ChristSkyd

7/7 message for Christian Skydivers

July 7th.

ALL NOBLE THINGS ARE DIFFICULT

"Enter ye in at the strait gate...because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way....” Matthew vii. 13-14.
If we are going to live as disciples of Jesus, we have to remember that all noble things are difficult. The Christian life is gloriously difficult, but the difficulty of it does not make us faint and cave in, it rouses us up to overcome. Do we so appreciate the marvellous salvation of Jesus Christ that we are our utmost for His highest?
God saves men by His sovereign grace through the Atonement of Jesus; He works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure; but we have to work out that salvation in practical living. If once we start on the basis of His Redemption to do what He commands, we find that we can do it. If we fail, it is because we have not practised. The crisis will reveal whether we have been practising or not. If we obey the Spirit of God and practise in our physical life what God has put in us by His Spirit, then when the crisis comes, we shall find that our own nature as well as the grace of God will stand by us.
Thank God He does give us difficult things to do! His salvation is a glad thing, but it is also a heroic, holy thing. It tests us for all we are worth. Jesus is bringing many "sons" unto glory, and God will not shield us from the requirements of a son. God's grace turns out men and women with a strong family likeness to Jesus Christ, not milksops. It takes a tremendous amount of discipline to live the noble life of a disciple of Jesus in actual things. It is always necessary to make an effort to be noble.

My Utmost for His Highest ~ Oswald Chambers

i wonder if there's a muslim or even a buddhist skydivers association.. and how the statistics look in that regard..

:S

I don't know. There are certainly skydivers who follow those paths. You don't hear much about fellowship from those folks. Fellowship is a type of love, phileo or brotherly love. Christians desire fellowship with other Christians. We know we are establishing eternal bonds.

A friend of mine did some missionary outreach in Nepal and he said there is no concept of the love of God in that area. "For God so loved the world," was a fascination to them.

Muslims confuse me. I have met some who were very friendly and shared easily without animosity. Others have only spoken of the desire to die for Allah.

while what you're saying might be true; i dont like fundamentalists of either sort. just imagine, you just blew up and killed 100 innocent people, just to knock on heavens door and find out you prayed to the wrong god(s) all your lifetime. now, wouldnt you feel fucked over!?

better live a righteous life, love thy neighbour, dont beat up your kids nor the wife, have fun, go skydive, party hardy.. i'd rather spend my weekends at a random airport than in any church.

so, dont get me wrong. i was raised catholic n'stuff, but i could never be bothered with religion really. having had some sort of near death experience, i believe "god" (i'd like to see it as a sort of energy thats within us, or that we're part of, hence, we're all "god", i think that makes me a satanist by definition) is something that surrounds us. so, a church should be any given place that you enjoy hanging out at. like an airport for example..

but hey, whatever floats your boat; i just dont like people pushing their beliefs upon others, and sometimes even dare to call the "others" sinful and what not. this is NOT "christian" behaviour, but you see it everyday by so called "christian" organisations.. i'm not implying it doesnt happen with any religion. but being basically christian myself, i can relate to it the most..

:)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Muslims aren't so different from Christians. Muslims believe that all other Muslims are their brothers and sisters and also have home groups where they discuss the Quran together. Also just as there are Christians who believe that its Gods will for them to blow up abortion clinics and their staff there are also nutters who claim to be Muslims. In neither case are they the majority or the norm.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

i wonder if there's a muslim or even a buddhist skydivers association.. and how the statistics look in that regard..

:S

I don't know. There are certainly skydivers who follow those paths. You don't hear much about fellowship from those folks. Fellowship is a type of love, phileo or brotherly love. Christians desire fellowship with other Christians. We know we are establishing eternal bonds.

A friend of mine did some missionary outreach in Nepal and he said there is no concept of the love of God in that area. "For God so loved the world," was a fascination to them.

Muslims confuse me. I have met some who were very friendly and shared easily without animosity. Others have only spoken of the desire to die for Allah.

I think this might be one of the most ignorant things ive ever read here lol.

This perspective is extremely ethno-centric and narrow-minded. It could easily be (narrow-mindedly) said by any member of one religion about another. Often is, in fact.

TK's 7/7 note

"Live well, get an education, do something that you enjoy doing, make some money doing it if you can, try to leave the world a better place than you left it, and be kind to others."

I could come up with more,

All done without ANY Christian or Biblical influence......

"Live well, get an education, do something that you enjoy doing, make some money doing it if you can, try to leave the world a better place than you left it, and be kind to others."

Nice platitudes but you still miss the point. Jesus came to neutralize the sin barrier and restore our relationship with God. Good works done out of a selfless love for humanity (and God) are just a by product.

Nice platitudes but you still miss the point. Jesus came to neutralize the sin barrier and restore our relationship with God. Good works done out of a selfless love for humanity (and God) are just a by product...

Ok, so you claimed that TK missed the point. But what is YOUR point?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

They have mostly Hinduism and Buddhism in Nepal, so it pretty much explains why your friend said that. Ask him how they reacted once they learned that some Jesus loves them.

Christianity confuses me. I have met some who were very friendly and shared easily without animosity. Others - they had sex with children, and murder doctors, and I don't even want to repeat what they said.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Nice platitudes but you still miss the point. Jesus came to neutralize the sin barrier and restore our relationship with God. Good works done out of a selfless love for humanity (and God) are just a by product.

so you still believe in santa claus and the tooth fairy!??
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Nice platitudes but you still miss the point. Jesus came to neutralize the sin barrier and restore our relationship with God. Good works done out of a selfless love for humanity (and God) are just a by product...

Ok, so you claimed that TK missed the point. But what is YOUR point?

My point is that good works are only a minor part of the Christian message. The main message of Christianity is developing a personal relationship with God. After that transformation, good works naturally follow from a regenerated spirit. Good works alone can not produce this relationship only faith in Christ.

The baroque and complex illusory structures I always see christians talking about just do not process at all. WTF is a "sin barrier?"

To see God, we must perceive Him as He originally created us, perfect and uncorrupted. Sin obscures the existence of God and turns His Words into gibberish. Through sin we replace God and insert ourselves as creator, deciding right from wrong.

The baroque and complex illusory structures I always see christians talking about just do not process at all. WTF is a "sin barrier?"

To see God, we must perceive Him as He originally created us, perfect and uncorrupted. Sin obscures the existence of God and turns His Words into gibberish. Through sin we replace God and insert ourselves as creator, deciding right from wrong.

Nah, it's religion that turn peoples words to gibberish. If you want to see how religion can turn otherwise sane people into a bunch of babbling idiots, check out http://www.raptureready.com