lost_n_confuzd

Illegal Alien Costume: Should it be banned?

Immigrant activists call out 'Illegal Alien' costumes

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Immigrant rights activists are calling on U.S. retailers to stop selling two controversial "Illegal Alien" costumes that have surfaced for Halloween, saying the outfits are a broadside attack on illegal immigrants.

The entire article here: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/17/illegal.immigrant.costume/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Straight forward pole. Yes or no?

I say no it should not be banned. I've seen/worn more offensive costumes before at adult Halloween parties.

Edit: Thoughts?

Where is the costume offensive to Mexican, Central American and etc. illegals? Looke more to me it could be offensive to outer space illegals. People are just too damned sensitive these days. Sheeeesh! If, the costume came with a bolsita and juaraches... different story. I vote NO!

Chuck

Speaking as a representative of the Zoopitan Galaxy Immgrant Alliance (illegal division) I am disgusted by this cheap insensivtive attack on my people *waves tentacles threateningly* when will americans (small 'a' you're not THAT important) learn that Alien immigrants, many as there are, massively contribute to american society and art, why, take all the pretty crop circles for example, and don't forget our biggest contributions, we piss petrol and shit hot dogs! Boycott this cheap and offensive costume and instead purchase the $69.99 costume that looks much more realistic and also has the hot dog crapping attachment on the back. (All profits to thew Zoopitan Alien Alliance)
Dude #320
"Superstitious" is just a polite way of saying "incredibly fucking stupid".
DONK!

Speaking as a representative of the Zoopitan Galaxy Immgrant Alliance (illegal division) I am disgusted by this cheap insensivtive attack on my people *waves tentacles threateningly* when will americans (small 'a' you're not THAT important) learn that Alien immigrants, many as there are, massively contribute to american society and art, why, take all the pretty crop circles for example, and don't forget our biggest contributions, we piss petrol and shit hot dogs! Boycott this cheap and offensive costume and instead purchase the $69.99 costume that looks much more realistic and also has the hot dog crapping attachment on the back. (All profits to thew Zoopitan Alien Alliance)

Hold your tentacles! Don't be so touchy!
Sure... the 'legal' ones DO contribute to to American society. It's the 'illegal' ones who more often DO NOT contribute to American society. Illegals, legals, whoever, needs to lighten-up. People in general, no matter where they are from or their status needs to get a sense of humor. I see no harm with the 'costume'. I think that the reactions are just stretched to the breaking point. Hey! It's Holloween, for cryin' out loud. There's worse costumes than this one.

Chuck

personally i think bending over backwards and doing everything to not offend everyone makes society diluted and banal.

take that time prince harry went to a fancy dress party dressed as hitler, Oy My God! A prince! dressed as HITLER!??? well, you know what, that was FUCKING FUNNY.

yes it offended some people, well, hell, i've never heard a funny joke that hasn't offended SOMEONE.
Dude #320
"Superstitious" is just a polite way of saying "incredibly fucking stupid".
DONK!

I'd really hate to offend those sensitive criminals. :S

If they can't take a joke, fuck 'em. They shouldn't be here to be offended anyway.

You goddamn right. Where the fuck did all this politically correct shit come from? Fuck that! Stupid ass illegal aliens. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They shouldn't be here

Agreed!!! Come legally

Just like the folks that settled the Indians land in the first place:P

If the King of England wasn't such a prick, the Indians might still have the run of the land. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They shouldn't be here

Agreed!!! Come legally

If the King of England wasn't such a prick, the Indians might still have the run of the land. ;)

:D:D:D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

They shouldn't be here

Agreed!!! Come legally

A nation of laws.... I know it's a bitch.;)

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Yeah, there's a parallel thread over in Bonfire about the "offensive Halloween costumes" story. Of course, in Bonfire, the more offensive the costume, the more points it scored. My favorite offensive costume is the priest with the altar boy attached to his crotch.

Banned? Eh, probably not appropriate for a school Halloween party, a big hit at an adult party.

Banned from retail sales? Both conservative and liberal groups have pressured retailers to not sell certain items the group finds offensive. We all know the examples. Does the pressure work? That's up to the marketplace.

Yeah, there's a parallel thread over in Bonfire about the "offensive Halloween costumes" story. Of course, in Bonfire, the more offensive the costume, the more points it scored. My favorite offensive costume is the priest with the altar boy attached to his crotch.

Banned? Eh, probably not appropriate for a school Halloween party, a big hit at an adult party.

Banned from retail sales? Both conservative and liberal groups have pressured retailers to not sell certain items the group finds offensive. We all know the examples. Does the pressure work? That's up to the marketplace.

Yeah, but you know us Americans! Just ban something and e want it more than anything.

Chuck

there's a parallel thread over in Bonfire about the "offensive Halloween costumes" story. Of course, in Bonfire, the more offensive the costume, the more points it scored.

Hahahahahaha :D:D:D

Does everyone see the difference between us and the bonfire??? On the exact same subject they will laugh and carry on about it like it's a stand-up comedy show. In the speakers corner we throw debate into afterburners and fight like the British Parliament. Pure comedy!!!

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!