warpedskydiver

Somali Christians Beheaded for Converting from Islam

>Christians are beheading people in the streets there to?

No, just blowing them to bits in the name of Christ:

I'm confused. If Darius is a US citizen and he lives here . . . where is that tank being used that relates to the comments so far?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>where is that tank being used that relates to the comments so far?

Muslims are beheading people in the streets in the name of their god. Christians are blowing people to bits in the name of theirs. Neither one, to me, is all that great. Your opinion may differ, of course.

A present day illustration of martyrdom for Christ. Once a person experiences a relationship with Jesus he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.

A present day illustration of martyrdom for Allah. Once a person experiences a relationship with Allah he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.

A present day illustration of martyrdom for the USMC. Once a person experiences a relationship with the USMC he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.

Fanatics all sound the same to me.

But how do you tell if someone is a fanatic? Willing to kill or die for their belief? Does it depend on the belief?

A present day illustration of martyrdom for Christ. Once a person experiences a relationship with Jesus he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.

A present day illustration of martyrdom for Allah. Once a person experiences a relationship with Allah he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.

A present day illustration of martyrdom for the USMC. Once a person experiences a relationship with the USMC he understands that death is not an important enough reason to renounce that relationship.

Fanatics all sound the same to me.

But how do you tell if someone is a fanatic? Willing to kill or die for their belief? Does it depend on the belief?

I don't give a rat's ass if you're willing to die for whatever invisible sky god you believe in.

When you start talking about killing others for not believing the same superstition you do, that when you're a fanatic.
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

When you start talking about killing others for not believing the same superstition you do, that when you're a fanatic.

A Christian fanatic is anyone who loves Jesus Christ more than you do.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I am not Christian in any way. I know plenty of Christians that are not fanatics. Your definition is flawed.

I am not Christian in any way. I know plenty of Christians that are not fanatics. Your definition is flawed.

Are they Spirit filled Christians, carnal Christians or Christmas and Easter Christians hoping to get their ticket punched?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I think anyone trying to impose his or her beliefs on to others by force is a fanatic.

My personal opinion: FUCK THEM ALL. Really I can’t wait till all these idiots die of the planet so we can go on and actually progress as a species.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I think anyone trying to impose his or her beliefs on to others by force is a fanatic.

My personal opinion: FUCK THEM ALL. Really I can’t wait till all these idiots die of the planet so we can go on and actually progress as a species.

by your definition, ron would be a fanatic! i tend to agree.. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I wouldn't hold your breath.....

On a lighter note, nations armies shouldn't be sent to fight one another - that is fucking daft. I've always been a big believer the fight should be between the two leaders that have the dispute. In a boxing ring - televised internationally - with chainsaws.:)
I fucking mean that.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Well one of these days I will wise up to your level and not disappointment you anymore.:S Keep comparing Christians to people who behead others. I need the laugh.

The atrocities comitted by Christians in the former Yugoslovia, Tha massacre of women and children in refugee camps in Beirut by Christians, The role of Catholics in the genocide in Rwanda. The list goes on and on, and dont forget the MD just shot in the head while at chuch by the Jesus freak.

Hope you get a chuckle.

The atrocities comitted by Christians in the former Yugoslovia, Tha massacre of women and children in refugee camps in Beirut by Christians, The role of Catholics in the genocide in Rwanda. The list goes on and on, and dont forget the MD just shot in the head while at chuch by the Jesus freak.

Hope you get a chuckle.

So does that mean that if anyone who commits an act of violence or a group of people is responsible for an attrocity, it is their religion that is the cause of that violence?

Hope you get a chuckle.

So does that mean that if anyone who commits an act of violence or a group of people is responsible for an attrocity, it is their religion that is the cause of that violence?

I don't think JClalor was saying that was the case. If you look at the post he was responding to (one which might be interpreted at painting Muslims with a broad brush), he was essentially saying the opposite.

I don't think JClalor was saying that was the case. If you look at the post he was responding to (one which might be interpreted at painting Muslims with a broad brush), he was essentially saying the opposite.

