billeisele

Liberals and Conservatives

Read and then flame away:

For those that don't know about history . Here is a condensed version:

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct
subgroups:

1. Liberals, and
2. Conservatives..

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can was invented yet, so while our early humans were
sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they
just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages
were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the
nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and
hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal
movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of
Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and
beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the
largest, most powerful land animal on earth... the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food is standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Coors Light. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, members of the military, airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when
conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when
conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Many became lawyers and were known among their own as the intellectual elite.

Conservatives found them amusing. :D
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Nice story. Too bad it's completely false.

Why is it that some people just want to completely make up stories rather than at least having a hint of truth in them? Is it because they just can't stand to be exposed to even a hint of the truth?

Look up the history of the words conservative and liberal and compare them to what you'd like to believe they are versus what they really are.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't care who you vote for, that's good humored politics.

I question your claim of universal acceptance of this as humor.

Prove it. ;)

BTW, while some may think Larry the Cable guy is funny, I'm not so sure hack paraphrasing of his bits is.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

merely copied from an email I received today, sometimes you just have to laugh

sometimes in here there is just too much seriousness :D

heck, the 8th grade history books in Charleston still have a chapter on the War of Northern Aggression

and the SOB folks (those living South of Broad) will tell you that the Cooper and Ashley rivers come together in the mouth of Charleston harbor to form the Atlantic Ocean

now that is some funny stuff

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I don't care who you vote for, that's good humored politics.

I question your claim of universal acceptance of this as humor.

Prove it. ;)

BTW, while some may think Larry the Cable guy is funny, I'm not so sure hack paraphrasing of his bits is.

Who's Larry the Cable Guy??????;)

Funny, except that Coors may be domestic, but it's definitely NOT beer. It's domestic pee water for all the NASCAR loving yocals, along with all the Anheiser-Busch products.

For a REAL domestic BEER, I'll take a Sam Adams B|

Or hell, why not:
Shiner
Magic Hat
Stone
St. Arnolds
DogFish Head
Left Hand
New Belgium
Red Hook
Allagash
Rogue
Abita
Saranac
Sierra Nevada

I think drinking an American brewed beer with real American craft put into it would be a lot better than some big corporation high production low cost pee. And it doesn't even have to be imported!

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

>Funny, except that Coors may be domestic, but it's definitely NOT beer.

Wanna hear something funny? The original version of that little piece contained "Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud." Of course, now that it's owned by an international conglomerate, they don't really want to admit drinking it any more. But someone's drinking it, and it ain't liberals.

I'm lucky around here to have a bunch of the country's best breweries nearby. We have Lost Abbey, Alesmith, Ballast Point, Stone Brewing, Green Flash and Lightning all within biking distance. Older Viscosity would be considered undrinkable by most Bud drinkers, and Bella Proximus would just make them cry.

Ugh. Bud isn't even good enough to tame the flames on a BBQ grill.

Dark Guiness on tap, please.

edit:

And I lived in Germany. For those of you who are beer enthusiasts, that would mean I know what real beer tastes like. A real guinness is the best beer I have EVER had. The beer in Germany was really good, but I don't remember it so well. (My time there is very blurry to me now)

Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans.

Odd, since it was the Liberals who founded America, and the Conservatives who wanted to suck up to Mother England (the Loyalists).

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Coors Light.

which tastes like cold dish water. What was wrong with original Coors, which at least tastes like beer? Conservatives are supposed to be macho & support tradition, so why are they so concerned with their waistlines over the flavor?

And yes, why is it that if Liberals are supposed to be so "femmy", that they are the ones who want Domestic American beer to have color and character and flavor, whereas so many Conservatives want their beer to be as watered down as possible??

Well, it is said that people who like Lite Beer don't really like beer, they just like to pee a lot.

Maybe the Conservatives are in too much of a hurry to rush into the Men's Room & start tapping on the floor.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Whoops Coors is now owned by Molson.. Damn Canadians. Where is John Candy and his invasion force when you need him. Ah! Canadian Bacon.

On a side note Surly beer is pretty good and brewed right here in Minneapolis, MN.

Oh and about piss beer, don't knock Hamms, til your tried it. It is from the land of sky blue waters.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

I like this thread - the other one is still a partisan pissing contest.

This one is just turning into good beer recommendations.

:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

What was wrong with original Coors, which at least tastes like beer? Conservatives are supposed to be macho & support tradition, so why are they so concerned with their waistlines over the flavor?

yaaa.... Coors Original is good stuff! I like good beer as much as the next guy bt I see nothing wrong with Coors or Bud heavy. I have a buddy that is a master brewer for Rock Bottom Brewery and he really knows his beer. He loves all types and really opened my eyes to many different types. You know what he drinks when he is just out at a bar???? Budweiser..... it is not guiness but it is a good lager imho. Ok..... feel free to slam me for saying that now. Oh, and I would take Coors light over that piss they call Miller lite any day!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

>I have a buddy that is a master brewer for Rock Bottom Brewery and he
>really knows his beer. He loves all types and really opened my eyes to
>many different types.

Cool, someone who doesn't label the sorts of beer they don't like "piss!" That's a rarity nowadays.

>Oh, and I would take Coors light over that piss they call Miller lite any day!

Hmm. Never mind.

>I have a buddy that is a master brewer for Rock Bottom Brewery and he
>really knows his beer. He loves all types and really opened my eyes to
>many different types.

Cool, someone who doesn't label the sorts of beer they don't like "piss!" That's a rarity nowadays.

