Andy9o8

Hypochrisy - FoxNews's own "unprecedented access"

Well, well, well. With all the sniveling and wimpering by Fox "News" and their brainless dittoheads in the blogosphere about the (horrors!) "unprecedented access" ABC News has given to the Obama administration, here's a compare-and-contrast clip showing how Fox"News" preened and strutted all over itself about - guess what? - its "unprecedented access" to the Bush Administration.

Don't just read the blurb, click and look/listen to the video clip; it's short.

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001852/

Fox caught with its pants down on ABC attacks
Posted Jun 18, 2009, 12:52 PM PT by Jed Lewison

As Think Progress noted, despite Fox’s whining about ABC’s upcoming special on health care reform which will include a town hall conducted in the White House, it turns out that when George W. Bush was President, Fox did exactly what they are accusing ABC of.

Here’s a video mashup of what Fox is saying now — and what it reported then, including footage from its fawning specials on both Bush and Cheney.

Must be a case of "It’s Okay If You’re Fox News."

That's good! But a little Michael Moorish in the editing, no? The content of the interviews would tell the tale. If Bush is presenting an unopposed infomercial on his policy and agenda, then I'd say Fox is caught. But - all they could come up with is 43 on a bike and sitting at his desk......And DC on the jet..... Hmmmm. Does anyone remember or have a link to the content?

including footage from its fawning specials on both Bush and Cheney.

OK there's some "footage," but very little actual content. None actually.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

Hmmm...sorry....I'm trying to remember when Fox ran an evening news cast (Special Report with Brit Hume) followed by a one hour info-mercial (perhaps with Shepard Smith) from the White House while President Bush was in office and not selling ad time to opposing views....

...oh that's right...

...they didn't...

Dailykos...there's a level minded resource for folks....

:S:S:S:S

Part of me is thinking that the one-hour deal will be a pre-recorded, edited, scripted event, shot over several days...that's just about their style.

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Well, well, well. With all the sniveling and wimpering by Fox "News" and their brainless dittoheads in the blogosphere about the (horrors!) "unprecedented access" ABC News has given to the Obama administration, here's a compare-and-contrast clip showing how Fox"News" preened and strutted all over itself about - guess what? - its "unprecedented access" to the Bush Administration.

Don't just read the blurb, click and look/listen to the video clip; it's short.

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001852/

Fox caught with its pants down on ABC attacks
Posted Jun 18, 2009, 12:52 PM PT by Jed Lewison

As Think Progress noted, despite Fox’s whining about ABC’s upcoming special on health care reform which will include a town hall conducted in the White House, it turns out that when George W. Bush was President, Fox did exactly what they are accusing ABC of.

Here’s a video mashup of what Fox is saying now — and what it reported then, including footage from its fawning specials on both Bush and Cheney.

Must be a case of "It’s Okay If You’re Fox News."

:D

I am trying to figure out if just your pants are down around your ankles or if you lost your shorts too:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That's good! But a little Michael Moorish in the editing, no? The content of the interviews would tell the tale. If Bush is presenting an unopposed infomercial on his policy and agenda, then I'd say Fox is caught. But - all they could come up with is 43 on a bike and sitting at his desk......And DC on the jet..... Hmmmm. Does anyone remember or have a link to the content?

including footage from its fawning specials on both Bush and Cheney.

I cant help but enjoy the irony of someone posting a get fox news link from the daily kos. That so beautiful it is hard not to smile about
Abraham Lincoln

Nobody seemed to have a problem a few weeks ago when NBC covered the President and his family documenting their day-to-day lives and feelings. That's a different thing.

I haven't seen the link (I'm on Blackberry). I will take a look.

But I don't recall seeing (of course, I don't watch Fox News so I could have easily missed it) an event like this. But I'll watch the link.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I haven't seen the link (I'm on Blackberry). I will take a look.

But I don't recall seeing (of course, I don't watch Fox News so I could have easily missed it) an event like this. But I'll watch the link.

Don't waste your time. They key on the use of the word "unprecedented" rather than on the content of the broadcast.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

Well, to me something is either unprecedentwd or there is precedent. If it's been done before then it is not unprecedented.

