SpeedRacer

86 yr old WWII veteran speaks about gay marriage

The problem with Jakee is that he takes replies you've made to others, twists them into it his own points, and then becomes critical of your replies, whilst insinuating factors towards yourself he's also insinuated towards you. It's a bit pointless, but it's also his SOP. And who really cares, right?;)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Still waiting on the citation.

You know how that is done right?

Just checking.

Yes, I know how to properly cite sources. but since you haven't properly cited any in support of your assertion, then why are you asking me to?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I am still waiting on Jakee to reply, of course others seem to feel the need to bail his ass out of something that he cannot do for himself.

My how that smacks of being inept.

Of course many here think I have no intellect at all, but if I can call jakee out and not have him rise to the challenge HIMSELF what does that say about him?

It's hilarious that you think you're somehow winning this, or that you've set up any kind of situation you think I need to bail myself out of.

You've made an assertion. You have not supported it in anyway. What makes you thik you have the high ground here?[/reply]

What makes you think you've the high ground? Where is the high ground?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Damned you are just not understanding how things work are you?

If you have some sort of defect preventing you from understanding please let me know via PM and I will gladly let you off the hook.

As for winning?

What would I win, a concession from you that you have no idea of what you were speaking about?

That has already been proven and I am kind of sorry for you that you are not more capable.

people that type in all caps are irritating..

I support the rights of gays to marry... :P

So there. I don't care if its right. I don't care if its wrong. It amazes me that we have people with such decidedly conservative ideas here that dont subscribe to the basic conservative principle that the government should stay out of peoples lives the the greatest extent possible, but in the same breath they clamor for regulations on this and that and the other thing.

Bunch of silly homophobes! Try it! Ya might like it... :P

>Does that make them any more right or wrong?

Nope. But in my book, people who fight for the freedom of others, both on and off the battlefield, whether the people they fight for are black, white, straight, gay, jewish, christian or atheist, are more worthy of support than people who fight against their freedoms. IMO of course.

So there. I don't care if its right. I don't care if its wrong. It amazes me that we have people with such decidedly conservative ideas here that dont subscribe to the basic conservative principle that the government should stay out of peoples lives the the greatest extent possible, but in the same breath they clamor for regulations on this and that and the other thing.

Perhaps some people may try it and enjoy it? Ladies certainly enjoy it in my experience but what kind of point is that? What kind of point do you have by stating you don't care if it's wrong or right? It isn't the ACT that 's wrong. It's the permanent binding of two gay people that's being discussed - it's abnormal. How could anybody say it's right? Hellooooooooooo???B|

According to dating of the text by Orthodox rabbis the revelation of the Torah to Moses occurred in 1380 BCE at Mount Sinai.

A) Can you count? How would that date ever make your document "at least" 5000 years old? Are you making this up as you go along?

B) Once again, fictional. The revelation to Moses didn't happen. It's just a story.

C) Orthodox Rabbi's? Haha.

So the finished product you speak of is just a chosen date by you in order to support your argument.

The dating of works from back then is very complicated. They gradually build up and meander and amalgamate until eventually they are written down and copied in a certain form enough times to take a set. And I've given one that took a set earlier than yours, and I'm not even trying yet.

but still not a citation to be seen furnished by you, not one.

Not a citation to be seen by you either. Not a single one. So I'm still not sure why you think you have the high ground.

According to dating of the text by Orthodox rabbis the revelation of the Torah to Moses occurred in 1380 BCE at Mount Sinai.

So the finished product you speak of is just a chosen date by you in order to support your argument.

but still not a citation to be seen furnished by you, not one.

Babylonian written records LONG predate 1380BCE, and indicate their laws pertaining to marriage.

Egyptian civilization LONG predates 1380BCE and written Egyptian records of marriage exist way before Moses estimated lifetime.

You are wrong.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Does that make them any more right or wrong?

Nope. But in my book, people who fight for the freedom of others, both on and off the battlefield, whether the people they fight for are black, white, straight, gay, jewish, christian or atheist, are more worthy of support than people who fight against their freedoms. IMO of course.

