blagogada

How many of u think the age of the earth is less than 6000 years old?

a? ? ?:o

I don't believe that the Earth is less than 6000 years old .
I do believe that the Year of the Light is 5000 BC.

Blues,
Cliff

What do you mean by "Year of the Light"?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

a? ? ?:o

I don't believe that the Earth is less than 6000 years old .
I do believe that the Year of the Light is 5000 BC.

Blues,
Cliff

What do you mean by "Year of the Light"?

The year of "enlightenment".

Biblically when the "sons of god (note the plural) came to earth and seeing that the daughters of man were fare ,took them for their wives."-Genesis

Blues, Cliff
2muchTruth

Biblically when the "sons of god (note the plural) came to earth and seeing that the daughters of man were fare ,took them for their wives."-Genesis

What verse is this?

I don't remember! Look it up! Search it on the net.
Do your own research and then you'll hold knowledge forever!

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

What verse is this?

Blues,
Cliff

OH Hell, there isn't even a Wikipedia page on it! Even The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is on wiki.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Genesis 6-2

And what leads you to believe that this happened about 5,000 years ago?

Is there some sort of document with a date on it, or perhaps the name of a king that can be traced to it?
quade -

Meaning you don't know. Here, lemme help you out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_God

I do know ,enough. And you are going to help me out with Wikepedia? Encyclopedic knowledge by public decree? LOL!! Mr. Quade!!!
Why don't you whip out the Saint James edition or google it?
My interpretation is that there were extra terrestials mating with earth women at that time.
Thus the year of Light "enlightenment". Higher intelligence mating with the lessor intelligent earthlings.
Blues,
Cliff

2muchTruth

Meaning you don't know. Here, lemme help you out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_God

I do know ,enough. And you are going to help me out with Wikepedia? Encyclopedic knowledge by public decree? LOL!! Mr. Quade!!!
Why don't you whip out the Saint James edition or google it?
My interpretation is that there were extra terrestials mating with earth women at that time.
Thus the year of Light "enlightenment". Higher intelligence mating with the lessor intelligent earthlings.
Blues,
Cliff

Again, what makes you believe that this happened about 5,000 years ago? Is there some document with a date on it? Any document that has any authority as to a dating system from the time will do.
quade -

Genesis 6-2

And what leads you to believe that this happened about 5,000 years ago?

Is there some sort of document with a date on it, or perhaps the name of a king that can be traced to it?

Well the Jews and the Masons seem to agree on that time. It also seems to coincide with archeological findings of the earliest civilizations.
As I wasn't around all that seems good enough for me. Of course ,I'm in Red Foremans description a "Dumbass".
Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

Well, it seems awfully unlikely that either of those groups would have some written document that details the date to back it up.

Writing wasn't really invented until about 3,200 BC.

So, how the hell would they know?
quade -

Well, it seems awfully unlikely that either of those groups would have some written document that details the date to back it up.

Was writing not invented until then or is the earliest example of writing that you know about dated 3,200BC?

Oh , Mr Quade, one more thing.., Don't look for the BC date on older documents. They didn't really know when he might be born at the time. Thus the year of the Light dating.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

Cuz of all the "Begats". If you know how many "greats" take you back to the beginning, and you know how long everyone lived, you can make a good estimate of how long it's been,

And they knew exactly how old everyone was when they died.
Moses was around 120, didn't Noah make it to 600 something like that?

Where's the "sarcasm" face when you need it:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Was writing not invented until then or is the earliest example of writing that you know about dated 3,200BC?

Writing doesn't really exist on the planet until about 3,400 to 3,200 BC. There are pictograms that date back to about 6,000 BC, but pretty much nobody calls that writing. Even after the invention of writing, the earliest things that have been translated only go back to about 2,600 BC.

What this means is that any "story" of any sort that came from before that was passed down completely in oral form and without something like a written document to keep track of the years, how would it even be conceivable to date this so called "enlightenment"?
quade -

Writing doesn't really exist on the planet until about 3,400 to 3,200 BC. There are pictograms that date back to about 6,000 BC, but pretty much nobody calls that writing. Even after the invention of writing, the earliest things that have been translated only go back to about 2,600 BC.

What this means is that any "story" of any sort that came from before that was passed down completely in oral form and without something like a written document to keep track of the years, how would it even be conceivable to date this so called "enlightenment"?

Yeah , Yeah, Yeah, Mr.Quade! And you know all this is true!!! The earliest form of writing found to date is about 3200 BC. so that is the earliest writing period ,end of report!!!!!

Of course three weeks ago Lucy was the earliest ancestor to man.

I'll go with the Masons' records! And I'll consider 5000 BC as the year of the Light (AL)

Be square, be on the level ,excepting ofcoure when your "getting their goat".
Blues
Cliff
2muchTruth

I'll go with the Masons' records!

And precisely when do you think the Masons formed?

That's a very good question ,Mr. Quade.
I guess we need to define our terms.
What is your definition of "the Masons"?

And also what is your definition of "formed"?

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth