ChristSkyd

7/7 message for Christian Skydivers

Where exactly did you find him? Location please.

Absolutely everywhere! Haven't you heard about the "god particle". But my most important point of contact is spiritual, with the goal of spiritual regeneration.

That would make the location . . .

in your head (or mind).

Not a bad thing, but not something "found" as in I found my keys in the flowerpot. More of a self created thing, as in a feeling.

Yes, familiar with The God Particle; book by Lederman. Great read.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Talk about a misnomer. God has nothing to do with science.

I don't know about your god, but my God is science along with everything else.

" All things came into being through Him; and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being."

Talk about a misnomer. God has nothing to do with science.

I don't know about your god, but my God is science along with everything else.

" All things came into being through Him; and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being."

That's not science; it's pure faith. Let each have dominion over its domain, for ne'er the twain shall meet.

I am certain of very little. I have studied much and keep an open mind reguarding all things. But one thing I am certain of is that the Light of God's Word has set me free....

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New King James Version)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

We have found something, God, that provides peace of mind, security in trials and tribulation, joy in life and the promise of eternity in heaven with Jesus. All we choose to do is share the good news and become light.

The light reveals truth and dispels the darkness and this produces conviction. Conviction is not accepted easily; it is difficult to see it as liberating.

Christian skydivers do well to seek their own and just set an example; hence, the purpose of the Christian Skydivers Association.

You are an excellent witness and express yourself better than I do. God bless you brother.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Muslims confuse me. I have met some who were very friendly and shared easily without animosity. Others have only spoken of the desire to die for Allah.

Then if your god is so great, fair and loving. Why is Mohammed the most popular name on the planet.?
And whay are millions of people never exposed to christianity, and even if they are, would be ostracised out of thier community if they decided to follow it.

It hardly seems fair when the majority of the population of the world are in this situation??

How is your particular god just in ensuring this situation?

Start aiming fo unity and peace, not segregation and war, then you may find we already live in heaven but don't wish to acknowledge it.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Then if your god is so great, fair and loving. Why is Mohammed the most popular name on the planet.?
And why are millions of people never exposed to christianity, and even if they are, would be ostracized out of their community if they decided to follow it.

It hardly seems fair when the majority of the population of the world are in this situation??

How is your particular god just in ensuring this situation?

Start aiming for unity and peace, not segregation and war, then you may find we already live in heaven but don't wish to acknowledge it.

God has given us a time to exercise our free will. To embrace His value system or create our own. This time is finite and will end. He gives us a way out through His Word, so that we don't have to conform to the strife and discord of the worlds system. The manifestation of His Word produces love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, & self control. A persons actions tell more about where they have placed their faith than what they say.

not to get off subject, but why do I get blessed, when I have an allergic reaction? you know "ahh...choo!" "god bless you."

It's a holdover from medieval times, more or less. It was thought that sickness was caused by evil spirits, and so a proper medical remedy was thought to be the blessing of the sick person.

It's similar (without the religious connotation) in a lot of european languages, where you wish someone "good health" or something similar if they sneeze.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

not to get off subject, but why do I get blessed, when I have an allergic reaction? you know "ahh...choo!" "god bless you."

It's a holdover from medieval times, more or less. It was thought that sickness was caused by evil spirits, and so a proper medical remedy was thought to be the blessing of the sick person.

It's similar (without the religious connotation) in a lot of european languages, where you wish someone "good health" or something similar if they sneeze.

My belief is that when you sneeze for that brief second your heart stops (and you die). To bring you 'back to life' (bring your soul back to your body) someone who hears your sneeze says "Bless You", thus restoring your soul.

Medically speaking, the first part of this is 'technically' true.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

"God bless you brother"

It is my understanding that custom comes from the old belief that all impulsive behavior is instigated by a satanic force. Therefore, an impulsive sneeze is corrected by a blessing.

There is some merit to that belief. In the substance abuse/chemical dependency field we focus on the impulsive behavior of the alcoholic/addict. Those folks are impulsive and lack structure in their lives. They tend to live only in the moment and unable to defer satisfaction.

We work with the FTA model as a learning tool.

Feelings lead to thoughts which lead to actions which lead to feelings and so on. We have to learn to expand the thought process. Oswald Chambers says, "We must change impulse into intuition by discipline."

From the standpoint of Christian therapy, the soul is comprised of the mind, emotions and will. To save your soul is an exercise of your will. The individual must decide in favor of salvation. In this aspect a technique developed by Charles Solomon called Spirituotherapy teaches to individual to place Christ at the center replacing self as the guide to proper action. This Christ-centeredness is accomplished by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

An individual receives the indwelling of the Holy Spirit upon accepting Jesus Christ. Receiving the Holy Spirit is known as being "born again."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The lines are being drawn separating the sheep from the goats.

Matthew 25:32 (New King James Version)

All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.

:
In Reply To

The lines are being drawn separating the sheep from the goats.
Matthew 25:32 (New King James Version)

All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.

[sarcasm]yeah what a good guy, makes it fair and square for everyone huh,[/sarcasm]:S

Sounds like an asshole to me! he must be one of those selfish, tunnel vision, closed minded christians, oh wait a minute!

:D:D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

"God bless you brother"

It a little bit like "Have a nice day" .... people say it out of convention but don't necassarily mean it:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

God has given us a time to exercise our free will.

If God can turn it on and off at HIS will, then strictly speaking, WE don't have free will.

We have free will to accept God's plan or reject it. "His will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Remember that line from the Lord's prayer?

Human will is a component of the soul along with the mind and the emotions. We are spirit. We live in a body. We have a soul. The soul is eternal. Were it spends eternity is an individual choice. Accept God's will and His plan through His Son Jesus Christ or, do nothing and take your chances.

It's up to you, your will, your choice.