Andy9o8

Faith Healing Parents Let Daughter Die of Untreated Diabetes

If you knew the plan of Him whom you disbelieve it would not be that hard to understand. On a side note, how many of you who are indignant over this heinous crime support abortion?

Strawman argument. If you want to start an abortion thread go start one.

Do try to stick to arguing the point at hand.

Basically, this child died to validate the superstitious ignorance of the parents. It's just more proof that fundamentalism is a mental disorder.

If you believe in a talking snake, it's no great stretch to believe that you are doing a child a favor by letting it die from a treatable ailment.

That is so ridiculous it is pretty much undefineable. That logic under any other topic would probably get a person labeled neurotic.

Label me as you like. I once tried to discern reality like you, limiting it to what little my mind could comprehend. Comparing what I know now to what I knew then, I am glad to be a fool for God any day:)

Well, it's a typical religion issue - a religious person believes that others should be happy to suffer or even die because of their beliefs. Not really different from those who bombs buildings or burns witches.

Or invaded counries!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

That is so ridiculous it is pretty much undefineable. That logic under any other topic would probably get a person labeled neurotic.

Label me as you like. I once tried to discern reality like you, limiting it to what little my mind could comprehend. Comparing what I know now to what I knew then, I am glad to be a fool for God any day:)

and therein lies the problem; children havent developed their minds completely, and its much easier to believe in a fairytale than reality..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Today's devotion from Oswald Chambers as follows:

August 5th.

THE BAFFLING CALL OF GOD

"And all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man shall be accomplished....And they understood none of these things.” Luke xviii. 31, 34.
God called Jesus Christ to what seemed unmitigated disaster. Jesus Christ called His disciples to see Him put to death; He led every one of them to the place where their hearts were broken. Jesus Christ's life was an absolute failure from every standpoint but God's But what seemed failure from man's standpoint was a tremendous triumph from God's, because God's purpose is never man's purpose.
There comes the baffling call of God in our lives also. The call of God can never be stated explicitly; it is implicit. The call of God is like the call of the sea, no one hears it but the one who has the nature of the sea in him. It cannot be stated definitely what the call of God is to, because His call is to be in comradeship with Himself for His own purposes, and the test is to believe that God knows what He is after. The things that happen do not happen by chance, they happen entirely in the decree of God. God is working out His purposes.
If we are in communion with God and recognize that He is taking us into His purposes, we shall no longer try to find out what His purposes are. As we go on in the Christian life it gets simpler, because we are less inclined to say—Now why did God allow this and that? Behind the whole thing lies the compelling of God. "There's a divinity that shapes our ends.” A Christian is one who trusts the wits and the wisdom of God, and not his own wits. If we have a purpose of our own, it destroys the simplicity and the leisureliness which ought to characterize the children of God.

Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.