rushmc

Gotta Love Al Gore Who's Motives are Pure as the Wind Driven Snow

>Sure, if cap n trade get passed

Or if we want to start getting off foreign oil. Or build more competitive cars. Or clean the air. Or get a leg up on hybrid technology. It would be nice to retake the lead instead of just waiting for Japan to invent/develop everything automotive.

we could get off alot of foreign oil now, but the shithead dem's won't let us drill here. We could use the jobs to lower unwmployment here. we could use the profits from our oil to fund clean energy here. Also with the lower unemployment the government would see an increase in tax revenue and the middle east would have less money to to by weapons to use against us. but why would we do something that would help us?

>We can do all of this without cap n trade.

OK. Propose a means to do it. I'm all ears.

>Of course we have to destroy the planet to do it but oh well

Methinks you've been listening to Beck too much. You really think CARB has "destroyed" California? You really think that the EPA has "destroyed" the US? You really think SOx cap-and-trade has "destroyed" the coal industry in the US?

If so, you might want to visit places like LA, Donora and Massachusetts and see if they really still exist, or if they've been destroyed by evil environmentalists.

>I agree - killing the economy is that fastest way to do that.

So since we've radically cleaned up the country in the past 50 years, you think that the economy has been dead all that time?

Products like the Prius, the Tesla, solar-PV, catalytic conversion and stack scrubbers prove that theory wrong pretty conclusively.

>we could get off alot of foreign oil now, but the shithead dem's won't
>let us drill here.

Funny. All the brainless conservatives think that what's holding back oil companies from drilling is some law. They have tens of thousands of acres they can drill on, today - but they want to make more easy money than that, so they lobby to drain our last remaining oil reserves as quickly as possible for a fast buck. Thank God someone with a brain is in charge now.

>We could use the jobs to lower unwmployment here.

Yep. And if we created all those new jobs in the wind industry, they would last forever, not just the 18 months until we drain our last reserves. Unfortunately most conservatives can't see farther than their next fillup.

>Also with the lower unemployment the government would see an
>increase in tax revenue and the middle east would have less money to to
> by weapons to use against us. but why would we do something that
>would help us?

Because once we run out of oil, we will bend over and let anyone with a drop of oil left do whatever they want to us. You may be hoping for the day when the US is a third rate power, unable to even run their military without begging Chavez for a favor - but I'd prefer not to see that day.

>let us drill here.

Funny. All the brainless conservatives think that what's holding back oil companies from drilling is some law. They have tens of thousands of acres they can drill on, today -

the land that they can drill on is the least profitable and the smallest pockets of oil, making it not profitable to drill. not until oil hits $200 a barrel will these areas become profitable. as far as begging Chavez, the world is going to run out of oil anyway, Chavez will not be a factor. we might as well use the resources we have to help ourselves become stronger and more self reliant.

>the land that they can drill on is the least profitable and the
>smallest pockets of oil, making it not profitable to drill. not until oil hits
>$200 a barrel will these areas become profitable.

OK. Since that will indeed happen, sounds like they're sitting on a gold mine. Good for them.

> as far as begging Chavez, the world is going to run out of oil
> anyway, Chavez will not be a factor.

US oil reserves: 21 billion barrels total
US oil usage: 8 billion barrels/year

Venezuela oil reserves: 87 billion barrels total
Venezuela oil usage: .8 billion barrels/year

Looks like if we listen to the more brainless conservatives, we'll be completely dry in under 3 years, and Venezuela will have around 100 years of oil left for themselves. Best practice your Spanish. I think it's "mas de petrol por favor, senor!" Perhaps we could give him Florida if he gives us just enough oil to get to the grocery store.

>let us drill here.

Funny. All the brainless conservatives think that what's holding back oil companies from drilling is some law. They have tens of thousands of acres they can drill on, today -yep, but oil there is not profitable. The Gov is being very selective on land leased but they want to make more easy money than that, so they lobby to drain our last remaining oil reserves as quickly as possible for a fast buck. Thank God someone with a brain is in charge now.Ya, like that is being proven daily:D

>We could use the jobs to lower unwmployment here.

Yep. And if we created all those new jobs in the wind industry, they would last forever, not just the 18 months until we drain our last reserves. Unfortunately most conservatives can't see farther than their next fillup.

>Also with the lower unemployment the government would see an
>increase in tax revenue and the middle east would have less money to to
> by weapons to use against us. but why would we do something that
>would help us?

Because once we run out of oil, we will bend over and let anyone with a drop of oil left do whatever they want to us. You may be hoping for the day when the US is a third rate power, unable to even run their military without begging Chavez for a favor - but I'd prefer not to see that day.

We will only see it in our life times if the same people in charge today keep doing the same things [:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>the land that they can drill on is the least profitable and the
>smallest pockets of oil, making it not profitable to drill. not until oil hits
>$200 a barrel will these areas become profitable.

OK. Since that will indeed happen, sounds like they're sitting on a gold mine. Good for them.

> as far as begging Chavez, the world is going to run out of oil
> anyway, Chavez will not be a factor.

