ChristSkyd

The Roman Road for Christian Skydivers

What's the point of a psychic reading if it doesn't give details?

It's just hog-wash, scare mongery.

you know, i have a friend, her parents are with some sort of sect; they actually sold all their possesions and gave everything away, waiting for the UFO's to pick them up. that was back in the 80's, it was in all newspapers, people (non-members) went to watch if they could catch a glimpse of the god-UFO's.. there were riots and people got banged up good!

sad to say, my friend is still a believer, the UFOs never turned up, their pastor has died a very normal death..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Dude, If it don't happen , will you concede that its all bull crap??? Posts like these are starting to sound like trolls, only I suspect you are a honest person who actually believes this rubbish. That is the scary bit, that in this day and age in the first world, people can still think the devil is imminently going to arrive....

wow.

Can I get a firm date please if your certain it's gonna happen as I will cash in all my investments and go see my friend. He will sort me out, and I wont have to sober up as I'll time it so the last of it gets used up as the devil arrives.

That will be one hell of a trip.

Dude, If it don't happen , will you concede that its all bull crap???

Of course not. He gives a date, but heck - it could be any year. So each year they just hit the Reset Button. How convenient. Read Chuteless's posts and you'll see the exact same BS.

Hmmm, lets see...

Romans 3:10 As it is written: “ There is none righteous, no, not one;
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Romans 10:9,10 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

3:10.... I doubt that very much. I know a great many good people.
3:20... This whole "sin" idea makes me itch. I'm not able to worry about going against the will of yet another god.... if I worry about offending yours, I've got to worry about pissing off Lord Rayden, Vishnu, Zeus, et al... Fall short of the glory? Again, not worried. Wasn't trying to be as glorious as your deity anyway. I'll settle for being as good of a human being as I can, and let it go at that.
5:12... Death spread to all men? Nonsense. It didn't "spread". This is written from an assumption that at some point in the past, men didn't die. All organisms die. Yes, us, too.
5:8... Huh? I've heard this one for years. Still doesn't make any sense. Whether your prophet allowed himself to be killed or not doesn't do anything for us. "Died for our sins" is the usual line. Even assuming I grant any validity to your idea of "sin", theres no connection between his death and anything I may do wrong in life. If he can die for our sins, can I do whippets for breast cancer?
6:23... Since we're all going to die anyway, how bout I sin as much as I want? Besides, "Life in jesus christ" just doesn't sound appealing, let alone forever. In any case, again, everything dies eventually. I'm currently enjoying my time in the light. When its over, its over, and I'll be happy to dissipate back into the component elements and energy from which I came. Your prophet really can't do much about that one way or the other. In any case, I do not want eternal life... imagine how bored you'd get with whatevers on TV....
10:23.... I tested this one. Didn't work. I was already experiencing the real analog to what you call "heaven", the state of pure joy I experience when wingsuiting down a cloud with all my friends. At the end of the flight, I pulled and got massive line twists that started to spiral. I said, "CHRIST!!!" and waited a bit. Nothing happened. I figured if hes gonna save me he better get on with it, cause I'm running outta altitude. Got sick of waiting, fixed the line twists and saved myself. This christ of yours is unreliable. Good thing I've got airbags.
10:9-10... Oh, wait...I had to -really- believe, AND "confess with my mouth?" Thats kind of redundant... what else could I "confess" with...my anus? Usually when I speak with THAT, I just get this honking sound and people get mad and tell me to get the fuck out of the plane, plus theres this nasty smell.... In any case, the only believing that will ever save me is my belief in my own ability to get myself out of whatever precarious situation I've got myself into this time. Its not like that hasn't happened before...
And confessing anything was the last thing on my mind at the time. I was saved anyway, by my own action. Looks like I can skip that step in the whole "salvation" chain of events. I like to scientific about orchestrating events, and if it doesn't have anything to do with dealing with the situation, I leave it out of the sequence of events. Usually theres time concerns, and confessing stuff in a crisis, or at any other time actually, just doesn't help. Can you suggest something a little more practical next time?
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

>Read Chuteless's posts and you'll see the exact same BS.

Well, Chuteless does give exact dates at least.

I think Chuteless and Ron are sharing the same bag of shrooms :S

easy to "meet" god then, isnt it!? :D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I'll tell you all what - when yet ANOTHER scriptural deadline for the end of the world (or the end of whatever) passes, why don't all you folks come over to my place and we will have some margaritas and a BBQ.

see you soon (I expect)

Then why are you calling those "last days" if you do not really know?

The people that study Biblical prophecy use the term. All the prophecies have been fulfilled except those relating to the end times. That study is call Eschatology. The final chapter started, according to the experts, when Israel became a Nation in 1948.

Matthew 24:31-44 (New King James Version)

31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Parable of the Fig Tree

32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it[d] is near—at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
No One Knows the Day or Hour

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[e] but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour[f] your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

The key word is generation. No one knows the length of that term. In Biblical study it can mean one life time, 100 years, or an era.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I'll tell you all what - when yet ANOTHER scriptural deadline for the end of the world (or the end of whatever) passes, why don't all you folks come over to my place and we will have some margaritas and a BBQ.

see you soon (I expect)

You guys are trying to put words in my mouth. See post #38 this thread.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

see you soon (I expect)

You guys are trying to put words in my mouth. See post #38 this thread.

you're right, we're all haters.. putting out BS, but not willing to accept the same, this kind of two-faced thinking/acting is what puts me off mostly about religion.. :S
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

we simply disagree with you, and all the premises which you state as 'fact'.