I guess my point was that it's awful simplistic (and in most of those cases, blatantly false) to associate those actions to religion.

Are they Spirit filled Christians, carnal Christians or Christmas and Easter Christians hoping to get their ticket punched?

So much for evryone being equal in the eyes of God..... What were you saying about fanatics?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I guess my point was that it's awful simplistic (and in most of those cases, blatantly false) to associate those actions to religion.

Can you expand on why you believe that? Seems to me the examples were very good ones. (and I'll also throw in to the hat the Catholics and Protestant secatarian killings and attacks in Northern Ireland for good measure.)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Can you expand on why you believe that? Seems to me the examples were very good ones. (and I'll also throw in to the hat the Catholics and Protestant secatarian killings and attacks in Northern Ireland for good measure.)

Having experienced the Bosnian conflict first hand, it was obvious to me that religion had little or nothing to do with it. The vast majority of Bosnian men had never been to a mosque prior to the outbreak of the war. The sides never ralied under the religious banner. The media and others found it easy to group them into Catholic, Muslim and Orthodox. Although the roots that could be traced back hundreds of years did have religulous ties, the issue in this conflict was a about weak men who could realize power by injecting fear and panic into those that believed them. These were not religious people, rather those saw an opportunity to control others and seized it.

Having experienced the Bosnian conflict first hand, it was obvious to me that religion had little or nothing to do with it. The vast majority of Bosnian men had never been to a mosque prior to the outbreak of the war. The sides never ralied under the religious banner. The media and others found it easy to group them into Catholic, Muslim and Orthodox. Although the roots that could be traced back hundreds of years did have religulous ties, the issue in this conflict was a about weak men who could at believed them. These were not religious people, rather those saw an opportunity to control others and seized it.

It is easy to group them by religion as this is what the war in Bosnia was about, The Orthodox Christian Serbs after the breakup of Yugoslovia wanted the Muslims out of Bosnia or dead. The 8,000 dead Muslims in Scebenica mass graves was not by accident. If 8,000 Christians ended up in mass graves at the hand of muslims, you know the response from the west would have been much different. The press seldom mentioned religion in this war except when it came to muslims. I remember seeing many large orthodox crosses on serb tanks and crosses and orthodox saints on the stocks of AK-47's.

So much for evryone being equal in the eyes of God..... What were you saying about fanatics?

To answer the question, fanatic is an adjective used by the observer to a greater extent than the participant.

The NT covenant states that we all have equal opportunity to come into relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Most refuse to accept the gift.

Again you are over generalizing what occurred.

The atrocities were perpetuated by all sides and the fact is that religion had little to do with the fighting, it was used as a way to say "oh please help us poor ____" but in the end that was a blood bath perpetuated by greed and power.

To say there was one aggressor is just plain wrong, there were groups who collaborated together and then turned on each other.

The blowing of the bridge was not by accident, they wanted the fight to be ongoing and there to be no escape.

Who blew up the bridge?;)

[

reply]Again you are over generalizing what occurred.

The atrocities were perpetuated by all sides and the fact is that religion had little to do with the fighting, it was used as a way to say "oh please help us poor ____" but in the end that was a blood bath perpetuated by greed and power.

To say there was one aggressor is just plain wrong, there were groups who collaborated together and then turned on each other.

The blowing of the bridge was not by accident, they wanted the fight to be ongoing and there to be no escape.

Who blew up the bridge?;)

The Catholics ( Croats) blew up the bridge at Mostar during a cease fire.
90% percent of the civilian deaths were "ethnic Bosnians" or Muslims.

Serbians = Orthodox Christians
Croatians = Catholics
Ethnic Bosnians = Muslim

Many Orthodox Christian volunteers came to fight for the Serbs, they camefrom Russia, Europe the US, and in particular Greece. Some of the worse atrocities were committed by the greek under the blessing of the Greek Orthodox church.

I know this was not 100% war of religion but most of the atrocities were and religion did play a part. We will have to just agree to disagree on the extent that religion played,