US oil reserves: 21 billion barrels total
US oil usage: 8 billion barrels/year

Venezuela oil reserves: 87 billion barrels total
Venezuela oil usage: .8 billion barrels/year

Looks like if we listen to the more brainless conservatives, we'll be completely dry in under 3 years, and Venezuela will have around 100 years of oil left for themselves. Best practice your Spanish. I think it's "mas de petrol por favor, senor!" Perhaps we could give him Florida if he gives us just enough oil to get to the grocery store.

Wow, you are getting pithy :D

Hard to watch your man fail so soon?

Keep doing the same expecting different results??

Have to admit, I did not think I would see this coming from you so soon[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

>yep, but oil there is not profitable.

In many cases they haven't even done the surveys. Time for them to make an investment in their future.

>The Gov is being very selective on land leased

Well, with the tens of thousands of acres of land leased, and tens of MILLIONS of acres of offshore drilling area leased, that's a pretty hard argument to make.

>We will only see it in our life times if the same people in charge
>today keep doing the same things

Well, as long as the "drill and burn" crowd is ignored we'll last a little longer, at least. Hopefully someone with the guts to face down the oil companies will come along.

>yep, but oil there is not profitable.

In many cases they haven't even done the surveys. Time for them to make an investment in their future.

>The Gov is being very selective on land leased

Well, with the tens of thousands of acres of land leased, and tens of MILLIONS of acres of offshore drilling area leased, that's a pretty hard argument to make.

>We will only see it in our life times if the same people in charge
>today keep doing the same things

Well, as long as the "drill and burn" crowd is ignored we'll last a little longer, at least. Hopefully someone with the guts to face down the oil companies will come along.

Now back to the "evil" oil compaies!

Page one of the play book

After you get done trying to destroy this industry because of your politics, which corps are next?

Always gotta be a villain
Abraham Lincoln

>Now back to the "evil" oil compaies!

What's wrong with oil companies? They're just companies like any other, interested in profit first, everything else second. Doesn't make them evil _or_ good, they're just companies. No reason to give them any more freebies than we've already given them.

(Unless you want to give them freebies - in which case you must also support government loans to small hybrid car companies.)

That Karma is actually a sharp looking car. I'd like to see the stats on it just for curiosity sake. I would never buy one simply because Gore is behind it.

Ya, and I got no problem with Gore investing in a company. I do have a problem when he is pushing laws that will make the companies he supports rich. And at the same time push laws that only punish with no up side on the rest of us

Did you object when Phil Gramm (R) as a sitting member of Congress got Gramm-Leach-Bliley passed to the very distinct advantage of the firm (Enron) his wife Wendy worked for? Thought not.

Do you object to the hundreds of lobbyists paid by big oil and big coal to push their companies' agendas? Thought not.

Once again your double standard is apparent for all to see.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That Karma is actually a sharp looking car. I'd like to see the stats on it just for curiosity sake. I would never buy one simply because Gore is behind it.

Ya, and I got no problem with Gore investing in a company. I do have a problem when he is pushing laws that will make the companies he supports rich. And at the same time push laws that only punish with no up side on the rest of us

Did you object when Phil Gramm (R) as a sitting member of Congress got Gramm-Leach-Bliley passed to the very distinct advantage of the firm (Enron) his wife Wendy worked for? Thought not.

Do you object to the hundreds of lobbyists paid by big oil and big coal to push their companies' agendas? Thought not.

Once again your double standard is apparent for all to see.

You know you get in the most trouble with your bs here when you make assumptions. You "thouight not"///:D No, you didnt think!! And you compare apples and oranges. But you self installed blinders are why

but to you it is all a matter of degree and party.

The shit happens every day and I like none of it. You pick the ones you like and spew crap against those you dont. Perfect example here. You think Al Gores motive are OK and then you list one that you dont like. Websters version of hypocit:o

Ya:D My double standard?, as definded by someone who has to put words into other mouths the attempt to make a lame point:D:D:D Ya, I think you got my mirror:o
Abraham Lincoln

Maybe you forgot who started this thread. You criticize Gore for doing the same things you give a pass to others (R) for.

:D

and maybe you should get your head out of wherever it it you have it and show us all where I gave a pass !:D:D

(you make this so easy):D:D
Abraham Lincoln

Maybe you forgot who started this thread. You criticize Gore for doing the same things you give a pass to others (R) for.

and maybe you should get your head out of wherever it it you have it and show us all where I gave a pass !:D:D

Logic is not your strong point, is it?

I can't point to threads you failed to start. How about YOU pointing to threads YOU started that whine about Republicans like Gramm lobbying and pushing laws in their own interests. After all, the law that Gramm authored that beneftted his wife was even named after him!

Gore hasn't held office for well over 8 years. Gramm feathered his nest while still a member of the Senate.

I can't point to threads you failed to start. How about YOU pointing to threads YOU started that whine about Republicans like Gramm lobbying and pushing laws in their own interests. After all, the law that Gramm authored that beneftted his wife was even named after him!

Gore hasn't held office for well over 8 years. Gramm feathered his nest while still a member of the Senate.

And comprehension is not yours I guess.........
Abraham Lincoln

10/10

10/10

thanks
I usually score 100% when I reply to you
Abraham Lincoln

10/10

thanks

10/10 again;)

(Psst - don't tell rush that it was a irony score).

10/10

thanks

10/10 again;)

(Psst - don't tell rush that it was a irony score).

Pssst, do you think I really care ?

Fun n games huh:S
Abraham Lincoln