ChristSkyd

7/7 message for Christian Skydivers

Who am I to question God?

A sentient being with the capacity to do so.

I love that response! Seriously.

One can argue theologically/philosophically that if an all-knowing God gave us the capacity to do so, that it is entirely reasonable for people to do so.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Who am I to question God

One can argue theologically/philosophically that if an all-knowing God gave us the capacity to do so, that it is entirely reasonable for people to do so.

/Marg

And so we do. If we self deify, we reject God and elevate ourselves. If we humble ourselves and seek God, we easily find Him.

i dont accept or reject god(s), just humbly seek proof. any.
not a bible verse
not a lesson, on how to look internally.
just simple, scientific, tangible proof.

The odds of a tornado going through a paint shop and producing a masterpiece can't be less probable than the creation we see around along with the physical laws that keep it functioning. Yet no one seems to have a problem ruling out that possibility when a painting is discovered with an unknown artist.
The proof is everywhere. Look in or look out, but if you look with preconceptions, what ever you find will validate them. Jesus said we have to seek God with the eyes of a child.

i dont accept or reject god(s), just humbly seek proof. any.
not a bible verse
not a lesson, on how to look internally.
just simple, scientific, tangible proof.

The odds of a tornado going through a paint shop and producing a masterpiece can't be less probable than the creation we see around along with the physical laws that keep it functioning. Yet no one seems to have a problem ruling out that possibility when a painting is discovered with an unknown artist.
The proof is everywhere. Look in or look out, but if you look with preconceptions, what ever you find will validate them. Jesus said we have to seek God with the eyes of a child.

= i dont have any simple, scientific, tangible proof.
Born ok 1st time.

The odds of a tornado going through a paint shop and producing a masterpiece can't be less probable than the creation we see around along with the physical laws that keep it functioning.

Exactly how did you reach this conclusion?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

You are certain that Christianity holds the patent on creationism?
Atheism and Christianity are not the black and white of all religious debate.
How about deism or any number of other beliefs?

Jesus said we have to seek God with the eyes of a child.

Ever wonder why he said that? Maybe because if you sought him with the eyes of an adult you might just realise something.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

The proof is everywhere. ...

No it's not. You simply have faith that it is.

Jesus [ may have ] said we have to seek God with the eyes of a child.

Corrected because, once again yours is a faith based statement .. not a proven fact...

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

You are certain that Christianity holds the patent on creationism?
Atheism and Christianity are not the black and white of all religious debate.
How about deism or any number of other beliefs?

I am certain of very little. I have studied much and keep an open mind reguarding all things. But one thing I am certain of is that the Light of God's Word has set me free.

Seminary Grad here....... def. not 1st century

Genesis 1:1
[ The History of Creation ] In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Sin is first mentioned, I believe, in Genesis 4:7 as stated above.

Authorship attributed to Moses, born around 1200 B.C. concerning events approximately 4000 B.C. I did not mean 00-99 A.D. I apologize for the confusion.

Do you REALLY believe the universe was created around 4000BC?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>The odds of a tornado going through a paint shop and producing a
>masterpiece can't be less probable than the creation we see around along
>with the physical laws that keep it functioning.

And all those are about as probable as random forces creating a perfect highway of hexagonal tiles on the northern shore of Ireland. Which is about as probable as random, unthinking forces of nature creating diamonds, quartz crystals, perfectly symmetric hexagonal snowflakes and the Grand Canyon.

Were all those created by God? Maybe by some indirect means, if you think God created physical laws. But we used to think that all such things had to be directly created by some supernatural force, because only such forces could create such structured, ordered forms on such a large scale.

It turns out, of course, that those were just forces of nature interacting with each other to create what we perceive to be an artificial level symmetry and order.

>The odds of a tornado going through a paint shop and producing a
>masterpiece can't be less probable than the creation we see around along
>with the physical laws that keep it functioning.

And all those are about as probable as random forces creating a perfect highway of hexagonal tiles on the northern shore of Ireland. Which is about as probable as random, unthinking forces of nature creating diamonds, quartz crystals, perfectly symmetric hexagonal snowflakes and the Grand Canyon.

Were all those created by God? Maybe by some indirect means, if you think God created physical laws. But we used to think that all such things had to be directly created by some supernatural force, because only such forces could create such structured, ordered forms on such a large scale.

It turns out, of course, that those were just forces of nature interacting with each other to create what we perceive to be an artificial level symmetry and order.

What's artificial about the symmetry of a crystal?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Who am I to question God

/Marg

And so we do. If we self deify, we reject God and elevate ourselves. If we humble ourselves and seek God, we easily find Him.

Where exactly did you find him? Location please.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Jesus said we have to seek God with the eyes of a child.

Ah! We need to seek God before we acquire the wisdom to weed out the flotsam shoveled in our direction.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

>What's artificial about the symmetry of a crystal?

Nothing at all. But some people see a perfect quartz crystal (or the Giant's Causeway, or a snowflake, or a flower) and think that there is no way that nature could have produced that without intelligent guidance. Now we know that such things can be produced by natural forces.

Quotes from my brother.....
"Fanatics!! Can't change their mind and they won't change the subject"

"Best way to deal with these religious nuts is to kick them in the nuts and run away!"

you have to know my brother......

TK I get your point of view and I don't like fanatics either..... but to say Fuck em all and stay the Fuck away from me? I'm a Christian and I would respect if you didn't want to talk about it. I am content with you believeing what you do and jumping at your DZ. Maybe I might even get to jump with you one day. Chrisitan or not I still want to have a great time with you and others..... so should I stay the Fuck away or are you refering to the nutters only?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I like the way you think. Now once we track down where the the laws of nature come from and the matter and energy that responds to their rigid control, we will remove the last layers of the mystery and get closer to the source.