So, the issue is, has this been done before? In which case "Bush did it first" would be a valid counterargument to me.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>I cant help but enjoy the irony of someone posting a get fox news link
>from the daily kos. That so beautiful it is hard not to smile about

Yep. It's almost as good as someone posting an article on "climate science" from Newsmax. Gets a good giggle whenever people here do it and expect to be taken seriously.

Hypochrisy - FoxNews's own "unprecedented access"
I love being lectured to by people who cannot spell.

What does lecturing have to do with spelling? Lecturing is an verbal art form, not written. ;)

Never cross swords with the pedantic. They'll tell you you're doing it wrong and then chop off your pendant.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It's from DailyKos Fox "News"! What did you expect?

Fixie.

Fox News/Daily Kos

Ok everybody, which do you consider the more biased?

How about you Andy??
Abraham Lincoln

Fox News/Daily Kos

Ok everybody, which do you consider the more biased??

Daily Kos, but then again they don't claim to be "Fair and Balanced."

It's also an unfair comparison. Daily Kos isn't exactly using the public airwaves and projecting themselves as anything but a liberal blog.

FoxNews . . . well, they do have that whole "news" thing in their name.
quade -

>Fox News/Daily Kos

Fox News (right wing) = CNN (left wing)

Newsmax (right wing) = Daily Kos (left wing)

Beg to differ on the CNN point. I'd place it just left of center and give the full left spot to MSNBC.
quade -

>Fox News/Daily Kos

Beg to differ on the CNN point. I'd place it just left of center and give the full left spot to MSNBC.

Beg all you want. Bill has this one right for a change. The very fact that you do not consider it (CNN) NOT left wing speaks volumes:D
Abraham Lincoln

Fox News/Daily Kos

It's also an unfair comparison. Daily Kos isn't exactly using the public airwaves and projecting themselves as anything but a liberal blog.

IF, you would ever care to watch it, they have more differing veiw points than anyone in media today. That include who Hannity and O'Riely have. Now, you may complain about the format but, that does not change this fact.

(cnn in left center, that is damnd funny)
Abraham Lincoln

Beg all you want. Bill has this one right for a change. The very fact that you do not consider it (CNN) NOT left wing speaks volumes:D

CNN used to be (when it launched many years ago) pretty much dead center. They simply couldn't afford to be anything else. It was already the "Cheap News Network" and as such took in a huge variety of sources from across the globe. It still does. When Turner left, it crept slightly left, but not much. It still has reciprocal agreements with stations around the world on all sides of the issues.

MSNBC, on the other hand, has been heavily promoting itself as a counter-point to FoxNews.

If YOU don't recognize that, then there is something seriously wrong with the breadth of coverage you expose yourself to.
quade -

CNN used to be (when it launched many years ago) pretty much dead center. They simply couldn't afford to be anything else. It was already the "Cheap News Network" and as such took in a huge variety of sources from across the globe. It still does. When Turner left, it crept slightly left, but not much. It still has reciprocal agreements with stations around the world on all sides of the issues.

MSNBC, on the other hand, has been heavily promoting itself as a counter-point to FoxNews.

If YOU don't recognize that, then there is something seriously wrong with the breadth of coverage you expose yourself to.

The reason I tend to think like you that MSNBC is the better counterpart to Fox is to look at their primetime host/commentators. At Fox, you have O'Reilly and Hannity; at MSNBC, Olbermann and Maddow. That's pretty symmetric in my view. By contrast, the only real host/commentator at CNN is Lou Dobbs and he's probably closer to Fox than to MSNBC idealogically.

IF, you would ever care to watch it, they have more differing veiw points than anyone in media today. That include who Hannity and O'Riely have. Now, you may complain about the format but, that does not change this fact.

(cnn in left center, that is damnd funny)

(Fox news having more different view points than anyone in media today, now THAT is damned funny!)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Fox News/Daily Kos

Uh huh. Perhaps you could illustrate this more clearly. (You know, like with evidence)

I don't think you will be able to IMO.

>Fox news having more different view points than anyone in media
>today, now THAT is damned funny!

Of course they do. They have right wing commentators, far right wing commentators, and anti-liberal commentators. They have the religious right, the more libertarian-leaning republicans, and various moderate and extreme GOP members. They have a lot of different view points.

>Fox News/Daily Kos

That's exactly where I'd put them, too.