Nightingale

Marriage

Why should marriage have to be limited to just 2 people? If you advocate marriage laws should stop excluding certain relationships, then all laws that do so should be abolished, including those that prohibit relatives from getting married.

I'm not saying this to stir the pot/cause trouble, I actually believe it is the consistent position - what really should be done.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If people want to be together fine, but don't whine when they lose half their shit in a civil type divorce.

After all, no one whines about losing half their shit in a marriage divorce now :P:|

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If people want to be together fine, but don't whine when they lose half their shit in a civil type divorce.

After all, no one whines about losing half their shit in a marriage divorce now :P:|

Wendy P.

I don't like hearing that crap either, I was not holding a gun to their heads when they got married.

Wendy P.

Then abolish divorce.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

What he said. I'm currently annoyed by the fact that once again my government has decided I should pay more taxes (or be credited/refunded less) solely because my girlfriend and I haven't tied the knot.

You only save on taxes when one of you doesn't work. If you both work, you're paying less taxes comparing to filing jointly, and you'll also lose more perks (like IRA contribution etc) because the limit for the combined income is usually less than a limit on an individual income multiplied by two. Last year our marriage cost us more than extra 5k in taxes than if we weren't married and filed separately - so visit a CPA before getting married :)
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Why should marriage have to be limited to just 2 people? If you advocate marriage laws should stop excluding certain relationships, then all laws that do so should be abolished, including those that prohibit relatives from getting married.

And why not? Those rules were put in place long time ago, when you supposed to only have sex in marriage, and when contraception was not available. All of this is deprecated today.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *