been made by the founders. Therein lies the ONLY path of debate and change.

It's the Declaration of Independence that talks about "Inalienable rights guaranteed by our Creator".

Among them are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness..

I don't see how denying a group of people the right to be togther legally is in any way "taking rights away from the many".

How exactly does allowing same sex marriage deny anyone any rights? (except the right to oppress those they disagree with)

And how does allowing gays to marry "undermine the institution of marriage"?

I thought Cher, Liz Taylor, Larry King, Dennis Rodman and Brittney Spears (among many, many others) undermined it perfectly well.

The convoluted view that is causing this problem/debate.

This is not stopping them from happiness unless they see that have to take something away from another place to be "happy"
Abraham Lincoln

(Alright I can't really take credit for this but I think this is another side.) "Do you believe gay people should be allowed to get married? ... No! At the moment many gay couples are providing a service that they may not even know about. Thanks to progressive companies like (I really hate to admit this but this company in particular does provide this.) Starbucks, many companies will provide health insurance for your live in partner. If homosexuals were allowed to marry then all the heterosexual couples would be forced into marrying their working counterpart in order to receive benefits. Please ... look into your hearts ... don't force me to get married!!!" :D:D;)

Marriage has little to do with a religion and everything to do with relationship commitment in the eyes of the law it should not matter whether the relationship constitutes XX-XY or XX-XX or XY-XY genetic compsigtes

Nope, it has everything to do with tradition, institutions and society. And you can buy what ever vehicle you want.

Well if we are going for tradition, lets go back a ways shall we.. to Ancient Greece. oiled up boy on boy action. You are right Rush Tradition should be followed. Hand me the Warm Oil m ate
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well is we are going for tradition, lets go back a ways shall we.. to Ancient Greece. oiled up boy on boy action. You are right Rush Tradition should be followed. Hand me the Warm Oil m ate

They got married huh:S
Abraham Lincoln

don't let your bias lead you to misread comments.***

If I can achieve that, I'll be the first one! :P

That particular stereotype (gay promiscuity) is a button (to be pushed) for me.

I didn't read your post after that - if I had I would have understood better. :)

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

The convoluted view that is causing this problem/debate.

This is not stopping them from happiness unless they see that have to take something away from another place to be "happy"

So I ask again:

What is being taken away from you?

How does allowing gays to marry "undermine" marriage for the rest of us?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>I just feel like being recognized in the work place, opens a can of
>worms that is "Equal Opportunity" and "Tolerance" dilemmas.

Hmm. Our company recognizes gay partnerships and marriages, and extends all benefits that a married couple gets to same-sex couples. No problems so far.

You mean the gay guys aren't tying to boof the other gay employees? No way, gays are all sexual deviants, right?

That's cool. Isn't California one of the most progressive states in the nation regarding gay rights?

Not unless you're in one of the major metropolitan areas. California as a state is actually a lot more "red" than people think.

/edited to add: Seattle is the new San Francisco.

Seattle has always been avante Garde if it wasnt for the bloody cold itt would be a great place to live :D:D:D

Hey we like ti the wa it is.. it keeps most of the Californicators in California.

Besides the biblical aspect, what concerns do people have about gay marriage?

It is repulsive to think about. We don't want our children or grandchildren thinking it is OK.

YOU are repulsive to think about. You think gay people are "repulsive" sex addicted "stupid" fornicators with a "killer" lifestyle that are gay because of temptation. Is that right? And then you say emotion has "overidden intellect"......yeah...a lot of intellect going on with your bible thumping posts. Repulsive is right......

When looking at results for the Prop 8 ballot counts, the state was divided into the more liberal 'no' across the coast and conservative 'yes' in rural areas.

Yes, because Los Angeles and San Diego counties are both conservative, rural and not on the coast. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>The US Constitution does not in any way say there is a "right" for same
>sex marriage,and therefore, no law, natural or man made, has been
>infringed.

Agreed. There's no law that says we have a right to skydive, ski or jog, either. Fortunately, some of us still think that we have those rights anyway - and that we don't need laws to give us rights, only to take them away.

>Our Constitution says the only inalienable rights are those that are
>named by our creator!

No, it doesn't.

>Libs fucking HATE that FACT

It's pretty much a given that whenever someone makes such an arrogant statement here, they're dead wrong. Sort of like the rule that states that any post that bitches about spelling will itself contain a spelling error.

Or maybe the Cons are fucking ignorant of the facts?

Twice in one week now that one of our prominent righties has confused the Constitution with the Decleration, and with the exact same passage, too!

(BTW, what is it you think needs to be changed in the Constitution? It doesn't stand in the way of gay marriage.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?