BikerBabe

Too much pressure? (Palin to resign as Gov. of Alaska)

the caring, sharing people that give a shit about others and the welfare of the country as a whole won.

Isn't that sweet? All together now, folks! Kum-ba-yaaaaaah my Lord. Kum-ba-yaaaaaah...
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Fox News would love to have her on a show, either weekly or daily.

I think the real reason she resigned is her mounting legal fees. I read a while back that her lawyer bill over "TrooperGate" was $500,000+. A wealthy GOP supporter wanted to pay it off for her but couldn't within the contribution rules. So it will be interesting to see if the bill gets paid soon.

So think about it. Get out of debt a half million $$$'s, get a book deal and a talk show. WAY easier than politics and MUCH more profitable.

And she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of running for POTUS. Look for Charlie Christ and Pawlenty to make a run soon.

could be true. Or there could be something else brewing that we haven't heard about yet. I have a feeling this story is not complete.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I think she's under a lot of emotional stress. That and the Republicans are engaged in a purge of the faithful that's blaming her for losing the election, even though they hate McCain just as much for his lack of Aryan purity.

I did hear some of her rambling press conference, comparing herself to a basketball center who moves up the court with her eye on the basket and passing the ball to someone else for the score shot. She sounded incoherent to me. I think her cheese done slipped off the cracker and wish her a happier and more balanced life out of office - she sounds like she needs it. I will be equally relieved that this is probably the end of her career, nobody will ever take such an unpredictable candidate seriously.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Republicans are engaged in a purge of the faithful that's blaming her for losing the election, even though they hate McCain just as much for his lack of Aryan purity.

Who are these "Republicans" you reference? The same people who selected McCain as their nominee?

It seems like you've decided that a small group (who obviously didn't control the selection of the last Presidential nominee) is the "Republicans." Why do that? Is it easier to dislike them if you can mentally ignore anyone who doesn't fit into your pre-conceived demonization?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Fox News would love to have her on a show, either weekly or daily.

yup - she could work out as a Glenn Beck side-kick

same nervous incoherent rambling and same
"look at me how I can speak my lil' mind"-soap.
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

An article about Palin which points out she has now resigned from her second state office position, (making it 2/2), and insights on possible reasons:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dunn/the-real-story-behind-pal_b_225636.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

An article about Palin which points out she has now resigned from her second state office position, (making it 2/2), and insights on possible reasons:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dunn/the-real-story-behind-pal_b_225636.html

It wasn't quite Richard Nixon's "Checker's Speech," but it was close. In her own awkward vernacular, the Governor was essentially saying to Alaska, "You won't have Sarah Palin to kick around any more."

It wasn't quite Richard Nixon's "Checker's Speech," but it was close. In her own awkward vernacular, the Governor was essentially saying to Alaska, "You won't have Sarah Palin to kick around any more."

LOL... one tiny bit of difference being that Nixon graduated summa cum laude from undergrad, won an academic scholarship to Duke University Law School, and graduated from there as salutatorian.

>IMHO Nixon was a good president, he served during some tough times and
>by today's standards, didn't do much wrong.

If Obama hired thieves to break into Sarah Palin's office to steal material to try to blackmail her, and paid the criminals with a slush fund he kept in Indonesia, you'd defend him saying "he didn't do much wrong?" I have zero doubt that you would be calling for his immediate impeachment, trial and imprisonment.

>IMHO Nixon was a good president, he served during some tough times and
>by today's standards, didn't do much wrong.

If Obama hired thieves to break into Sarah Palin's office to steal material to try to blackmail her, and paid the criminals with a slush fund he kept in Indonesia, you'd defend him saying "he didn't do much wrong?" I have zero doubt that you would be calling for his immediate impeachment, trial and imprisonment.

But would they BASE jump from the roof of the buiilding afterward, and land in garbage trucks?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Republicans are engaged in a purge of the faithful that's blaming her for losing the election, even though they hate McCain just as much for his lack of Aryan purity.

Who are these "Republicans" you reference? The same people who selected McCain as their nominee?

It seems like you've decided that a small group (who obviously didn't control the selection of the last Presidential nominee) is the "Republicans." Why do that? Is it easier to dislike them if you can mentally ignore anyone who doesn't fit into your pre-conceived demonization?

Didn't you know, Tom? Michael Steele is HUGE on that whole "Aryan purity" thing.

Or...someone ELSE's "cheese has slipped off their cracker" - you pick.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Hello, ACORN?

So an unsubstantiated claim of voter fraud is worse than the actual arrest and conviction of criminals hired by the president of the United States to illegally suppress his opposition?

I'm glad I don't live in your world.

>There are other thins that were done during the election, do you want
>charges filed?

If people were breaking the law, yes. If it just made republicans bitter and angry because they lost, no. That's not a crime.

Well there was his downfall, he was a lawyer.:|

That is one profession that certainly attracts those who consider themselves above the law.

I normally don't rise to the lawyer-bait. What you said is bullshit; and no, I'm not willing to get sucked into an argument about it. What I will concede, however, is that there are certain lines of work that provide people of ill character with enhanced training, tools and opportunity to law-break or behave unethically if they're so inclined. Law is one of them, but it is by no means the only one.

IMHO Nixon was a good president, he served during some tough times and by today's standards, didn't do much wrong.

Believe it or not, I think he was a pretty good president, too, in terms of intelligence, vision, political acumen and administrative capabilities. His downfall was a moral and ethical disconnect bred out of having such a dark, paranoid and vindictive personality. Now, I think Clinton was a different example of a good (as in capable) President who also had a dysfunctional moral disconnect. The difference between the two? Clinton's disconnect stems from being your good buddy Bubba, who has the sexual morals of a swine, screws everything in a skirt, and would show you a great time on a 2-week road trip. Nixon's disconnect stemmed from having the black soul of Satan at the core of his heart.

Clinton's disconnect stems from being your good buddy Bubba, who has the sexual morals of a swine, screws everything in a skirt, and would show you a great time on a 2-week road trip.

Got me thinking about the parodies of him on the Conan Obrien show, with the photograph with the moving lips.:D
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

The best explanation for Palin and why she is so polarizing is in this letter and the answer to it, as posted on Salon.com.

http://www.salon.com/mwt/col/tenn/2008/09/29/sarah_palin/index.html

She is a quitter. She had the job 2.5 years and bailed. Just like her college experience. When the going gets tough, she bails. Not what I would consider to be presidential material. Not by a long shot.