>Oh, and I would take Coors light over that piss they call Miller lite any day!

Hmm. Never mind.

hahaha :D ya it is overused...... I am not a beer snob but that stuff just leaves a weird taste. I have never been a fan.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Coors and Bud are pee because they supplement the brewing of beer with rice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser_(Anheuser-Busch)

Budweiser is 40% made of rice. Instead of using a proper brewing grain which adds flavor like barley, wheat, or rye, companies that make Coors and Bud hold back on the quality ingredients and add a cheap rice substitute to get the grain sugars without adding any flavor at all. Essentially it's fermented rice water (pee). It is NOT beer.

According to the original German purity laws:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

It would have been illegal to even label Bud or Coors as real beer. Unfortunately this world has poor labeling laws when it comes to beer. One can pee in a bottle and sell it as "beer". One reason to drink wine, at least the labeling laws make sure what it says is what you get! If McDonalds sold you one of their burger beef patties while telling you it was filet mignon, would you just believe it, eat it, and smile?

Read up on the ingredients from some of the breweries listed above, you're probably going to find that they all use proper, quality beer ingredients and aren't interested in using cheap substitutional ingredients to lower costs.

Bud and Coors may represent the conglomerated American way by selling a crappy watered down mislabeled product, but when it comes to pride in an American Beer, I'll take American craft and quality any day.
Hit me up on Facebook

>Coors and Bud are pee because they supplement the brewing of beer with rice.

?? So? I have had excellent beers made with rye and wheat as well as barley. I've had some great beers that have also used raisins, cherries, apricots, hemp, raspberries, and coriander. And believe me, none of them are close to pee. According to the Reinheitsgebot, none of them are "real beer" - which is fine with me, but which greatly limits the brewing experiences one might have.

>Read up on the ingredients from some of the breweries listed above, you're
>probably going to find that they all use proper, quality beer ingredients and
>aren't interested in using cheap substitutional ingredients to lower costs.

You're also going to find a much more limited variety of beers available if you limit the ingredients you're willing to have in your beer. And there's nothing wrong with that - but you're still missing out on some very cool beers. (BTW, the reason they use rice is not "because it's cheap.")

I went through a lot of phases with Budweiser. In college, Bud in bottles was a luxury; we tended towards Red White and Blue and Stroh's. Being able to afford Bud longnecks my senior year was a sign that I had finally "made it" - someone was paying me so much I could get any beer I wanted!

Around that time someone brought by a case of beer that no one had ever heard of, from a guy in Boston who was just starting out. He bought it because it was really cheap; they were trying to get it out there into the market. It was called "Sam Adams Boston Lager." We didn't like it.

Then I graduated. I had more money and time. I tried the usual - Heineken, Molson, St Pauli Girl - before I tried Sam Adams again. Now I liked it, for some reason; my tasted had changed again. I also discovered breweries like Pyramid and Widmer. They cost more, but I could afford it with my amazing $20,000 a year salary.

I was well on my way to becoming a beer snob. I started looking down at Bud. "Piss!" I'd exclaim, to demonstrate my good taste. "You know why drinking Bud and having sex in a canoe are similar?"

I moved out to California and started discovering even more breweries. Stone Brewing, Lost Abbey, Lost Coast, the Lang and Deschutes to name a few. I also met Tomme Arthur, who is a brilliant brewer, and who now travels the world taking people on beer tours, hosting dinners with beer pairings and organizing joint brewing projects. I learned a tremendous amount from him about brewing, tasting beer and ass-aged dextrose. And he drank Mickey's and Bud.

What was this? Bud? And . . . Mickey's? Heck, we'd get that when we couldn't afford Bud! But he liked it because it's just plain beer without much that needs analysis or critique.

During that time, I was reading "Ambitious Brew" a book about the history of brewing in the US. They talked about what Anheuser-Busch was going for when they first brewed Budweiser, and why it was so often copied after its introduction - because they had a goal for that beer and they succeeded.

And nowadays when I drink Bud I can see what they were going for. It's not my favorite beer, but I can appreciate it for what it is - an excellent attempt at a certain style of beer. They use rice as an adjunct because that gives them the result they want, just as Ten Commandments uses raisins, Pyramid Hef uses wheat and Hop Rod uses rye to get where they're going.

So I don't condemn A-B (now Inbev) for using rice, because it lets them hit their target. It may not be a target some people like, but that's fine. And it's most certainly beer, even if it doesn't correspond to the official Reinheitsgebot (or people's own personal Reinheitsgebot.)

The point was not that Reinheitsgebot determines what beer is and isn't, the point was about using quality ingredients to make a taste, not sacrifice taste to lower production costs.

Adding extra ingredients to add or enhance flavor is one thing. It's great that breweries experiment with adding "raisins, cherries, apricots, hemp, raspberries, and coriander" I've had many of those (except hemp, where did you get on of those?) and enjoy them

Bud, Coors, etc substitute ingredients with rice. As listed in the ingredients, Bud uses a whopping 40% rice. That sounds like fermented rice water to me. What makes that beer and not watered down Sake?

These 'beers' are right up there in quality with Taco Bell "beef", or the McDonalds 'Chicken McNugget', 100% real quality chicken breast right?

http://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm

What Bud and Coors do is no different. Quality is not part of their vocabularies. Hey you can drink it all you want! But you won't ever convince me it was made with 'quality beer' in mind. It's pee.
Hit me up on Facebook