But being gay is neither a religion or an ethnicity, so why put it amongst these? Why not also include other deviant elements of sexuality?:)

I am still waiting on Jakee to reply, of course others seem to feel the need to bail his ass out of something that he cannot do for himself.

My how that smacks of being inept.

Of course many here think I have no intellect at all, but if I can call jakee out and not have him rise to the challenge HIMSELF what does that say about him?

It's hilarious that you think you're somehow winning this, or that you've set up any kind of situation you think I need to bail myself out of.

You've made an assertion. You have not supported it in anyway. What makes you thik you have the high ground here?[/reply]

What makes you think you've the high ground? Where is the high ground?

Tibet.

IF THAT'S YOUR RESPONSE TO MY QUESTIONS ON HOW DOES SAME SEX MARRIAGE MAKES A STRONG COUNTRY STRONGER
IF THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN COME UP WITH '''

AND YOUR REPRESENTING THAT COMMUNITY '''' SHAME ON YOU '''

The problem with Jakee is that he takes replies you've made to others,

So? Afraid of having to face up to what you wrote?

twists them into it his own points, and then becomes critical of your replies,

You think I need to twist anything you've written in order to succesfully criticize it? Give yourself some credit. The stuff I'm arguing against is all your own work.

whilst insinuating factors towards yourself he's also insinuated towards you.

Towards yourself and also you? Wait, what are me, myself and I doing again?

The problem with Jakee is that he takes replies you've made to others, twists them into it his own points, and then becomes critical of your replies, whilst insinuating factors towards yourself he's also insinuated towards you. It's a bit pointless, but it's also his SOP. And who really cares, right?;)

If you write drivel on an open forum, expect to be called on it by anyone.

If you have some sort of defect preventing you from understanding please let me know via PM and I will gladly let you off the hook.

I certainly don't understand you, but I'm afraid the defect isn't mine.

I'm would say I'm still waiting for anything you might care to show me that supports your assertion that the Jewish tradition is the original fount for the idea of marriage, but I'm really not. Because you don't have anything, because it's not. So what exactly are we doing here?

It's the permanent binding of two gay people that's being discussed - it's abnormal. How could anybody say it's right?

Because it can make two consenting adults very happy without adversely affecting anyone else in any way.

How could anybody say it's wrong?

We really do not want to know what you are doing jakee, really we don't.[:/]

Have you figured out how to add 2,009 to 1,380 and get >5,000 yet? You need to spend less time worrying about me and more time re-inventing mathematics (to go along with history, geology and all the rest you're working on already).

No. If I make an effort to argue points with an individual, I expect counter arguments to these points first, rather than counter arguments I've made to somebody else. Whilst it's entirely an idividuals right to pick and chose who and what to argue against, why muddy the waters by picking other points? Then it does very quickly become drivel.

And of course, advocating against same sex marriage is drivel isn't it? Almost akin to everything else you've a counter point to; simply drivel. Cheers prof . . . :|

Have you figured out how to add 2,009 to 1,380 and get >5,000 yet? You need to spend less time worrying about me and more time re-inventing mathematics (to go along with history, geology and all the rest you're working on already).

Be fair now, he's very good with firearms.

it's abnormal. How could anybody say it's right? Hellooooooooooo???

I can say it's right. I don't think it's abnormal. There now we have two people with differing opinions. Back to where we started. If anybody in this debate is abnormal, it's you....

:D So if all of a sudden animals started pairing with other animals, permanently, you'd call this normal?

No. If I make an effort to argue points with an individual, I expect counter arguments to these points first, rather than counter arguments I've made to somebody else.

Sucks to post on an open forum then, doesn't it.:P

Can you even fathom that those were just examples and yet you never cited anything at all?

I was the one who asked YOU for proof or a citation.

You never bothered,

BYE BYE

Don't bother, you would not know where to start.

All you ever do is go around and around twisting things and making yourself seem knowledgeable only to YOU.

It's the permanent binding of two gay people that's being discussed - it's abnormal. How could anybody say it's right?

Because it can make two consenting adults very happy without adversely affecting anyone else in any way.

How could anybody say it's wrong?

How could anybody say it's right?.

(and so it goes . . .)