warpedskydiver

Which of these guns is more dangerous?

In the right situation, the UZI could be the most lethal. It wouldn't be worth much for long range use.

At one time, I was told that the the Israeli Uzi was the best designed sub-machine gun made. But that was 40 years ago. I imagine there are plenty of better ones out there, now. An UZI might work fine for spraying down the inside of a small room or cave.

I'd much rather have an M-16 (with soft points) for all around use, but for really up close work a shorter barrelled weapon would be easier to point quickly.

I wonder what Lou Diamond's perspective is on this. He's way more up to date on all this, than I am. He's used many of these weapons in combat....

None of them - they're just inanimate objects.

It is the person who holds them that determines whether or not they become dangerous.

me thinks this is the winner

its the man not the weapon..sorry.gun
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

They are all equally dangerous, which is to say, not at all.

If you'd asked which of these situations is more dangerous, the answer would be the picture with the guy holding the gun.

Guns don't shoot things by themselves, no matter the type. People don't make guns dangerous, people use guns to make themselves more dangerous.

The only variable that makes something dangerous our not is its usage. A car can and has been used to kill people well into the double digits, like driving into a crowd, a sword or knife or pot or pan or pencil or pen or airplane or cleaning agents or a wooden 2x4 can all kill people. However, it ultimately takes a person to make them all kill. It is the person who is dangerous not what the person uses. Cars can be driven without a single person dying but sometimes people don't pay attention or they want to run a bunch of people over....in either case it is the person that is at fault and is dangerous not the car. With out a person a car won't even go anywhere. Same with a gun. Without a person the gun does nothing. Therefore, your question is fundimentally flawed in that none of them are, in and of themselves, dangerous....therefore one cannot be "more dangerous" than the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQzh7A5Gam8

I have #2 in a 7.62x39, #1, so I have the best of both worlds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2F_wpFT-oA&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Here they say AK also as #1

Of course these aren't bad either: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Munit01.jpg

But they're not dangerous as they are hunting rounds :S The most radical,lethal rounds are delivered from a nerdy looking gun; go figure.

I've fired a grease gun in S. F. training. I really didn't like them much. Maybe they would be okay in the right situation. I'vew also fired a Thompson sub machinegun some. I remember walking guard duty, one night with one. I always thought they would be cool to own. But to tell you the truth, I didn't like it much either. A Thompson is heavier than you would think.

We even shot a B.A.R. Can't say I liked it much either. It was really heavy, quite a bit of recoil, and fired slowly on full auto. A real dinousaur compared to the modern weaponry today.

I know these are really old weapons, but there are still plenty of them left in the world today. In Special Forces you might have to train people on whatever weapons they had available. These might be left over from previous wars. So, that was why we trained with them....

Exactly

Indigenous personnel will never follow or trust someone that cannot master any firearm, or outperform them using it.

The worst thing any SF or SEAL could ever do is not know his weapons and exhibit that in front of indigenous personnel, and not know where he is on a map/failure to read a map with expertise.

The other thing is to interject himself in local custom or justice.

The M3A1 Grease Gun the best damned $3 our government ever spent.B|

Exactly right!

I heard tankers once used these with a curved barrel. They could shoot out of their turret without exposing themselves. I guess barrel life was really short....

It is not me, I am right handed.

Can you determine the status?

i.e. Military, OGA or Civilian, which branch?

*Disclaimer he is Very nice person and has never killed an innocent person.

He likes my dog tooB|, but then again his group all like him, he chases them up steep trails.

We thought about adding the dog to the swoop club, get above the blades and you lose, get below 6 feet and lose a limb!:DB|

Interesting, I didn't know that their safeties can be ambidexterours. Mine wasn't. I had a problem using gloves left handed due to the fact that all it takes to go "auto" from "semi " is just going slightly to the right off the semi-auto selection, which is easy to do in stress fire exercises. I went out of the wire without them whenever I could get away from it.

i.e. Military, OGA or Civilian, which branch?

I'll take a guess. None of that stuff looks military issue exept maybe the IBA. Crap hanging off the IBA looks too bulky. No plate in the IBA. Stuff where the Med bag would usually be. So, this guy is a Global Security type contractor that has to get the stuff from civillian catalogs, or he is a civilian version of a "Geardo". because of the older camoflague that only the Navy uses nowadays, I would lean towards civillian.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln