billvon

Obama wants to kill vets!

not to mention the jobs they fill cause part of the unemployment we have.

Don't kid yourself. have you SEEN the jobs they do? Nobody on unemployment checks is standing outside home depot waiting for a truck to come take them to pick strawberries in 100 degree heat or dig holes all day. I personally am in total favor of immigration reform but to say they are taking jobs legal citizens would do is just fucking ridiculous.

so you are telling me that of the 12 mil or so of the illegal imagrants none of them are taking jobs from the legal, american work force?

OK, so I guess you don't actually know anything about the reason for the holdup in deportation.

It's not always a bad thing that people have an opportunity to appeal an immigration decision. When I and my family filed for US citizenship, USCIS messed up my son's paperwork and denied his application. I had to file an appeal, and pay a $630 fee, to get them to take a second look at his paperwork. At the appeal hearing, a different immigration officer looked at my son's paperwork for 30 seconds, said it was all in order and there was never any reason to deny his application, and scheduled him to take the citizenship oath that afternoon. However I was still out $630, we had to endure 10 months of not knowing what would happen to my son (would he be deported back to Canada?), and he missed a chance to vote in November's election which he really wanted to be able to do, all because of their mistake. Immigration officers are only human, they are underfunded and overworked, and so they make mistakes. Allowing people a chance to appeal incorrect decisions so their lives aren't ruined because an immigration officer was in a rush and isn't a "liberal plot", it's basic American fairness. IMHO

...not to mention the jobs they fill cause part of the unemployment we have.

If employers in certain industries were to pay a realistic wage, those jobs would be filled by Americans I'm sure. Of course our chicken would cost a bit more.

Don

not to mention the jobs they fill cause part of the unemployment we have.

Don't kid yourself. have you SEEN the jobs they do? Nobody on unemployment checks is standing outside home depot waiting for a truck to come take them to pick strawberries in 100 degree heat or dig holes all day. I personally am in total favor of immigration reform but to say they are taking jobs legal citizens would do is just fucking ridiculous.

so you are telling me that of the 12 mil or so of the illegal imagrants none of them are taking jobs from the legal, american work force?

Are you just having issues with the reply system or do you seriously not know how it works? the reply tags go around the part you are replying to ONLY. One tag to start the quoted material, another to stop it.

And yes, I'm saying there are no Americans willing to do those jobs for the wages that are paid. You wanna have those jobs go to Americans? Enforce mandatory wages of $10 an hour for strawberry picking. I promise you Americans will line up around the block.
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

And yes, I'm saying there are no Americans willing to do those jobs for the wages that are paid. You wanna have those jobs go to Americans? Enforce mandatory wages of $10 an hour for strawberry picking. I promise you Americans will line up around the block.

so according to you it is ok to hire illegals and put them almost into a slave labor type job? long hard hours, poor working conditions at lower wages than allowed by law?

OK, so I guess you don't actually know anything about the reason for the holdup in deportation.

there are alot of reasons that deportation gets held up. but what would the reason be for flying from mexico to ohare and then have to be let go? That is what Marcos doesn't understand( my customer that is the imigration officer) he is denied deportation on about 90% of all illegals that fit this description. the other 10% are taken and he doesn't know what happens to most of them. The illegals get detained, proven they are illegal and then the door is opened and they walk away. the system is messed up, but if we errored on the side of protecting the US the problem would start to go away because the illegals would start realize that they would be fighting a loosing battle and start to stay in mexico. (or were ever they are from)

he is denied deportation on about 90% of all illegals that fit this description.

That does sound strange, and I can see why he would be frustrated. How can these people even get on a flight to the US? My experience with international travel is that I have to show that I have a passport, appropriate visas, etc before I can get on the plane. No airline wants the expense of taking people back, plus these days there probably wouldn't be an empty seat.

...if we errored on the side of protecting the US the problem would start to go away because the illegals would start realize that they would be fighting a loosing battle and start to stay in mexico. (or were ever they are from)

No disagreement from me about that.

Don

so according to you it is ok to hire illegals and put them almost into a slave labor type job? long hard hours, poor working conditions at lower wages than allowed by law?

Still havent figured out the reply system yet eh?

Stop putting words into my mouth. What needs to happen is employers need to be forced to pay competitive (and legal) wages. If they did, Americans would take the jobs, there wouldn't be any reason for illegal immigration, and the problem would be solved without your gestapo 1943 mentality

"Forced"?

Your liberalness is showing>:(

Edited to Add:

Nope, sorry, your comunism is showing[:/]

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

"Forced"?

Your liberalness is showing>:(

Edited to Add:

Nope, sorry, your comunism is showing[:/]

Do you even know what communism IS? Or you just remember Ronnie telling you it was bad and that's all you need to know? Employers don't pay barely anything in a communist society as almost all the check goes directly to the government. Here's a tip scooter, the government ALREADY "forces" employers to pay a minimum wage. Im just saying it should be enforced in jobs that are mostly done by illegal aliens.

It's pretty obvious you have very strong opinions on subjects you do not fully (or even partially) understand.

Stop putting words into my mouth. What needs to happen is employers need to be forced to pay competitive (and legal) wages. If they did, Americans would take the jobs, there wouldn't be any reason for illegal immigration, and the problem would be solved without your gestapo 1943 mentality

I think it is you that has not figured out the system yet. If there are no cheap illegals to hire the contractor would have to pay higher wages to fill the job.

Do you think it's possible to have no illegal aliens whatsoever in the USA?

What kind of system would make that possible, given the large size of the country, and the value that we place on independence and privacy both for individuals and companies?

Would you want to live with such a system yourself?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Do you think it's possible to have no illegal aliens whatsoever in the USA?

What kind of system would make that possible, given the large size of the country, and the value that we place on independence and privacy both for individuals and companies?

Would you want to live with such a system yourself?

Wendy P.

no but i am sure 10+ million is a little much, don't you?

What needs to happen is employers need to be forced to pay competitive (and legal) wages. If they did, Americans would take the jobs, there wouldn't be any reason for illegal immigration,

Perhaps, if only those people who are legally entitled to work here could be hired, the market for labor would tighten up and employers would find they need to offer decent wages to find employees willing to work for them. The only "forcing" would be by market forces, with no need for governmental intervention. Hey, it's worth a try.

Heh, how's that for a "liberal plot".

Don

I think it is you that has not figured out the system yet. If there are no cheap illegals to hire the contractor would have to pay higher wages to fill the job.

Right, I'M having problems with the "reply to" feature. That's why all of your replies are enclosed with "in reply to". Its common sense man.

And no, it doesn't work that way. There will ALWAYS be some group willing to work for illegally low wages. The only way to stop it is to actually enforce the minimum wage laws that are already in place to prevent exactly this sort of thing.