CornishChris

Rediculous!

Buy... bye.... by

Ac tually, I'm not too worried really.... for a lot of people on this site, English isn't their first language.... After all, they are only American:P

Sorry... but I had to copy the typo in the thread complaining about typos. :P:P Especially posted bye someone who lives buy that country where English is the primary language. :D:D

by by :)

"I could care less" - when it's "I couldn't care less".

"I could care less" will also work when said with the proper sarcastic tone.

Yeah, but everyone keeps leaving off their sarcasm tags. I'm not a mind-reader! :P
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

It helps me to consider the source :). Yeah, I do take grammar into account among native speakers of English. The occasional typo happens. But rediculous, seperate, loose, break lines, etc. all say something about the writer. Either he or she only paid attention to what they thought was important (good thing it's not my doctor :P), or they don't have any respect for the audience.

Neither is an asset. People should familiarize themselves with the tools they use, and if they're writing in an internet forum, language is that tool.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

What's the problem -

It's easier than saying - "I had to diculous again", or "the diculous didn't take, we diculoused a 2nd time"

I really think they're failure to stoe the break lines is a matter of two much grammer and speling sensativity

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Am I the only one whose blood boils at the propagation of the above typo?

Is it simply lack of education that leads to this being in every other thread?

Is there a worse typo that winds you up?

Not typos but people that say PIN numbers and VIN numbers and say " where is it AT? "
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

>" where is it AT? "

We were sitting in the lobby of our dorm watching people come in. Ken said "Where's Leo at?" I told him he shouldn't end sentences in prepositions.

Just then Leo came in, looking furtive. He hurried downstairs. Ken saw him and said "hey, what's that guy from down under up to?" thus ending a sentence in five prepositions.

He was proud of that for weeks.

>" where is it AT? "

We were sitting in the lobby of our dorm watching people come in. Ken said "Where's Leo at?" I told him he shouldn't end sentences in prepositions.

Just then Leo came in, looking furtive. He hurried downstairs. Ken saw him and said "hey, what's that guy from down under up to?" thus ending a sentence in five prepositions.

Had you pointed out to me that ending a sentence with "at" is incorrect, I would have replied, "Where's Leo at, asshole." :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

No, I have anal retentive issues too.

But what I really, really, really hate is the incorrect statement "I could care less" - when it's "I couldn't care less".

Yeah, that one has bothered me since I was in 3rd grade.

Irreguardless...
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

>" where is it AT? "

A preposition is a truly bad word to end a sentence with.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>" where is it AT? "

A preposition is a truly bad word to end a sentence with.

Most of the time, I would suppose that it is just lazyness on my part that lead to my not spell checking.

I am a hunt-&-peck typer, no formal typing education.

So, if you can over look these typos and grammar mistakes, I can overlook where you are at.B|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

a preposition is a truly bad word to end a sentence with.

It's something up with which I will not put.

As you should. I think it worse than to badly split an infinitive.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.