Since I do not believe the most basic premises of Christianity, I also therefore disagree with any hypothesis that you might draw from said 'basic premises of Christianity' including any and all readings or scriptures, Romans, or otherwise.

it is all bunk, I wish you would put your energy to trying to solve the immediate problems of the world, hunger, education, healthcare, instead of worshipping a deity,

"faith" obviously does not mean "reason".. "facts" usually are in conjunction with "reason"; hence, "faith" and "reason" will never go together..

there was this hare-krishna guy that sold books at a parking lot in my city for a long time. i spent HOURS discussing the flaws of any religion. to no end, he'd always have a smart ass answer to it.. just no use in wasting energy on that.. :S

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

we simply disagree with you, and all the premises which you state as 'fact'.

Since I do not believe the most basic premises of Christianity, I also therefore disagree with any hypothesis that you might draw from said 'basic premises of Christianity' including any and all readings or scriptures, Romans, or otherwise.

it is all bunk, I wish you would put your energy to trying to solve the immediate problems of the world, hunger, education, healthcare, instead of worshipping a deity,

The following is a repost from another thread but applicable here as well.

If one is accountable to society then the person must obey the laws of his family, community, etc.

If one is accountable to God then the person must choose the path. The Holy Bible states that God's plan is through Jesus Christ as the gateway. All other spiritual plans are man made and therefore fall short.

So, the first question is, "Do I want to follow a spiritual path in life?"

If the answer is yes, the next question is, "How do I choose the correct path?"

In my case I studied witchcraft, spiritism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Carlos Castaneda, astrology, numerology, Eckankar, et.al. I received a spiritual epiphany when I was stranded alone in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "Why don't you try Jesus? You've tried everything else."

As for your last statement, I am turning my energy toward the human condition in the world of skydivers. I am only interested in helping the lost individual find a path out of the woods. I believe Christianity is the best path but it is not the only path.

In the skydiving community we have lost members to alcoholism, addiction and other mental health issues that have gone all the way to suicide.

I was almost a terminal victim and I have dedicated the last 28 years to helping those I am able to reach. I am always searching. DropZone.com is only one venue for me.

I was ASO when Z'hills suffered its first fatality. It was drug related. Some years back a skydiver spent the day jumping and partying at SDC then went up on the bunker and shot himself. Several jumpers have gone in at SDC with no apparent reason. Were they suicides or just accidents? We don't know.

Did you have any inclination that these people were in trouble? If you did have such awareness how did you reach out to them? What would you do now? How would you offer help?

You are a DZO with plenty on your plate. No one really expects you to be crisis counselor as well. I am a counselor and I can offer help. I prefer Christian based counseling but I can operate with other techniques. The smart thing, IMO, would be to take advantage of my service rather than fight it.

alright, I know I'm a smartass about this stuff from time to time, but this time I will be serious.

I think it is a BIG mistake when some Christians start up with the End Times predictions, the science-denying, & trying to second-guess God (doing such things as saying hurricanes are caused by homosexuals, etc.)

If Christians are supposed to spread the Word of God, they should not be seen indulging in using their religion to justify ideas that are demonstrably untrue (ie, endtimes date-setting, where the date passes & proves the predictions untrue).

The Catholic church has been around a long time & knows enough by now to discourage end-times hoopla, and trying to use religion to start a conflict with science, etc. So have many mainstream Protestants & other types of Christians as well.

The more extreme fundy types still go in for this foolishness, and it makes Christianity as a whole look bad.

I believe that some of the more extremist Christian types do more to push people away from Christianity than anything the most strident atheist could ever do.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

now that you mention suicide; how many people would you guess killed themselves, because their religion states that what they did/are doing is sinful!? or live a life in guilt that stems from faulty ideas!?

i bet its the "right" path.. :|

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

people kill themselves for a lot of reasons, not because they failed to 'find spirituality'. Lots of people have killed themselves (and their families and others) BECAUSE of their belief in some 'god'

Admire your desire to solve the worlds problems through Christianity, but show me some numbers that it is actually working. I expect that people 'with or without' faith, still kill themselves.

Faith will not cure manic depression. Your counseling might help, but ultimately, that person might actually need MEDICATION......

bully for the helping skydivers part though - I just disagree with your methods. Please do not ever approach me with a Christian solution to my problems.

I have helped and counseled MANY people at Skydive City over the years. I just do it with a more practical approach, jobs, education, mental help, whatever. For every solution that you might have using faith, I can come up with a practical solution that has nothing to do with faith.

alright, I know I'm a smartass about this stuff from time to time, but this time I will be serious.

I think it is a BIG mistake when some Christians start up with the End Times predictions, the science-denying, & trying to second-guess God (doing such things as saying hurricanes are caused by homosexuals, etc.)

If Christians are supposed to spread the Word of God, they should not be seen indulging in using their religion to justify ideas that are demonstrably untrue (ie, endtimes date-setting, where the date passes & proves the predictions untrue).

The Catholic church has been around a long time & knows enough by now to discourage end-times hoopla, and trying to use religion to start a conflict with science, etc. So have many mainstream Protestants & other types of Christians as well.

The more extreme fundy types still go in for this foolishness, and it makes Christianity as a whole look bad.

I believe that some of the more extremist Christian types do more to push people away from Christianity than anything the most strident atheist could ever do.

+1

The key word is generation. No one knows the length of that term. In Biblical study it can mean one life time, 100 years, or an era.

How convenient for not being able to nail down specifics.

Are you sure you also don't know what all of the other terms mean.

BTW - generation has a very specific meaning.
Look it up.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley