BikerBabe

Too much pressure? (Palin to resign as Gov. of Alaska)

My hunch is Lobbyist and CNN Republican political analyst.

Well, there's some words I didn't expect to see together.

I fail to see why you'd think CNN would see her in an analyst role.

Pundit, commentator, just an interesting viewpoint from the extreme right part of the party; sure, why not. But ANALYST? I think most people would want someone with a broader scope as an analyst. Generally speaking, CNN would reserve that title for a person with much greater insider knowledge too. I'm not sure Palin has a whole lot of off the record contacts in DC she's developed over her career.

Wasn't that supposed to be one of her strong points? That she wasn't an insider?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Fox News would love to have her on a show, either weekly or daily.

I think the real reason she resigned is her mounting legal fees. I read a while back that her lawyer bill over "TrooperGate" was $500,000+. A wealthy GOP supporter wanted to pay it off for her but couldn't within the contribution rules. So it will be interesting to see if the bill gets paid soon.

So think about it. Get out of debt a half million $$$'s, get a book deal and a talk show. WAY easier than politics and MUCH more profitable.

And she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of running for POTUS. Look for Charlie Christ and Pawlenty to make a run soon.

Fox News would love to have her on a show, either weekly or daily.

I absolutely agree on that one.

I don't think she's up to speed to have her own show yet, but I can absolutely see where she could easily be groomed for one. Probably take six months to a year to figure out the details of putting one together anyway. More than enough time for her to learn the ins and outs of being on the other side of the interview desk. Well, at least well enough for a lop-sided show like O'Reilly, Beck or Olbermann.

It would be interesting to really see how quick she is on her feet without a scriptwriter. Those shows are just too quickly put together to rely completely on the writing staff. The host really does need to have a lot of stuff in their heads about the subjects in general. It might all be lop-sided and contrived clap trap, but there's a LOT of it.
quade -

She'll likely do a lot of work fundraising for the GOP outside of Alaska. I think she'll work on her interviewing and public speaking skills over the next couple of years and make a White House bid in 2012.
:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Why do you think she resigned?

Details of her secretive trips to Argentina are about to be revealed?

Ya know, it hadn't occurred to me that maybe something in her marriage was going on. If it was her husband fooling around, she could probably just dump him and still maintain her position and face. If it was HER, wow, that would be quite the media circus.

In either case, I sort of doubt that's the reason though.
quade -

Had she been non-religious and had a (D) behind her name I have little doubt she would have been liked by those who hated her and hated by those who dote on her.

And if Stalin had been more like Ghandi I expect a lot more people would have liked him too.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Had she been non-religious and had a (D) behind her name I have little doubt she would have been liked by those who hated her and hated by those who dote on her.

And if Stalin had been more like Ghandi I expect a lot more people would have liked him too.

True. But then Stalin would not have been Stalin and upwards of 20 million Russians wouldn't have been murdered.

and Ghandi would not have been Ghandi had he been a successful barrister and had been non-religious.

Are you comparing Palin and (R) with Stalin?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Details of her secretive trips to Argentina are about to be revealed?

Now, that's a little unfair. A more kind way to say it is that she's a family values republican who is going to spend some time hiking the Appalachian trail.

True. But then Stalin would not have been Stalin and upwards of 20 million Russians wouldn't have been murdered.

If Palin were non-religious and a Dem, she wouldn't be Palin.

and Ghandi would not have been Ghandi had he been a successful barrister and had been non-religious.

Are you comparing Palin and (R) with Stalin?

No, just pointing out the silliness of your statement (although both have names ending in "alin").

"If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle" comes to mind, too.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Wrong analogy.

Republicans are to be compared with Hitler.

Democrats are to be compared with Stalin.

Hence, in a discussion about Palin, the correct analogy would be "if Hitler had been more like Ghandi..."

If Obama had been the subject of discussion, then the Stalin analogy would be used.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Pundit, commentator, just an interesting viewpoint from the extreme right part of the party; sure, why not. But ANALYST?

As to title; you may be right.. as to Fox news, perhaps also. The primary point was; my "hunch" is we'll see her more on the airwaves. As to any of it, right now it's all just crystal ball speculation. She "may" even have had enough of politics period and go into private sector.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

You're definitely among my favorite folks around SC; I would really like to 'hear' what [downwardspiral]'s thoughts are on Gov Palin's motivations to resign too.

/Marg

How about a scandal about to break?

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/07/03/palin-hockey-arena-scandal/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This has got to be a deeply saddening thing for a lot of people who really publicly hate on her. I'm sure the blogosphere and plenty of pundits will have a hard time hating on her (the Huffington Post had a fairly interesting piece hating on the Palin haters.)

Hey - here's a woman who rose quickly to some power. Had she been non-religious and had a (D) behind her name I have little doubt she would have been liked by those who hated her and hated by those who dote on her.

I hope she goes into private life and makes a fortune. It doesn't mean I'll buy her books or her see her speaking tours. But I will miss seeing Cybil Shepherd keynoting a women in industry and government conference openly berating a woman who did what Shepherd was advocating needed to happen.

Hopefully she will do some Moose hunting with that AR-15 Beowulf that Bob Reynolds of Templar Consulting built for her.

600 grain rounds should drop them right in their tracks.

You're definitely among my favorite folks around SC; I would really like to 'hear' what [downwardspiral]'s thoughts are on Gov Palin's motivations to resign too.

/Marg

How about a scandal about to break?

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/07/03/palin-hockey-arena-scandal/

Alaska is a close knit type of society, they are probably good friends with the people who own SBS.

It is not like there are millions of people in Wasilla.

I know, I know, the Constitution has very few "requirements" for the position, but the public certainly has quite a few more and they include things like experience.

Lack of experience obviously is not a problem to win the Presidency.

Well, you're right. We have had to improve our standards since electing GWB.

Well, we failed[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

absolutely agree on that one.

I don't think she's up to speed to have her own show yet, but I can absolutely see where she could easily be groomed for one. Probably take six months to a year to figure out the details of putting one together anyway. More than enough time for her to learn the ins and outs of being on the other side of the interview desk. Well, at least well enough for a lop-sided show like O'Reilly, Beck or Olbermann.

It would be interesting to really see how quick she is on her feet without a scriptwriter. Those shows are just too quickly put together to rely completely on the writing staff. The host really does need to have a lot of stuff in their heads about the subjects in general. It might all be lop-sided and contrived clap trap, but there's a LOT of it.

Wouldn't it be sweet revenge, to watch her grill Katie Couric, when CBS goes belly up.

Wouldn't it be sweet revenge, to watch her grill Katie Couric, when CBS goes belly up.

Bwahahah . . . I suppose if you think Couric "grilled" her then yes. I never understood how "softball" equalled a "grilling."
quade -

Why do you think she resigned?

I'm curious as to what you think were the motivating factors.

/Marg

"I polled the most important people in my life, my kids, where the count was unanimous," she said. "Well, in response to asking, 'Hey, you want me to make a positive difference and fight for all our children's future from outside the governor's office?' It was four yeses and one 'Hell, yeah!" And the 'Hell, yeah' sealed it."

Looks like she said screw this. The resignation can only hurt her political career and money doesn't seem to be a problem with her and her family so it's a looking like a 'family first' decision.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Bwahahah . . . I suppose if you think Couric "grilled" her then yes. I never understood how "softball" equalled a "grilling."

Absolutely - she's really lucky she didn't get asked hardball questions like "How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?" or "How does it feel to "win"?" or "How does your family feel about your "winning" breaking a glass ceiling?". :|
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>I polled the most important people in my life, my kids . . .

I think that whenever a politician starts talking about their families (or their family values) there's generally something else going on. It will be interesting to see what happens. Some clues:

A recent article about Palin in Vanity Fair has led to a huge kerfuffle in the GOP, with conservative bloggers calling for the destruction of anyone who contributed to it.

A last minute hurried announcement like this, held right before a 3-day weekend, seems timed to attract as little attention as possible - as if she hopes she can get out cleanly without a lot of discussion about it, or as if something came up very suddenly.

Well, we failed

who is we?

right wing, greedy, religous, selfish, gunslingers?

the caring, sharing people that give a shit about others and the welfare of the country as a whole won.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

> I kind of see her either becoming a full time issue lobbyist (SarahPAC?) . . .

That's probably the most likely. She'll become the Jesse Jackson of the right wing.

Yeah, but with a difference.
JJ would call you a racist because the fly you swatted was black, where Palin would ask if you were planning on cooking it.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.