blagogada

How many of u think the age of the earth is less than 6000 years old?

Nope, the Earth is exactly 6,012 years old, this month. Here's proof.
Happy birthday, Earth!
Oh, and a big hi-five to God for seeding the rocks with all those "fossils" to test our faith.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=110918#

The above link describes "the world's most remarkable history book – a standard classical education tool for homeschoolers and others who care about a biblical perspective on history."
So yeah, this is at least part of why I think homeschoolers are weird.

Evidence?? of intelligent Life????? simple...
they have refused to make verifiable contact with US.... and likely have been monitoring us for eons, from afar..

When people speak of life elsewhere in the universe, why are they(extraterrestrial life) always considered to be more intelligent than us? Couldn't there be other planets with intelligent life just now emerging? Maybe we are the most advanced race in the universe? Everyone has to start at square one.

We may never know.

Oh, wait, I forgot about Roswell. ;)

>why are they(extraterrestrial life) always considered to be more intelligent than us?

Because we've been sentient for a very, very short time compared to the age of the universe. Chances are that other intelligence either hasn't evolved yet or is far, far beyond us.

>Couldn't there be other planets with intelligent life just now emerging?

The odds are against it. We've only been sentient for .01% of even the lifespan of the earth. Will we find another planet that was formed at about the same time and has life in that same .01% timespan? Unlikely.

The odds are against it. We've only been sentient for .01% of even the lifespan of the earth. Will we find another planet that was formed at about the same time and has life in that same .01% timespan? Unlikely.

This is untrue. According to all of my sources the life that we will find in the universe has evolved at a relatively comparable rate and they are bipeds who communicate with a vocal range nearly identical to ours.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

>According to all of my sources the life that we will find in the universe has
>evolved at a relatively comparable rate and they are bipeds who communicate
>with a vocal range nearly identical to ours.

But they have funny ears and noses.

Amazingly awesome quote from the web page.

Ussher's arrival at the date of Oct. 23 was based on the fact that most peoples of antiquity, especially the Jews, started their calendar at harvest time. Ussher concluded there must be good reason for this, so he chose the first Sunday following autumnal equinox.

Uh . . . then why is it called OCTober?

Silly.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

When people speak of life elsewhere in the universe, why are they(extraterrestrial life) always considered to be more intelligent than us?

You ever been to Newark, NJ? There's your answer.

That or Alabama.:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>According to all of my sources the life that we will find in the universe has
>evolved at a relatively comparable rate and they are bipeds who communicate
>with a vocal range nearly identical to ours.

But they have funny ears and noses.

but still have awesome breasts.

I think the earth is only 52 years old. That may sound a little odd, as I'll be 54 next month. But I have no recollection, consciousness, or memory of the earth before I was around two years old. I think my little brother was created before the earth, because I remember him and even named my pet stuffed elephant after him.

My Mom and Dad were created some time after I was born. This also means I was a virgin birth, because they couldn't have possibly had sex to conceive me if they didn't even exist. My brother by the way was decidedly NOT a virgin birth....

So what about the dinosaurs you ask ? They were created when I was four or five years old, I had a bunch of them and loved them very much. They were made of plastic. Then pirates like Blackbeard were created, which made life on earth really cool. I never actually saw them because they lived on boats out in the ocean, while I was stuck in upstate New York. But I knew pirates existed because I'd seen them on television. Cowboys too....

You people are really very lucky I was born, or there would be no earth for any of us.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Look for your ancestors at the dog star

You can't be Sirius?

Ugh... :|

I do know, enough. And you are going to help me out with Wikipedia? Encyclopedic knowledge by public decree? LOL!! Mr. Quade!!!
Why don't you whip out the Saint James edition or google it?

Encyclopedic knowledge by public decree or devine knowledge by prophetic decree... both have their pitfalls.

Look for your ancestors at the dog star

You can't be Sirius?

Ugh... :|

What? Are you homophoneaphobic?

paronomasiphobic.

Not punny enough for you?

All right, it is a damp, cold, rainy day here, and I'm just sitting here PWing.

I tried to resist, and did for 3 posts, but damnnit

I'm punnaphopbic:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>why are they(extraterrestrial life) always considered to be more intelligent than us?

Because we've been sentient for a very, very short time compared to the age of the universe. Chances are that other intelligence either hasn't evolved yet or is far, far beyond us.

Since there is no proof one way or the other, that is quite an assumption. If we have only been sentient for a very short period of time it's possible that life on other planets has not been around even as long as us. We probably will never know.

>Since there is no proof one way or the other, that is quite an assumption.

It's based on the Drake Equation, which no matter how you choose your variables, gives you very high odds of some other life somewhere.

>If we have only been sentient for a very short period of time it's possible
>that life on other planets has not been around even as long as us.

Quite possible but unlikely. Even here in our own solar system, Mars was habitable long before the Earth was, and was quite earthlike for a long time.

The idea of the 6000 year old Earth is a minority view, even among just American Christians. The majority of Christians do not subscribe to it.

Ditto!

There's enough proof dinosaurs that the earth goes back millions of years.

Which, btw, is the reason I believe this whole global warming crap is a scam.;)

There's a thread subject switch for ya.:)

All right, it is a damp, cold, rainy day here, and I'm just sitting here PWing.

It was a dark and stormy night, . . .

And there I was . . .

Her breasts strained against the wet fabric . . .

Once upon a time . . .

Just then . . .

I'm warming up to write the story of my life.:P
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley